Archived Trying to get rid of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an HRTM and have been in the position for a while now. Over the last year, my HR hours have tanked and now I am only in the position around 10-15 hours a week, the rest on the salesfloor. I have been getting scheduled odd shifts, a lot of closes and weekends when I never used to work weekends before. Do you think they are trying to get me to quit? Is the HR position not a vital role anymore?

We have a HRTM who has to work weekends too. Our HRTM also has to play operator as well since we are low volume and pretty much don't have fitting room attendant anymore.

I'm an HRTM and have been in the position for a while now. Over the last year, my HR hours have tanked and now I am only in the position around 10-15 hours a week, the rest on the salesfloor. I have been getting scheduled odd shifts, a lot of closes and weekends when I never used to work weekends before. Do you think they are trying to get me to quit? Is the HR position not a vital role anymore?
I honestly feel in my heart of hearts, anyone, (and I think from all levels: STL straight down to us tm's) that has been with Spot 3+ years or more, they are trying to get rid of. Vets of Spot, have seen it all. (Don't believe me, ask someone who has been with your Store long) They know a lot and also the "politics" and everyone knows knowledge is true power. Good luck in all you do @ohsherrymylove

I feel like with e2e, everyone is experiencing bizarre schedule shifts right now. I'd speak up first. If you have open availability, and you're the only one experiencing the severe cut, it's going to be hard for them to explain that. Just be prepared to make your case. Few things are worse than getting the run around on an issue just because you didn't know enough to point out where things aren't making sense.

Are there other HRTMs? I don't understand how you can get all of your HR stuff done in 15 hours.

Working weekends isn't out of the ordinary (I think my HRTM works rotating weekends), but not being scheduled much in HR is pretty odd.

Are there other HRTMs? I don't understand how you can get all of your HR stuff done in 15 hours.

Working weekends isn't out of the ordinary (I think my HRTM works rotating weekends), but not being scheduled much in HR is pretty odd.

As always you are spot on. We need more info.

How many hours do you normally get? Are you the other hrtm? Stores get a minimum of 24 HR hours from mytime so something is up.

Also as an hrtm you should have a good relationship with your etl HR or senior hr. Why not point blank ask them?

In any well run dept like hr you should know beforehand if your hrs are going to be cut and the reason why,good communication is the key and while people might not like it they may understand,what is not acceptable is that when tms who have been getting proper adult living wages/hours for a long time suddenly find out when they look at their schedule that they have been cut to 10/15.Target has lost its way in this regard and that is one of the reasons stores are the way they are.I have seen grown people cry when they look at their schedule and I am sure that many of you have too,
enough said.

In any well run dept like hr you should know beforehand if your hrs are going to be cut and the reason why,good communication is the key and while people might not like it they may understand,what is not acceptable is that when tms who have been getting proper adult living wages/hours for a long time suddenly find out when they look at their schedule that they have been cut to 10/15.Target has lost its way in this regard and that is one of the reasons stores are the way they are.I have seen grown people cry when they look at their schedule and I am sure that many of you have too,
enough said.
It doesn't sound like a big cut in hours. It sounds like their HR hours have been cut and they now get random salesfloor shifts to make up for it.

I am in a ulv store. Our hr tm only gets around 25 hours a week. She is off every other weekend and works every other Saturday. On the weeks she works on Saturdays most of the time she will work Mon through Sat jut so she can get somewhat reasonable hours. She also preps the ad signs when they come in as well. Does Target try to make people quit? Yep. I have seen them do it and more times than not they are successful. However, in this case I would be willing to bet its just a reduction of hours in the hr area. If you are really worried about it talk to you hr srtl and ask them .You should be able to tell if they are being honest or not .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back