Archived Truck unload on Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else's store doing this? I was told a few days ago that we would be unloading a truck late thanksgiving night. About 10 or 11pm. Is this possible?

Nope, someone probably got their days confused, probably meant wednesday night.

We took a truck black Thursday. We are an overnight process so the flow crew came in on Weds did the set up for thrusday, went home and came back did the truck like any other day. We who are day side but working overnight helped out

It really sucked cause the process pissed off everyone, dayside got to work side by side with the flow team members they have to clean up after everyday. There were some not so fun conversations that happened.

Is anyone else's store doing this? I was told a few days ago that we would be unloading a truck late thanksgiving night. About 10 or 11pm. Is this possible?

Yes its called a lull trailer, and many stores have been doing it for years. It helps with the recovery piece because instead of doing what we had been doing (pulling stuff with the autofills) we just take a trailer because it is probably the same amount of push, but is much easier to get pallets and flats of push from a truck over pulling it all.

Nope, someone probably got their days confused, probably meant wednesday night.
Check the Q4 page on workbench. I believe every store is getting a Thursday trailer and it's up to them when they want to unload it.

Lull trailers make sense for stores that are slow overnight Thanksgiving into Black Friday. Schedule Flow for cashiering or crowd management at opening, start the unload at 10pm, push from 11pm til 3 or 4am.

The only way we could take truck black Thursday at my store would be if we closed for about 3 hours and it was ALL HANDS ON DECK, for unload/push.

If Target wanted to make a lot more money they would open for 6-7 hours Thursday , close for 3 hours, Take a truck and have as many people as possible push it. Then open again for Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back