Archived Tuition Reimbursement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with receiving tuition reimbursement through Target. I am a TL and although I won't be taking business classes, per say, they will be finance and government related and I feel as though I can swing those for relativity to my position.

I start school next month and plan on applying for the reimbursement soon, so hopefully that is enough time to process. I don't need the money right away or anything but I want to set myself up for my best chance.

I guess I'm just looking to see how reimbursement went for others, whether it was difficult or what problems you ran into, if any. Also, is there any stipulation that you have to remain with the company afterwards? This part was unclear in my searching.

Thank you!

Non exempt Tm must work at spot when course begins.
Non exempt Tm must be active with spot & working to get the reimbursement.
Courses must be approved by spot, first.
Max Amts:
3k for undergrad stuff
4k for grad stuff
5k for masters
Grades must be higher than c minus, too.
Call tmsc 800-394-1885 for more info.
But use ehr first.
I hope this helps!

Once the class is approved the money is added to your paycheck. It counts as income and you will have to pay taxes on this.

You technically can get the entire amount of the tuition paid for, but it would be over the course of several years. They only pay out those denominations on an annual basis, so if you finish your masters in two years you'll get $8K over those two years and the rest will be dispersed over the subsequent years as long as you continue your employment with Target during those years.

Huh I thought you had to be a degree to be a TL now...?

Does it state anywhere that you HAVE to be a TL to get the tuition reimbursement?

Maybe your store expects a high talent level out of its TLs like my old store did and so they require a degree but company wide that isn't the case. I just got TL a few months back and I'm a 20yr old full time college student. Most of the TLs I've seen are in 30s and 40s and didn't have much if anything in the way of a degree; otherwise they'd likely be ETL.

I have a bachelor's. I'm getting an MBA. I don't think all of our TLs have degrees though. I know a sr TL at a nearby store is in school getting an AA, so who knows.

I have been receiving tuition reimbursement for over a year now. Let me know specifically what I can help with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back