Archived Transition Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy way to spot casepacks which are needed for an upcoming transition? It seems our overnight team is dropping the ball putting that sort of stuff aside when it comes off the truck, and it ends up backstocked. This means our POG team has to spend hours it doesn't have pulling the stuff all over again, when it should have all ended up on one pallet waiting to be set.

It will be marked T for transition (black box with a white letter) and it either won't have a sales floor location on the pick label, or it will but it will be prefaced with a T (TB43 (1) 2-3-2).

We only leave out the pre-tied translation and sort it by aisle. Regular transition gets backstocked. Sometimes flow will mix pre-tied transition with regular backstock on the line, but we usually spot it and set it aside when we get it to the backroom.

This means our POG team has to spend hours it doesn't have pulling the stuff all over again
Isn't the backroom supposed to be doing the pulling anyway?

It will be marked T for transition (black box with a white letter) and it either won't have a sales floor location on the pick label, or it will but it will be prefaced with a T (TB43 (1) 2-3-2).

We only leave out the pre-tied translation and sort it by aisle. Regular transition gets backstocked. Sometimes flow will mix pre-tied transition with regular backstock on the line, but we usually spot it and set it aside when we get it to the backroom.

Our presentation team gets in at 4am. Because we're an overnight store, back room doesn't get in until 8am, and we're working with a bare-bones team right now. We're lucky if we get research/EXF cleared out. Pulling multiple pallets of POG batches isn't going to happen.

Aren't the boxes labeled with the department name and set date? Perhaps flow needs to pay more attention during the unload.

I was told by the PPTL that boxes marked with an "S" are transition. Just wasn't sure if that letter changes from transition to transition or time of year. Yes, flow definitely needs to pay more attention. It has been brought up to their TLs, but it still happens. A lot.

image.jpeg There is best practice and then there the other best practices that contradicts the first best practice by giving different direction and then there is "Well this is how we do it at this store /district/group"

I prefer to do everything to best practice unless there is another way that is more efficient with the same if not more/better results. A big problem I see is we are allocated payroll to execute the same process' that in lower volume stores we simply do not have enough hours or team members to get everything done without burning out the few key team members we have. Seems as if we are always trying to manipulate the hours given "to fix" or support something.

I'm curious who has a successful stage/transition pull process and how do you execute it and what is your volume type ?

I was told by the PPTL that boxes marked with an "S" are transition. Just wasn't sure if that letter changes from transition to transition or time of year. Yes, flow definitely needs to pay more attention. It has been brought up to their TLs, but it still happens. A lot.

I was talking about the large brightly colored labels on multiple sides of the box. Those are a lot harder to miss than a T on the pick label.

Our presentation team gets in at 4am. Because we're an overnight store, back room doesn't get in until 8am, and we're working with a bare-bones team right now. We're lucky if we get research/EXF cleared out. Pulling multiple pallets of POG batches isn't going to happen.

Same here, but add pulling price changes on top of research and EXFs. And don't forget about flexible fulfillment orders. I open the backroom (alone, of course) one day a week and I usually walk in to multiple (usually large) flexes, then I have to do the SDA and pull the price changes, which are often huge because no hours for PTM and the closer doesn't have time to pull them.

Lately, plano has had to pull most of their own batches because we just don't have time to do it. When hours go up, one of our backroom TMs is scheduled under plano specifically for the purpose of pulling POGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back