Archived Unemployment Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, for sure. Depending on your state, you are eligible for under-employment if your hours fall under a certain “expected” amount. So if you’ve been hovering around 35 hours the past 6 months and all of a sudden they cut you to 20, that’s where this would be something to look into.

When Target gets a notice that they need to pay a certain amount for your under-employment, your hours will of course shoot right back up, thus making them cancel your “free money”.

If your hours get cut-
Ask if you can come in on your days off
Ask if someone calls out to call you first
Answer the phone if Target calls and come in
Then stay later if asked
Then watch those hours grow when they see the effort you put in
Js 💁‍♀️

If your hours get cut-
Then stay later if asked
Js 💁‍♀️
Yep. This is exactly what I did/ do.
I have three/ four days off? Well, I’ll be sure to mention that to my TL.
Requested off part of the day for something and they gave me the whole day? Tell my TL I’m available after this time if needed.
All short shifts? Same thing. I’ll stay and cover that closing call out or go cover in another department.

Now my GSTL checks my schedule every week pretty much and adds me wherever she can.

In almost all states an employee can file for PARTIAL unemployment due to hours being cut provided they have fufilled the 680 hours worked to qualify for unemployment benefits.

It's odd to know Target workers aren't doing this routinely. I don't know why but I ASSUMED they were until looking at this. It might knock off some of the "budget hiring" nonsense (use it or lose it hiring allocation provided to each store).

Of course if our people DID file en mass, wouldn't surprise me to see some HR decide to enroll in "shared employment".

Last edited:
If your hours get cut-
Then stay later if asked
Js 💁‍♀️
While this is what one seems to HAVE to resort to it doesn't make it right. Every year hours get cut and brand new green people get them. I know Target always says their budget for hours was cut but THAT IS nonsensical in the final account as they add many more employees.

WHY should proven dedicated people be begging to have their hours restored and putting everything else aside to jump and run if the phone tingles?

That's not right. Not IMO.

BTW...

"Employees who quit because their working conditions, hours or salary have changed significantly are often eligible for unemployment."

Human Resource Blog

If your hours get cut-
Then stay later if asked
Js 💁‍♀️
But that's not always an option when payroll is a fucking joke

Must of those are gonna be a no

But that's not always an option when payroll is a fucking joke

Must of those are gonna be a no
I did all that when I was gunning to be kept on after the holidays & it worked.
Later years I hustled for hours so much they called me the 'Flo Ho'; I worked in as many as four different work areas on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back