Archived Unfair scnerio

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the problem is not really about how you did your job or how long you helped the guest, it's about you loosing your cool when the TL spoke to you about it.

I have had chefs yell at me, call me names, insult my mother, and throw pans at my head.
I have never lost my cool at a boss.

You can stand up for yourself without getting insulting or crossing the line of conduct.
If you find yourself so angry you can't think straight walk away until you can.

They can get upset at you for walking away but they can't write you up for what you didn't say

So the problem is not really about how you did your job or how long you helped the guest, it's about you loosing your cool when the TL spoke to you about it.

I have had chefs yell at me, call me names, insult my mother, and throw pans at my head.

You can stand up for yourself without getting insulting or crossing the line of conduct.

They can get upset at you for walking away but they can't write you up for what you didn't say

I see what you mean, bit my problem is that I feel stuck every night with this lead. It's always something.

The lead said some stuff, and I said some stuff. I ended it by saying I did my fucking job.
On the clock or off the clock? Did the lead say shit back to antagonize you? I would go into hr tomorrow and explain the situation and how you helping guest first because target goal went from task oriented to guest oriented. Explained how you help the guest suggest them to pull the video and when time came to go home at the time clock your team decided it was a good time to say something and you got yourself heated up because you indeed do what target says “ guest first” , and if the team wanted to talk to him why things didn’t get done in a timely manner that he/she should have take the 15 minutes before you clocked out and explained where did you go wrong , for not completing task or for serving guest first?

But he was planning to walk away he was at the time clock ready to clock out. I find that antagonizing . If I have to pull on of my team member in for why things didn’t get done , I would do so before they would clock out . After all it would be seek to understand, and didn’t have to wait until he was clocking out.

On the clock or off the clock? Did the lead say shit back to antagonize you? I would go into hr tomorrow and explain the situation and how you helping guest first because target goal went from task oriented to guest oriented. Explained how you help the guest suggest them to pull the video and when time came to go home at the time clock your team decided it was a good time to say something and you got yourself heated up because you indeed do what target says “ guest first” , and if the team wanted to talk to him why things didn’t get done in a timely manner that he/she should have take the 15 minutes before you clocked out and explained where did you go wrong , for not completing task or for serving guest first?

Yeah, I was clocked out. And I do plan on going to hr

Don’t let that get to you. Make a point to say your team lead approach was not friendly as you were clocked out she shouldn’t say shit to you because you can’t speak about work off the clock . And he/she should get on a conduct for working off the clock by speaking to a team member not on the clock . Any witness? If so name, names and ask hr to speak to them.

Don’t let that get to you. Make a point to say your team lead approach was not friendly as you were clocked out she shouldn’t say shit to you because you can’t speak about work off the clock . And he/she should get on a conduct for working off the clock by speaking to a team member not on the clock . Any witness? If so name, names and ask hr to speak to them.

Yup, there was a witness..... her daughter. Lmfao

The moment that op says they were clocked out to HR their response will be to change their end work time any way will it not?

The moment that op says they were clocked out to HR their response will be to change their end work time any way will it not?
But then it would make it okay that the lead started to talk to him about work while the op was off the clock . So no conduct for the lead if op gets paid for the 15 min. It’s like my Stl calls me to ask something , first thing out of his mouth is I added 15 minutes to your paycheck and then he asked.

If you were clocked out the TL should not have approached you without asking you to clock back in.
Sure you should have kept your cool but this makes it a lot more complicated.

Go to HR.
State your case about being off the clock but make it clear you are sorry for losing your cool.
Also show that you do not intend to act this way again and will deal with her professionally in the future.
Be calm and clear in your presentation.
Don't try to excuse your actions or lay blame on the TL.

However, you want to emphasize that you were not on the clock.
That you would have been happy to speak with her about the job when you working but you needed to leave.
And apologize, (no matter how much you don't want to)

You might be able to get this cleared.

If you were clocked out the TL should not have approached you without asking you to clock back in.
Sure you should have kept your cool but this makes it a lot more complicated.

