Archived Unpaid vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new cashier (started on 9/11) and prior to getting hired, I had already planned going to my home country in the new year for my birthday on January. When they asked me during orientation if I had any vacations planned out, I forgot to tell them. Stupid, I know. My questions are..

1.) When is the right time to tell them? My 90 day ends on December 11 and I plan on going after Christmas.

2.) Is there a possibility that they'd even let me? And what's the most days they can give me? 2-3 weeks max? I really don't care if it's paid or not btw.

Basically my dilemma.

Tell them ASAP.
Depending how they view you, they may believe you when you mention the oversight.
Given that it's busy even AFTER Christmas, they might not approve it.
If you're going to be gone over a certain number of days, you'd need to put in a request for a short-term leave.
Again, the time of year & your status may not help much but ASANTS.

Ask someone at your store to show you how to request time off via eHR. That is how you will request time off. You can only get 10 days off without going on a Leave of Absence. It is unpaid at your stage of employment. Get that put in ASAP.

Sorry but good luck. At my store, I thought I'd be ok taking a LOA after Christmas but was told to put in my two weeks in December since there would be no way I could put in the LOA and get it approved after my 90 days. Btw, I've been at Target for about 75 days. As a result, I'm still going on my overseas trip but have found a job on campus that will allow me to take time off during Christmas and New Years. It may be Target's policy to not allow LOA's during the holiday's(even past Christmas day) for team members under 90 days. :(

Because business is booming even AFTER Christmas (returns, spending gift cards, end-of-season clearance sales), blackout dates usually run nearly to the end of January.
And it's not just TMs under 90 days; it's EVERYBODY.
Even long-timers & leadership aren't exempt from the Q4 black-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back