Archived Training store

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
What exactly does that mean and how is it determined? What is the difference between a training store and non-training store?

My store is considered a training store. We are ulv and we also are in a "central" location to other Target Stores.90 percent of the stores in my district are an hour to an hour 15 minutes from store. Also, by being a smaller store trainees ( etls, tl, srtls, etc ) are allowed to learn but not feel like they are being thrown off the deep end. There are pros and cons. Cons you meet some people you have the worse attitudes and then you realize that they are going to be "leaders". Pros are they are only in the store for a short time...and then they are on their way to torment someone else.

Were a training store, b volume. They also like to use our training room for random meetings district wide.

There are not really "training stores" in the official sense, but there are always stores that seem to be better ran than others. Those stores will often times train new hires because the environment is right (so people can see how it should look).

It also depends on the area. There are some stores that are GREAT at logistics and will train every new person in log, but they may suck at GE... it all depends.

There are not really "training stores" in the official sense, but there are always stores that seem to be better ran than others. Those stores will often times train new hires because the environment is right (so people can see how it should look).

It also depends on the area. There are some stores that are GREAT at logistics and will train every new person in log, but they may suck at GE... it all depends.
This.

It really depends on the individuals in your store. During my previous STL's tenure of 2 years, he probably had every single one of his ETLs train at least one person. Several TLs, too. But I wouldn't say that we had a great store. He certainly never had a trainee. He resigned and most of our ETLs either got promoted or switched stores for a better position.

New STL is great and could definitely train someone, but only 1 of the 4 ETLs could effectively handle a trainee.

This.

It really depends on the individuals in your store. During my previous STL's tenure of 2 years, he probably had every single one of his ETLs train at least one person. Several TLs, too. But I wouldn't say that we had a great store. He certainly never had a trainee. He resigned and most of our ETLs either got promoted or switched stores for a better position.

New STL is great and could definitely train someone, but only 1 of the 4 ETLs could effectively handle a trainee.
Ours have too big of a superiority complex to train anyone. They mostly all talk down to TMs. I guess that comes with being so young in a leadership position though.

Volume has little to do with what stores train leaders. It's more about who is running the best process. My store is one of the highest volume stores in the country. We are currently the district training store for logistics and AP.

My store is an ETL training store. It means we have a couple of ETL positions that get turned over once every few years plus the ETL-SL position turns over every single year AND we have several ETLs who've been around for what seems like forever.

There are not really "training stores" in the official sense, but there are always stores that seem to be better ran than others.

My store has been designated a training store by the group VP. We're also a prototype store though so it may have something to do with that. And we're an A volume store now from what I've been told. Only no truck day is Saturday from now on.

In the last year our store had trained 15+ tls and about 7 etls. We also are sent etls that are still waiting for a permanent store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back