Archived Unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since January, my stores hours have been incredibly low. I'm lucky if I get two days a week. No one wants to give up their shifts because everyone's hours are low. I had heard before that if you work less than 10-15 hours a week or something like that, you can qualify for unemployment...does anyone know how that works for Target or if my information is correct or not? Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Since January, my stores hours have been incredibly low. I'm lucky if I get two days a week. No one wants to give up their shifts because everyone's hours are low. I had heard before that if you work less than 10-15 hours a week or something like that, you can qualify for unemployment...does anyone know how that works for Target or if my information is correct or not? Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
It's usually called underemployment. The unemployment office can guide you best for your state. It is common practice at a job I used to work that was contract to contract with varying amounts of people needed. That was in nh though, it may vary by state.

At my state if you work three days ( no matter how many hours) or (I believe) 12 or so hours, you aren't quality for unemployment benefits. That's why Target never schedule me less than three days per week because they know I would apply for unemployment benefits.

A couple questions:

They ask what the reason I'm no longer working is...choices are:
Lack of work:
Quit:
Discharged/Unable to Meet Standards:
Discharged/Fired:
Strike/Lockout:

But since I didn't fully lose the job...would I put lack of work?

And second question...what occupational group would an overnight stocker at Target fall under?
These are the choices:
Management:
Business and Financial:
Computer and Math:
Architecture and Engineering:
Life, Physical, and Social Science:
Community and Social Services:
Legal Occupations:
Education, Training, and Library:
Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media:
Healthcare Practitioners and Technical:

Healthcare Support
Protective Services
Food Preparation and Serving:
Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance:
Personal Care and Service:
Sales:
Office and Administrative Support:
Farming, Fishing, and Forestry:
Construction and Extraction:
Installation, Maintenance, and Repair:
Production:
Transportation and Materiel Movement
Military Specific:

Any help or advice you guys could give will be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to mess up anything or accidentally contradict myself which makes them deny me benefits.

That's what I figured, I had put that and then decided to come here and double check thank you HR you've been very helpful through all this.

or, you could go out and get a second job rather than trying to get what amounts to a handout

or, you could go out and get a second job rather than trying to get what amounts to a handout

First of all pal, you know nothing about my life or what I do. Where I live, it is very expensive and tough. Not that it's any of your business but I did work a second job for a while last summer(2016) while working at target, in fact there was a time I was working 7 days a week for a while. But work at the second job dried up but hours were ok at target so i just worked the one job.

Now I've been working one day a week at Target since january 1st, I thought it was commonplace for the first two months of the year, but once the first schedule in March came out I began looking for a second job and have been unable to find one. Now, almost two months since looking for a second job, things have been very tough so i figured why not try unemployment if I am entitled to it?

Don't assume and don't make stupid remarks when you know nothing about someones life. You'll make more friends and less enemies. Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back