Trying to come back from Loa

Hello! I'm due to be going back to work in a few weeks, as I took the unpaid loa because of the coronavirus but I cant afford to take any time off. My HR called me today and said I need to call Target Pay and Benefits, as they are assuming I'm extending my loa because the virus isnt getting better and I need to reach them that I want to come back at my scheduled date. I keep trying to call but I'm not even being put on hold, just a generic message plays then I'm hung up on. I'm not entirely sure what to do now.

Call your store and confirm to them your return to work date. The benefits center will process your LOA as it was submitted and you’ll drop back into the system with 24-72 hours of your scheduled return date. Aside from contacting your store and letting them know you’ll be back you do not have to do anything.

I was recently out on a medical leave and coming back was more difficult than getting the leave. It took almost 2 weeks before I was on the schedule again and I had been in contact with my store 2 weeks prior to my return. It also took another week after that to be able to use the time clock. Maybe it was my "stellar"(that should be sarcasm font) HR personnel, maybe it wasn't. Be sure to confirm your availability once you return. Mine was really jacked up.

I was recently out on a medical leave and coming back was more difficult than getting the leave. It took almost 2 weeks before I was on the schedule again and I had been in contact with my store 2 weeks prior to my return. It also took another week after that to be able to use the time clock. Maybe it was my "stellar"(that should be sarcasm font) HR personnel, maybe it wasn't. Be sure to confirm your availability once you return. Mine was really jacked up.
No that’s all on Leave and Disability/HROC. LD is responsible for sending return to work info to HROC who adds you back into mytime so you can Clock in. When I came back from mine in the winter, it took two weeks, I missed a paycheck and then they forgot to add the hours I missed to the next one so they had to do an off cycle paycheck.

this time I’m gonna ask them to add me back a week before I actually wanna come back.

There’s literally no reason to call the Benefits center to confirm your Return to Work date. Especially for an unpaid LOA.
As someone who had to call 3 times before they sent return to work to HROC and I could clock in, I disagree :) but email works too, according to my HR.

That happens because MyTime and LeavePro aren’t synced. Usually you return in the system within 3 days after your leave
In my case according to HROC it was literally because reedgroup or whoever didn’t tell hroc/mytime to take me off leave. Like it took 3 reps before one of them realized it never happened.

Last edited:
In my case according to HROC it was literally because reedgroup or whoever didn’t tell hroc/mytime to take me off leave. Like it took 3 reps before one of them realized it never happened.
Yeah for some reason the Return to Work date isn’t being entered on their end. It happened to 2 TMs in my store. I had to call the benefits center to have it resolved.

Yeah for some reason the Return to Work date isn’t being entered on their end. It happened to 2 TMs in my store. I had to call the benefits center to have it resolved.
Quick q: is there any way to have my return to work be the day I’m returning to work, but have them send whatever HROC needs a few days early so I can actually clock in when I return to work? The system now is just stupid.

Quick q: is there any way to have my return to work be the day I’m returning to work, but have them send whatever HROC needs a few days early so I can actually clock in when I return to work? The system now is just stupid.
The system is ridiculous. They would have to return you a few days earlier unfortunately for you to be able to clock in on the exact day you return. The return date wouldn’t be accurate but you would be able to clock in.

The system is ridiculous. They would have to return you a few days earlier unfortunately for you to be able to clock in on the exact day you return. The return date wouldn’t be accurate but you would be able to clock in.
Ugh who thought that would be a good system. “Oh, TMs don’t need to clock in on the day they return?”

do weekends count towards the two-three days it takes? Or is it M-F?

My HR called me last week to confirm I was coming back at end of my leave because they were making the schedule. Maybe you should call your direct report manager because it sounds like your HR has bad information....

I finally got through to pay and benefits after being on hold for over 2 hours! They sent my info to my hr just on Friday so I cant go back until the week after I was supposed to return but I'm glad to be going back :)

Hello! I'm due to be going back to work in a few weeks, as I took the unpaid loa because of the coronavirus but I cant afford to take any time off. My HR called me today and said I need to call Target Pay and Benefits, as they are assuming I'm extending my loa because the virus isnt getting better and I need to reach them that I want to come back at my scheduled date. I keep trying to call but I'm not even being put on hold, just a generic message plays then I'm hung up on. I'm not entirely sure what to do now.

I'm confused by the claim that you can't afford to take time off. You should be able to collect unemployment if on a LOA relating to the virus. The employment should actually pay more than what Target would pay you unless you typically work 40 hours a week and have a hourly rate in excess of ~$24.

Pretty much any TM or hourly TL staying home currently should be making more than they would if they returned to work.

I'm confused by the claim that you can't afford to take time off. You should be able to collect unemployment if on a LOA relating to the virus. The employment should actually pay more than what Target would pay you unless you typically work 40 hours a week and have a hourly rate in excess of ~$24.

Pretty much any TM or hourly TL staying home currently should be making more than they would if they returned to work.
You can't collect unemployment when on an LOA. Target will pay for a month's leave if you are high-risk (age, health conditions), or two weeks if you need to be quarantined due to exposure and two weeks if you get the virus.

Otherwise leaves are unpaid, and like I said, you can't collect unemployment. In my state you also can't collect if you quit your job, unless you can prove that you had to quit due to unsafe work conditions. Personally, I think having even one positive case in your store is unsafe conditions but it's not enough to collect.

Believe me, if I could quit and collect, I would.

You can't collect unemployment when on an LOA. Target will pay for a month's leave if you are high-risk (age, health conditions), or two weeks if you need to be quarantined due to exposure and two weeks if you get the virus.

Otherwise leaves are unpaid, and like I said, you can't collect unemployment. In my state you also can't collect if you quit your job, unless you can prove that you had to quit due to unsafe work conditions. Personally, I think having even one positive case in your store is unsafe conditions but it's not enough to collect.

Believe me, if I could quit and collect, I would.
Someone got an e-mail saying this though.
Has any taken an unpaid LOA and was able to receive unemployment? I got an email from Target benefits that said this...

"If you decide to continue your leave as an unpaid leave, you can choose to use any accrued time you may have, such as vacation, personal holiday or sick time. You may also be eligible for state unemployment benefits if you are on leave due to coronavirus related reasons. You can access usa.gov/unemployment for more information and to be directed to your state’s unemployment web site. Note, while on an unpaid leave of absence, you will be directly billed monthly for benefits, if enrolled."

I've never used unemployment benefits ever so I have no idea.

Back