Archived Unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on the appeal process of appealling denied claims or thoughts on why target denies all unemployment claims ?

Why does spot deny all unemployment claims?
Because they can & they figure most former TMs won't fight. The ones that do may prevail depending on the circumstances.
If spot has documentation (& some stores doc to the teeth) for a justified termination (theft, attendance, job abandonment, etc) your chances aren't good. If it's a dubious reason & their documentation is weak, you'd likely prevail.

Why does spot deny all unemployment claims?
Because they can & they figure most former TMs won't fight. The ones that do may prevail depending on the circumstances.
If spot has documentation (& some stores doc to the teeth) for a justified termination (theft, attendance, job abandonment, etc) your chances aren't good. If it's a dubious reason & their documentation is weak, you'd likely prevail.

I think you would be very surprised how many Target actually really fights. Unless there is a significant reason to fight the unemployment, Target really does not even bother. This includes not fighting for job abandonment,attendance, etc. I can only think of one example in the last 5 years of an unemployment claim that my store "fought", and it was due the former tm actually lying to the state about the reason for their unemployment.

As mentioned though, it is tough to decipher the reason that the claim is being disputed without some details. Unless you stole from the company, I would encourage you to follow-up and try to get the unemployment.

Of course, I should also mention that it might differ by state. Some states are tougher for Target to dispute claims in. I would guess Target does not fight in those states as often as it might in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back