Archived Unionize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best piece I have ever seen on how screwed up wealth distribution is and how badly we misjudge the actual gap.
Worth the time I promise.

[video=youtube_share;QPKKQnijnsM]http://youtu.be/QPKKQnijnsM[/video]

3:50 mark and up. And some people believe this is somehow fair, acceptable, ok, etc. Because it's the "magic" of capitalism! Everyone can do it! Yeah...no. Not everyone "knows someone" (because let's face it. what you know won't get you sh*t, it's about "who" you know) or has an 'in' into shady backroom deals. The system is broken. This is the kind of situation that leads to revolution or other general social upheaval. It's not that bad yet, but at the current rate, it's going to get there fast. If it only took 30 or so years for the system to go to hell, imagine the next 30.

We have separation of Church and State. And it's great. A guy in a fancy hat and robe doesn't dictate how the country is run. Now we need separation of Corporation and State. Because the guy with a fancy hat and robe has been swapped out for the guy in a $25,000 suit, gold toilet, diamond-handled sink, and helicopter upstairs; ultimately amounting to the same thing. The day that happens will be my amazing vibe moment for my vibe walk that week.

Let's say the average TM gets 40 hours a week at 10 dollars an hour Works out to be $20,800 per year.

In 2012, his total compensation is $28.62 million. That means he can pay for almost 1,376 full-timers making $10/hr.

And you can bet he has good health insurance.

Let's say the average TM gets 40 hours a week at 10 dollars an hour Works out to be $20,800 per year.

In 2012, his total compensation is $28.62 million. That means he can pay for almost 1,376 full-timers making $10/hr.

And you can bet he has good health insurance.

He also has a huge pension and gets to use the corporate jet for his own private use!
Yes I admit it, I'm jealous of Greg :aggressive:

Sounds like some Pharmacy TM's in Brooklyn have voted to unionize and Target's attempt to invalidate the vote failed. Here's the (unfortunately locked) article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back