Archived Unprofessional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have such a love and hate relationship with Target. This past weekend, we let go of our seasonal team members and told those who were staying that they were going to become regular staff. Once I went to go check to see if my name was up for next week’s schedule, I saw my name wasn’t there. I knew it was going to be a possibility. Thing is, I wasn’t told at all, I told my team lead that I knew and I felt that although I was aware, they should’ve still told me. 2 hours after that conversation, the same exact team lead came and pulled me to the side to tell me I would not be staying. I completely understand that they might of forgotten but it’s still unprofessional. I was not the only one this happened to. To make matters worse, yesterday was my last day and the store manager didn’t even know it. Nor did the other leaders. When I got told I was not staying by one of the store leads, he did say that after my last shift to go and grab my payment and sign some papers with our HR person. As I sat there and waiting I had numerous amount of people looking for those items. Nobody found anything. I then got told that my check/documents were lost. The manager tried contacting HR about it but there isn’t anybody on Saturdays. My problem has yet to be solved. I understand that things happen and all that but this is ridiculous. They even said I was the “only one” this happened to. This store continues to go downhill, I hope something can be done. I did enjoy working there,don’t get me wrong, but Target is a big corporation, something like that can have a negative impact. As I type this, I wait for HR to contact me. Hopefully this can get solved soon.

I have such a love and hate relationship with Target. This past weekend, we let go of our seasonal team members and told those who were staying that they were going to become regular staff. Once I went to go check to see if my name was up for next week’s schedule, I saw my name wasn’t there. I knew it was going to be a possibility. Thing is, I wasn’t told at all, I told my team lead that I knew and I felt that although I was aware, they should’ve still told me. 2 hours after that conversation, the same exact team lead came and pulled me to the side to tell me I would not be staying. I completely understand that they might of forgotten but it’s still unprofessional. I was not the only one this happened to. To make matters worse, yesterday was my last day and the store manager didn’t even know it. Nor did the other leaders. When I got told I was not staying by one of the store leads, he did say that after my last shift to go and grab my payment and sign some papers with our HR person. As I sat there and waiting I had numerous amount of people looking for those items. Nobody found anything. I then got told that my check/documents were lost. The manager tried contacting HR about it but there isn’t anybody on Saturdays. My problem has yet to be solved. I understand that things happen and all that but this is ridiculous. They even said I was the “only one” this happened to. This store continues to go downhill, I hope something can be done. I did enjoy working there,don’t get me wrong, but Target is a big corporation, something like that can have a negative impact. As I type this, I wait for HR to contact me. Hopefully this can get solved soon.

You were seasonal....aka temporary job placement. Yeah it sucks your store didn't tell you but did you once ever mention you wanted to stay? Did you ever ask questions as when they would make their decision? Were you expecting a rose ceremony??? Sounds like you just waited until it was an issue.

You were seasonal....aka temporary job placement. Yeah it sucks your store didn't tell you but did you once ever mention you wanted to stay? Did you ever ask questions as when they would make their decision? Were you expecting a rose ceremony??? Sounds like you just waited until it was an issue.
Yes I mentioned it, yes I asked questions, no I did not expect a rose ceremony. Didn’t wait for it to be an issue, as far as I can see, I told them ahead of time. Told em since before Christmas. And like it says in my post, I KNEW seasonal was temporary. Very well aware of it actually. Legit the only problem was them with my money. You don’t just “lose” a check If it’s protected in a pin safe

Yes I mentioned it, yes I asked questions, no I did not expect a rose ceremony. Didn’t wait for it to be an issue, as far as I can see, I told them ahead of time. Told em since before Christmas. And like it says in my post, I KNEW seasonal was temporary. Very well aware of it actually. Legit the only problem was them with my money. You don’t just “lose” a check If it’s protected in a pin safe

If your talking about something other than you paycheck that you get every 2 weeks, It will be mailed to you or they should have "cashed you outside"

If your talking about something other than you paycheck that you get every 2 weeks, It will be mailed to you or they should have "cashed you outside"
According to coworkers who went through it already, it’s the payment, an agreement and if requested, a paper saying the last day of employment for agencies who may require a document with those statements. We all got told to do it once we punch out of our last shift.

@NKG Above and beyond the missing paycheck, which is a serious issue and the OP shouldn't have to wait several days for it to be fixed, it should have been fixed immediately, I think the OP was bothered by no one telling them they weren't being kept until after the schedule was posted. It does really suck that no one bothers to tell you your status and employment end procedures and leaves it for you to find out by looking at the schedule.

@NKG Above and beyond the missing paycheck, which is a serious issue and the OP shouldn't have to wait several days for it to be fixed, it should have been fixed immediately, I think the OP was bothered by no one telling them they weren't being kept until after the schedule was posted. It does really suck that no one bothers to tell you your status and employment end procedures and leaves it for you to find out by looking at the schedule.

