Archived Truck unloaders...What does your line look like with mordernization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your line set up with the new uboats? How many are you responsible for while sorting freight off the line? Who sorts repacks on the line? How is it handled when someone doesn’t get there stuff off?

Well, for one thing, the underneath of the line is a disaster. Endcap shippers. Displays. Transition shippers. It all lays there because no one has time to sort it. So much stuff just left on the floor.

Shippers tossed everywhere. HBA U-Boats strewn about. Softlines repacks tossed into the SFS space ‘cause why not? Good luck not getting your foot run over by a cart/ caught on a box. You like mazes? Modernization is for you!

You like mazes? Modernization is for you!

No kidding. At our store we work Uboats while the unload is going on, and naturally the way to the cardboard baler is blocked (between the line and the dock area). You have to go all the way around, through the other set of double doors in the freezer section of market, down to the doorway into the aisle to get to the baler, SQUEEZE through there...dispose of cardboard and do it all over again. Then they want to know why you are moving so slow. I don't get to do this much anymore as I come in later but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

How is your line set up with the new uboats? How many are you responsible for while sorting freight off the line? Who sorts repacks on the line? How is it handled when someone doesn’t get there stuff off?
I sort the repack off the line , at the end of the line I have two pallets where softlines goes and there is two girls breaking it of as it comes off , also a cosmetics girl at the end of the line that break out the cosmetics repacks . Once the Uboats everyone goes stocks , while me , the thrower and the line person continue to unload , once they are done with their Uboats , they backstock the remaining and comes back for new one. Unload gets done in 90 minutes , but he shippers are thrown on a pallet and up on the steal for the sales floor to, for the rugs I use a cage. By the time everyone is off we come clean .

Interesting. I’m to be sorting my uboats based on their aisle. There is approximately 8 uboats with 3 shelves and umpteen aisles. Plus sorting through repacks. It’s too much

For everybody working in inbound with Modernization, how many hours are you guys working a week? Are you guys allowed to push any u-boat or flat to the floor since everyone is assigned to somebody else in their own section? We are worried that we won't make any hours now, and won't be able to extend them either.

For everybody working in inbound with Modernization, how many hours are you guys working a week? Are you guys allowed to push any u-boat or flat to the floor since everyone is assigned to somebody else in their own section? We are worried that we won't make any hours now, and won't be able to extend them either.

I'm getting 5 hours per week. After we push the Uboats with our names on them, we're allowed to push other Uboats that haven't been done yet. I am not backstocking or owning a section yet. ASANTS.

Check out Walmart ‘Fast Unloader’. Welcome to the future. See YouTube Walmart auto truck unloader. Where’s Sarah Conner?

Last edited:

300h for inbound and 150 for backroom , backroom pulls and push auto ,and backstock ,and the inbound unload , push and backstock the truck .

I haven't unloaded the truck in a couple of months, but our process is still the same. The only repacks that get sorted under the line are combos, and that's all the way at the end. Softlines has their breakout in receiving so whoever is at the end tosses them their repacks.

Every other department that has repacks is supposed to work it off a u-boat, but few people do it. Case packs on u-boats are supposed to be sorted by aisle, but no one does it.

Also we have no u-boats or smart carts/three tiers because they're all stuffed with god knows what.

It doesnt look good and it isnt going to look good anymore. Target will probably have a few bad years due to this crap

It's awful. There's 1 thrower inside the truck, 2 of us on the back of the line, 3 on the front. Sometimes our TL will help the thrower and she'll get us empty u-boats or flats if needed, swap out the full one. I've said only half-jokingly that it's a good thing most of us are thin - the u-boats are crammed so closely together that I'm often going in between them sideways to put stuff on them. The HBA & beauty ones are at an angle because of what's under the steel right there.
I'm the lucky duck who sorts the 4 (kitchen/pets) and combo repacks and I think this is the stupidest way ever to handle repacks. We've learned the hard way that we have to open every single repack; too many are circled 3 for domestics and it's nothing for that area or circled 1 for pharmacy and it's toys and sporting goods.
I feel sorry most days for the women who break out soft lines repacks - and sorry every day for the couple of us at that end of the line who stack those boxes. The piles get insanely high, and that's even with us taking the 2 items out of a green repack and throwing them in with other stuff. We're pretty good about stacking them well, but we've had some fall over - never on anyone, thankfully! (Can anyone explain why the DC sends a green repack, which is a dang big box, with 1 small item in it?)
As far as someone not getting their stuff off the line, do you mean a random box that someone should have grabbed and didn't? Our team is usually pretty good about it, and we float back and forth along our side of the line if we need to. One good thing I can say for our inbound team is that as much as we all tend to grumble about the new unload process, we really do work well together. Took working out some kinks, but that aspect is pretty good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back