Archived Unemployment Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, for sure. Depending on your state, you are eligible for under-employment if your hours fall under a certain “expected” amount. So if you’ve been hovering around 35 hours the past 6 months and all of a sudden they cut you to 20, that’s where this would be something to look into.

When Target gets a notice that they need to pay a certain amount for your under-employment, your hours will of course shoot right back up, thus making them cancel your “free money”.
I feel the need to file for partial unemployment my hours have been cut in half. I know a couple of team members that did this last year .... when I said something to my hr lead about it she ( been with target about a year ) she said that’s not possible you have to be unemployed!
Can anyone tell me there experience with this ? Thanks

I feel the need to file for partial unemployment my hours have been cut in half. I know a couple of team members that did this last year .... when I said something to my hr lead about it she ( been with target about a year ) she said that’s not possible you have to be unemployed!
Check with your local unemployment office for details. In my state you can get partial unemployment when your hours are cut. Good Luck!🍀

Just file. Your state will determine if you are eligible and how much you can collect if you're eligible. Your state won't penalize you for filing a claim as long as you are honest in the information that you provide.

If your hours get cut-
Ask if you can come in on your days off
Ask if someone calls out to call you first
Answer the phone if Target calls and come in
Then stay later if asked
Then watch those hours grow when they see the effort you put in
Js 💁‍♀️
Damn, I want to be at your store. Mine has never distributed hours based on merit.

I used to be 40hrs/week for years, then about 7 years ago they cut it down to 32.5... been that way since. This month they've dropped it down to 29 and 28 hours. I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to go thru partial unemployment for 4 hours but money is tight. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't qualify. I've been on partial in the past for a previous job but hours were cut more drastically there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back