Exactly of also how some stores dangle that temp to perm to get the most out of people and then to not bother to tell them they are staying or going is beyond unprofessional its cruel..

Exactly! I didn’t care to much cuz I was aware but to those who didn’t know and weren’t told and only found out as they attempted to punch in was a sad thing to see.

Professionalism seems to be in short supply with Spot leadership under Modernization, since the departing ETLs and TLs apparently took it with them when they left. There is no excuse for the lack of professionalism and concern for the team that seems to be pervasive at this point. Just because leadership seems to view TMs, particularly seasonal ones, as totally expendable and replaceable doesn’t give them license to treat people as throwaways when they don’t need them anymore. Is it really so difficult to do the absolute minimum and tell people that they are being let go instead of leaving them hanging? Op, sorry you were treated so badly. Target used to be Fast, Fun and Friendly, and it was a good place to work. Under Modernization, not so much...🙄

This is to all seasonal tm's not just the OP-

If you are sat down and told you are being kept on- Great. Good luck.

If you're sat down and told you aren't. At least you know and can plan on it. Re-apply in the spring if your interested in still working for Target. Use Target lingo and your experience in the interview.

Now those that found out you weren't kept until the schedule was posted. Sorry that no one sat you down and told you. It's not required as a temporary job. Just collect your money and go home.

Now as for the OP- Maybe the person who was in charge of your paperwork or payment was gone for the day. Maybe they just forgot. Maybe they are lazy. Idk. Make phone calls and stay professional. Sitting here on this site complaining isn't going to fix the situation or bring your job back. Move on.

Now those that found out you weren't kept until the schedule was posted. Sorry that no one sat you down and told you. It's not required as a temporary job. Just collect your money and go home.

I disagree. Spot wants a 2 week notice...you know, due to needs of business. People need 2 weeks notice...due to bills gotta be paid.

Target should extend the same professional courtesy it expects.

We're human beings, not supplies. Spot treats it's TMs like we're disposable at times.
I can see why OP wasn't happy.

TM does NC/NS.
Spot has a cow.

TM doesn’t give two weeks notice.
Spot has a stroke.

Seasonals are upset that Spot fails to let them know that they have been termed.
Spot shrugs their shoulders and grab another kool-aid.🙄

Golden Rule, Spot...

TM does NC/NS.
Spot has a cow.

TM doesn’t give two weeks notice.
Spot has a stroke.

Seasonals are upset that Spot fails to let them know that they have been termed.
Spot shrugs their shoulders and grab another kool-aid.🙄

Golden Rule, Spot...

What sucks is Corporate has guidelines the store is supposed to follow. We had one TL not talk to their seasonals on time. That TL got in trouble.

Sucks your store ignored them OP. And sucks even more your HR wasn’t prepared to pay you out.

This is to all seasonal tm's not just the OP-

If you are sat down and told you are being kept on- Great. Good luck.

If you're sat down and told you aren't. At least you know and can plan on it. Re-apply in the spring if your interested in still working for Target. Use Target lingo and your experience in the interview.

Now as for the OP- Maybe the person who was in charge of your paperwork or payment was gone for the day. Maybe they just forgot. Maybe they are lazy. Idk. Make phone calls and stay professional. Sitting here on this site complaining isn't going to fix the situation or bring your job back. Move on.
So true! I wish this posting could be on new seasonal thread:)

My HR team is not very informed or efficient. Nice people, though. Lol

Sorry u had that experience. HR should have had smoother process.

Back in the good ole days I was handed a letter, by my tl, which was a job offer.

Our TL's used to stress and kill themselves to make sure that all the seasonal people knew where they stood.. The bad ones hoping they left early and the good ones so they would come back even if we could not keep them. To make sure they could move on and find another gig as quickly as possible..

Now HR just doesn't seem to give a shit.. But then most of the seasonals just ghost the fuck out.. They know our HR isn't worth talking to.

They don’t tell anyone at my store if they are getting kept or not, just “oh today must be your last day” or whatever. I agree it’s unprofessional, especially if you have to search for a new job to keep bills paid or food on the table. At my store, people would ask “I need to know so I can make arrangements, am I getting kept or not?” and leaders in my building would tell them “we’ll let you know, please don’t keep asking” and then never tell them. So yeah, it sucks because you did know you were seasonal so you should probably prepare for the worst, but at my store they needed people so badly this season that they would tell them “a lot of people get kept on, this could be a permanent job for you if you work hard enough!” during the hiring process. Just kind of sucks too because they didn’t really tell me who was getting kept from my team so I could say thank you to everyone before I never see them again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back