Archived "Trainer" position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't count on a raise. I'm considered a captain to help run the workcenter. Nothing.

It just means you're training the new hires on how to do things. And possibly setting them up with their computer training.

Why would you expect a raise to train a new hire to do the same job you're doing?

Don't count on a raise. I'm considered a captain to help run the workcenter. Nothing.

It just means you're training the new hires on how to do things. And possibly setting them up with their computer training.
Hmmm so the difference between a TL and a captain is basically the pay?

It's just to make you "feel better."

So basically more work for the same pay. Neat.
Well it’s not really a permanant position. You’ll just be working alongside a new team member for a couple shifts, then it’ll go back to normal. Which is annoying, you take the focus off your job to help the new TM, and the new TM can’t do the job in a timely matter because they’re inexperienced. So you get a lot less work done at the end of the day.

Why would a person be fool enough to train someone correctly who might compete for hours with them without more money for doing so?
In the humble words of my TL, "Make them good at their job so they can train the new hires for us."

Edit: It works.

2nd Edit: I haven't trained anyone in over 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back