Archived tv wall questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing a remodel for the tv wall next week and I have tons of questions.

1. Where do I get the screws/spacers that connects the mount and the tv? They use different sizes depending of brand/model so going to home depot to find the right ones will be a pain.

2. Does the sign bar have to be put up first before the tv goes up? I don't think we even have the bars yet.

3. What is a Target trac (believe that's what its called)? It looks like a bar the goes behind the cord cover.

4. Best way to start putting up the tv's? Top row first and move my way down? I'm assuming this require one person on the wave and one on a ladder?

I'm sure I have more questions, but those are the main ones. If you have tips let me know.

Last edited:
Pmt has screws for everything. Read the pog paperwork & early set notes for starters.

This is a completely new tv wall. Going from shelves to tv wall mount. I doubt PMT will have these specific screws laying around. Plus I already asked. He does not have it. I know how to read a POG.

Tv wall is no longer in pmt scope. They may have extra brackets and screws in their office it is on the pog team, sighing tm, and maybe electrics crew to set the wall. My spares are hidden under the first basedeck of the wall. It works for us.

This is a completely new tv wall. Going from shelves to tv wall mount. I doubt PMT will have these specific screws laying around. Plus I already asked. He does not have it. I know how to read a POG.
He needs to buy the screws needed to do the job. Do you know if you have the brackets?

@Hardlinesmaster Sorry, I know your trying to help. But your post don't really answer my questions. To be clear, it's a remodel, not a revision

Go under work bench, remodel signing for the electronics, it will give you the info you need to set the wall. A 3rd party control will the video feed.

Screws are trial and error basically. There arent specific #s for TVs

There is a part on SAP that you can order, order a few though, they come with a variety of screws for TVs.

Order is and MySupport it to try to get it expedited and have your STL or ETL escalate it.

I forgot the exact SAP #, I can get it monday if you want.
Or ask your PMT to go on Pm2Go and Search "tv screws", thats where I found it.

1. My store has had the screws & washers since I started there back in 2011. I’m unsure where they originated from. We just reuse them when a tv cones down.
2. I usually put the sign bars up last. They are flimsy and get in the way if you have to adjust TVs.
3. My store was instructed to rid the tracs behind the TVs when we upgraded to HDMI.
4. I start left to right. One section at a time bottom to top, then move on to the next section.
Be patient, the Wall is tedious. Also the picture Hardlinesmaster posted is my wall from last year or so.

1) There's a set of screws and washers that I think is called "TV Bolt Kit" that's orderable on sap and should come with the stuff you need for any TV.

2) I'd advise putting up all of your TVs first, then doing the sign bars, because if you bump the sign bars they are liable to pop out and hit you or a tv.

3) Not positive, but if I remember correctly it's basically a giant metal power strip.

4) You can either do it left to right or top to bottom, it doesn't matter much. Definitely use the wave for the top row (PMT is still supposed to assist with this), but depending on how strong the person doing it is you'll likely only need a second person with a ladder for the bigger TVs.

This may be obvious, but I suggest plugging the HDMI (in Port 1) and power cables into the TV before putting it on the wall.

The TV Sign bars are deadly, lost a bit of skin and blood off of them.

And the Electrical part should've been set up by the contractors, the store I am at already had the TV wall set up so I didnt see who set it up, but yeah its a metal power strip

1. Where do I get the screws/spacers that connects the mount and the tv? They use different sizes depending of brand/model so going to home depot to find the right ones will be a pain.
If you're starting fresh due to a remodel, you will be sent all of the supplies you need. If you haven't received it, you can mySupport it, order it on SAP, or go to a hardware store.
2. Does the sign bar have to be put up first before the tv goes up? I don't think we even have the bars yet.
Put them up as you go so you have the vertical spacing you need to make it look right. There will be alot of trial & error the first time you set it.
4. Best way to start putting up the tv's? Top row first and move my way down? I'm assuming this require one person on the wave and one on a ladder?
Start at the bottom. If you don't have enough room at the bottom when you start at the top, you're screwed. Also, start at the end of the POG with the largets TVs because once you have the largest TVs in place, you just line the top of each TV up with them. It's easier to horizontally space the TVs than it is to vertically space them. Again, there will trial & error on the initial set, don't get too frustrated.

We've had to go to Lowe's once or twice to get screws.

And btw, screw that tv wall. NO ONE maintains it in between resets. We've had 4 dead tv's on there since before Christmas. But can anyone take them down and replace them? No.

The PMT, who has zero responsibility on helping anymore, had the damn nerve to walkie me while I was in the middle of resetting a shampoo aisle this week to tell me that some of the tv's weren't working. I was as nice as I could be. But under no circumstance other than the STL telling me to am I doing it. Bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back