Trying to come back from Loa

\
Someone got an e-mail saying this though.

I called the benefits hotline today and they were unable to provide an answer in regards to receiving unemployment on an LOA. That makes me think that it will vary from state to state.

Yes you can.

You can currently collect even if working fewer hours than normal.

At least in my state even gig workers like Shipt, Uber, Lyft, etc. can all collect currently.
Fewer hours, yes, but in my state you can't just decide to go on a leave of absence and collect unemployment unless you meet certain special circumstances, such as being the only caregiver of a child home from school or others affected by the coronavirus.

Fewer hours, yes, but in my state you can't just decide to go on a leave of absence and collect unemployment unless you meet certain special circumstances, such as being the only caregiver of a child home from school or others affected by the coronavirus.

Aren’t you higher risk? I’m high risk and I just took off for an extra month and filed for UI. I suspect that I’ll be denied UI but accepted under CARES.

I will report back with updates as they come.

Aren’t you higher risk? I’m high risk and I just took off for an extra month and filed for UI. I suspect that I’ll be denied UI but accepted under CARES.

I will report back with updates as they come.
Hmm. Maybe I will try as well!

Back