Archived training tm, backroom question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm a little confused.

So I am brand new at Target and being trained for overnight backroom, and at one point during a training shift I was instructed to pull backstock and repack for repricing, but wasn't shown how to do it properly. When I asked if I was doing it right, I got an unconvincing "uh-huh" and was quickly left alone.

What's the difference between a bad repack and a good repack/ what does a good repack look like?

I didn't know there was a good way. Throw everything in is how they do it at my store.

Does it help whoever has to deal with them for me to try and keep everything organized or is that just slowing me down?

It does help them...but it also slows you down and you being slow will get noticed a lot quicker than you being messy. Just throw it all in and keep it as nice as you can without actually touching stuff again after it's already in the box.

That makes sense.. When the scanner is saying to pull all of an item from backstock, do I still need to count how many there were that I took out and enter it in the scanner? My trainer didn't specify to my knowledge a different way to do X amount vs. All of an item.

Yes, always enter what you're physically pulling. Repacks, try to find a middle line. Your goal is to pull as quickly as possible, but don't just dump it all in. Trust me, other teams would not return the favor if you made it perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back