Archived TPS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I never get carts or cover lunches/breaks for TMs. All I do is literally is all surveillance and write incidents as a Sr. TPS

I help out with carts, sometimes cover electronics, and have even coveted GSA shifts. I do this because I'm nice and my STL likes me to but it IS against directives.

An AP team member cannot work in non-AP roles in a store they are assigned as AP.

The store teams love it when we help out but they can't make us do it. If you volunteer to do it, it's fine. But my paycheck comes from the district office, not the store (why they can't mess with my hours) and they pay me to be present and able to respond and intervene. I can't prevent shoplifting while pushing carts. And I definitely can't ignore a call by saying "sorry I'm covering electronics." It's great for a TPS to be global, but we aren't supposed to be tied down to any workcenter outside of AP.

The only incident I've heard about at our store is one of the TPS getting bit during an apprehension. Fortunately the skin wasn't broken.

I help out with carts, sometimes cover electronics, and have even coveted GSA shifts. I do this because I'm nice and my STL likes me to but it IS against directives.

An AP team member cannot work in non-AP roles in a store they are assigned as AP.

The store teams love it when we help out but they can't make us do it. If you volunteer to do it, it's fine. But my paycheck comes from the district office, not the store (why they can't mess with my hours) and they pay me to be present and able to respond and intervene. I can't prevent shoplifting while pushing carts. And I definitely can't ignore a call by saying "sorry I'm covering electronics." It's great for a TPS to be global, but we aren't supposed to be tied down to any workcenter outside of AP.

Because everyone follows directives to the T right.?;)

I help with team lift carry outs but I will NEVER do carts. I've been asked by front end leadership to help with carts before and I always tell them no, I need to be at the door. One of my co-workers agreed to do it once. We had a small conversation about it and ultimately agreed it hurts our integrity as security if guests see us in the parking lot bringing in carts.

Woah, I never get carts or cover lunches/breaks for TMs. All I do is literally is all surveillance and write incidents as a Sr. TPS
Same here, plus door time so I can see who's coming in. We get PMRs or apprehensions that way. Makes the day go by faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back