Archived Tuition Reimbursment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not used it. But it has to do with business classes taken. Ck on ehr or targetpayandbenefits.com

I was told that you have to be a TL or ETL, and be in a field of study that would benefit or relate to Target.

Any fellow TLs know how that works exactly?

From targetpayandbenefits:

You have to be a tl, Sr ap, facilities mgt tm's, pharmacy student or tl, or dc tm/tl to qualify.
Non exempt Tm must work at spot when course begins.
Non exempt Tm must be active with spot & working to get the reimbursement.
Courses must be approved by spot.
Max Amts:
3k for undergrad stuff
4k for grad stuff
5k for masters
Grades must be higher than c minus, too.
Call tmsc 800-394-1885 for more info.
But use ehr or targetpayandbenefits.com, first.
I hope this helps!

I just applied for the first time this semester. You must submit a request for approval to apply for tuition reimbursment. This must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the start of class. Once approved, than you can submit a request for reimbursment of tuiton paid once the class ends and you can provide proof of paid tuition and acceptable grade.

Under the initial request for approval, you need the course description, cost of tuition (no student fees or books), date the course begins/ends, and how this course would benefit you and Target.

This can all be done online, but you could definitely call TMSC for more information.

Hope this helps.

Skullfire....Where online exactly? I'm having problems finding it. What steps did you take?

I applied for the first time for the upcoming semester. All the previous posts are correct the only thing I have to add is the problem I ran into. Target sets the cut off date for the tuition Reimbursment to be applied towards the calendar year of 2011 by mid December. So in my case my classes end December 18, so the cost of my classes for that semester will be applied to 2012. Since I just got promoted to TL I was hoping to use some of the 3,000 in this year but I can't. Boooooooooooo

Higher than a C-? Wow, they aim real low.

My thoughts exactly. I'd have thought it would be more of a B- but, that's just me. I guess if all they require is a C- they must want to get as many people as possible..

Tuition Reimbursement is applied for electronically on the eHR program from a WORK computer ONLY (can NOT be done from home) Full explanation of Tuition Reimbursement is explained on eHR under the Education Assistance section under Perks and Discounts.

yes, if you have never participated in Tuition Reiumbursement, then you can no longer participate in courses ABOVE BA degrees, so doctorate, MBA, etc, are no longer an option for TL, you must be ETL and above to get MBA and doctorate Tuition Reiumbursement. The good news is they will cover Associates of Arts and Bachelor's of Arts degrees for Team Leaders and Employee Class Regular (Bakers, Cake Decorators, and Building Services I believe) You can call the Team Member Service Center to find out the exact information. Basically you must filling out the electronic application online from a work computer to apply to be approved to first take the course, then after the course has been completely you must turn in your grade slip, proof of payment, and Request for TR form within 3 months (90 day) of the last day you attended the class. The 1st step can be done as early as you want, they prefer 2 weeks before the class starts, but it can be done as late as the last day of the class
Any fellow TLs know how that works exactly?

Sorry to bring up an old post, but does anyone know if your store will be contacted if you apply for tuition reimbursement? It was a really hard decision for me to return to school and I don't really feel like sharing it. I figure they'll probably find out, but does anyone know for sure?

Also, this is less relevent, but I hope my leaders don't get to read my "how this will benefit me at target" b/c my responses are going to be complete B.S. haha

I don't believe your store is contacted. I was recently notified that I was approved reimbursment for the courses I applied for. I am almost certain that this is a strictly TMSC affair. So far no one at my store has asked me about those specifically...

From targetpayandbenefits:

You have to be a tl, Sr ap, facilities mgt tm's, pharmacy student or tl, or dc tm/tl to qualify.
Non exempt Tm must work at spot when course begins.
Non exempt Tm must be active with spot & working to get the reimbursement.
Courses must be approved by spot.
Max Amts:
3k for undergrad stuff
4k for grad stuff
5k for masters
Grades must be higher than c minus, too.
Call tmsc 800-394-1885 for more info.
But use ehr or targetpayandbenefits.com, first.
I hope this helps!

Lol, could you un-abbreviate the eligible positions? I'm sure I don't qualify. Just a sales floor team member. But it would be nice. Considering almost all my courses are business courses. =/

Lol, could you un-abbreviate the eligible positions? I'm sure I don't qualify. Just a sales floor team member. But it would be nice. Considering almost all my courses are business courses. =/
You have to be a Team Lead, Senior Assets Protection, Facilities Management Team Member, Pharmacy Student or Team Lead, or Distribution Center Team Member/Team Lead to qualify.

Rock lobster is getting the reimbursement too. Hey rock, your ears on?

Yes I have been using it... you simply send a request in before the class starts with what the class is, how much it costs, and the description from the student handbook, and why it relates to your job! The description part is easy, you just say "Business Communications will teach me to communicate effectively while at work and to tailor my message to my audience." or something along those lines!

After the class is complete you have to mail them in a statement of accounts or whatever your school calls it (an unofficial sheet that shows how much the class cost you and the grade you got) along with an application form from eHR (it looks like an old time off request but you fill in your class info instead)... They process it and put it into your next check...

Bringing up an old post again -- but if the tuition is originally paid with student loans, such as stafford loans that go directly to the school, do those qualify for reimbursement? Or does it have to be strictly paid out of pocket. Maybe a dumb question, but I'd like to know.

Bringing up an old post again -- but if the tuition is originally paid with student loans, such as stafford loans that go directly to the school, do those qualify for reimbursement? Or does it have to be strictly paid out of pocket. Maybe a dumb question, but I'd like to know.

Yes, loans are fine, it just needs to be paid in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back