Archived ugh...another guest told on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of jerky guests. I was on break, with stuff in my hands and looking at sweaters to buy. Had a guest ask me if I could help them. I respond, "I'm sorry, I'm not working right now." Then I immediately asked my coworker right next to me if she could help her. The lady continues to ask me where something is in stationary while my team member goes over to her. I pay for my crap and go back to work. Come to find out, this super guest reports me to AP how I was so rude and wouldn't help her.

My store is so strict on helping guests when we are on break or lunch. I have done a lot of shopping when I can. And a lot of the time I'll still help guests after explain how I cant, but explain where they wanna go in a sly way. Luckily my coworker say the whole thing and spoke up how I wasn't being rude. Lately, it's been cranky guests and it drives me nuts.

If it's something like where's your pet section I'll point it out and be on my way. Anything more I'll tell them sorry I'm off the clock right now. Most will undertstand. Idk if Ive got complaints or not before. Been doing it for awhile and if I did get complaints nobody has spoke to me about it. Some guests will just look for something to complain about.

It's the season for guests to be crazy. I had a team member recently tattle on me because I asked her to do touch ups in ready to wear. I had to zone infants and girls and had just finished row. The next day, she told the remainder LODs. No one has talked to me, but it's annoying when you bust your butt and people get mad.

If I am off the clock, I am a guest like everyone else. However, if someone asks for general directions ie, where Toys are etc, I will point them in the right direction.

I'm so sick of jerky guests. I was on break, with stuff in my hands and looking at sweaters to buy. Had a guest ask me if I could help them. I respond, "I'm sorry, I'm not working right now." Then I immediately asked my coworker right next to me if she could help her. The lady continues to ask me where something is in stationary while my team member goes over to her. I pay for my crap and go back to work. Come to find out, this super guest reports me to AP how I was so rude and wouldn't help her.

My store is so strict on helping guests when we are on break or lunch. I have done a lot of shopping when I can. And a lot of the time I'll still help guests after explain how I cant, but explain where they wanna go in a sly way. Luckily my coworker say the whole thing and spoke up how I wasn't being rude. Lately, it's been cranky guests and it drives me nuts.
Witchcraft! You should have helped that guest as if you were on the clock! Witch I tell you! Witch!!!

Yeah no. I put on a hoodie, and a co-worker can help them. Guests don't care, nor respect cause they have been trained by businesses that they are always right no matter how rude or wrong they are.

It is against policy and usually state law to work on a break or lunch. So stand your ground and don't sweat it.

I didn't mind telling people where something was, it's what I'd do if I was a guest and knew the store, but that's it.
Having them report you is no big thing.
Your boss understands you were off the clock.

Fuck that, you'll get coached on the spot at my store for working off the clock. Walmart was sued very heavily for making tms work on their breaks, my store won't have any of it

I had a lady yell at me week before last because I wouldn't help her find multiple things in market. I pointed out the vinegar to her, but said I'm off the clock so I can't help you, but can find someone else to help. She yelled that I should help her like a human being. :(

You guys should know better not to wear anything red while on the Salesfloor during your break.

And a guest actually have a problem with it, I'll tell them it's store policy and take it up to the corporate. Tell them to go to guest service and ask for the number.

You guys should know better not to wear anything red while on the Salesfloor during your break.

And a guest actually have a problem with it, I'll tell them it's store policy and take it up to the corporate. Tell them to go to guest service and ask for the number.

Doesn't matter what you are wearing, I have been accosted in a full winter coat, purse and keys in my hands. And I won't have it. Leave me alone.

a couple of weeks ago , i was stooped by a customer during my lunch break

"do you work here"
me: yes , but sorry i cant help you i am on my break .

i didn't even finish the sentence and she asked me where the pet section is , i couldn't ignore here and told her where it is as i was walking .

the next day , as i was heading to the register to pay for my lunch, another lady try to ask me something , i kept walking like she doesn't exist . i find it difficult to do that but i don't like to get fired over this ridiculous policy.

Yep...I always keep walking and never make eye contact (or walk through deserted aisles to avoid guests). And I always keep moving as I answer any question they have (either with a generic "that'a way" or letting them know I'm off the clock). If I'm stopped and they ask me, I just tell them I'm off the clock and ignore them or walk away if needed.

Guests don't know what Target's policies are... they just see a TM. If you don't want to help a guest because you are "on break," then don't be out there shopping (in uniform) and take your breaks in the Break Room.

Problem solved!

dance-gif-snoopy-happy-animated-image-49277.gif

I'm there five days a week. Our guests could probably pick me out in a Big Bird costume...either I get used to politely turning guests away or I don't shop at our store.
This.
I'm under a hat & apron yet guests will pick me out when I'm off in non-Target attire.
As to "not shopping in uniform", I'm gonna pick up things before I leave for the day, uniform or not.
Spot doesn't pay me enough to waste gas coming in on a separate trip & my store is the closest one to my home.

I'm there five days a week. Our guests could probably pick me out in a Big Bird costume...either I get used to politely turning guests away or I don't shop at our store.
This.
I'm under a hat & apron yet guests will pick me out when I'm off in non-Target attire.
As to "not shopping in uniform", I'm gonna pick up things before I leave for the day, uniform or not.
Spot doesn't pay me enough to waste gas coming in on a separate trip & my store is the closest one to my home.

i was thinking to wear black pants to avoid customers during breaks.

This.

Go to my locker, get pants, go to bathroom change, drop clothes back off in locker (or take them with me), find my items, wait in line, pay, go to locker to put away stuff and grab my work pants, go to bathroom to change, drop clothes back off in locker...all in 15 minutes or less? No.

This.

Go to my locker, get pants, go to bathroom change, drop clothes back off in locker (or take them with me), find my items, wait in line, pay, go to locker to put away stuff and grab my work pants, go to bathroom to change, drop clothes back off in locker...all in 15 minutes or less? No.

i mean to wear the pants as part of the uniform , officially pants cant be any solid color

This.

i mean to wear the pants as part of the uniform , officially pants cant be any solid color

Officially they can be any solid color. But at my store, they will let new people get away with wearing non-khaki pants once (as in they won't be sent home). But that day, they are told that this is a khaki only store.

Officially they can be any solid color. But at my store, they will let new people get away with wearing non-khaki pants once (as in they won't be sent home). But that day, they are told that this is a khaki only store.

Depends on the state, they can't get away with that in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back