Go to HR.
State your case about being off the clock but make it clear you are sorry for losing your cool.
Also show that you do not intend to act this way again and will deal with her professionally in the future.
Be calm and clear in your presentation.
Don't try to excuse your actions or lay blame on the TL.

However, you want to emphasize that you were not on the clock.
That you would have been happy to speak with her about the job when you working but you needed to leave.
And apologize, (no matter how much you don't want to)

You might be able to get this cleared.

All this after I put in my 2 weeks. I already have another job, I was just hoping to leave being rehirable, but I guess fuck it.

the fact that I was with a guest from 855, to 1015,
Went from TVs, to nest, to Google homes, to google wifi, to security systems, to wall mounts, to sound bars
1000 plus dollars... but the guest didn't have a big enough car, so she is coming back tomorrow
She didn't buy the stuff. We put it on hold and she is coming back to buy it.
Unfortunately, you DIDN'T make a $1000 sale. From my experience, that guest isn't coming back. All you did was keep a lonely person company for an hour and 20 minutes. Once you saw the guest was taking you all around the department, you should have handed them back to the Electronics Consultant. They should have had the training, it would have been excellent training for them in learning their products and how to sell them, and it is literally their job.

And, as @commiecorvus said, never get into a heated argument with any supervisor. That's a no-win scenario for you.

Good luck in your new job.

An hour and 20 minutes? Why did you not say at some point "Since you are still unsure of what you want even with all the information I've given you, I'll give you some time to think over that information. I'll be over in Toys, come get me when you've made a decision." I've said that to guests in the past. You were babysitting, not selling.

I don’t think these things are related or even in the same ballpark . We don’t have chefs at Target so I don’t see how that’s relevant.
I have been discriminated against by people on this website though.

But he was planning to walk away he was at the time clock ready to clock out. I find that antagonizing . If I have to pull on of my team member in for why things didn’t get done , I would do so before they would clock out . After all it would be seek to understand, and didn’t have to wait until he was clocking out.

This sounds like the correct action, but given that this store still does HOLDS. Has only single HL coverage daily... this store is obviously WAY BEHIND THE TIMES. Seek to understand is probably not in any of those TL's minds, at this point.

For all the gruff that modernization gets, this is a scenario where reason over reaction would have benefited both parties.

Gonna go in today and speak with my stl. I'll be honest about everything that happened, including what I said towards the end, and I'll go from there. This isnt the first time I've butt heads with this team lead, and she is the reason why I'm leaving target. I literally dont argue with any other team lead or etl. She is the only one I have a problem with. She is lazy, out of touch, and doesn't know how to speak to people properly. It's been an issue for years. I'm just sad I didn't leave earlier

I don’t think these things are related or even in the same ballpark . We don’t have chefs at Target so I don’t see how that’s relevant.
I have been discriminated against by people on this website though.

It was an example of not losing your cool when your boss was being an extreme asshole.

You will find that people here react to you largely based on the way you present yourself, decent people are treated decently, snarky people are treated with snark, etc.

Gonna go in today and speak with my stl. I'll be honest about everything that happened, including what I said towards the end, and I'll go from there. This isnt the first time I've butt heads with this team lead, and she is the reason why I'm leaving target. I literally dont argue with any other team lead or etl. She is the only one I have a problem with. She is lazy, out of touch, and doesn't know how to speak to people properly. It's been an issue for years. I'm just sad I didn't leave earlier
We all make mistakes, I am glad you are leaving now for greener pastures.
I hope this new place of employment will tolerate your behavior towards your supervisors just like Target did for YEARS.

It was an example of not losing your cool when your boss was being an extreme asshole.

You will find that people here react to you largely based on the way you present yourself, decent people are treated decently, snarky people are treated with snark, etc.

Funny thing is, I am a snarky and sarcastic person, and the team leads will get like that with me, but in a respectful way. This team lead however, is just plain rude and out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back