Unrealistic Expectations

This is correct, repacks are supposed to be filled differently now. I’ll believe it when I see it but yes this is official.
I've seen some changes, but it's not the way I was told the email said. One repack will still have product for different valleys, even though the number circled on it is different. And all the repacks received with that number circled - 21 or 22? - have product for those same multiple valleys. The only one that seems to be consistently for one valley is oral care, the new 20 I think.
What really cracks me up is how many repacks I'll see come down the line with "4" circled, but there's nothing for kitchen or pets in it. Or how many have no number at all circled. This is why we slice open all the repacks, never trusting what the label says before we put it on a u-boat or flatbed.
So yeah, seeing is believing.

I've seen some changes, but it's not the way I was told the email said. One repack will still have product for different valleys, even though the number circled on it is different. And all the repacks received with that number circled - 21 or 22? - have product for those same multiple valleys. The only one that seems to be consistently for one valley is oral care, the new 20 I think.
What really cracks me up is how many repacks I'll see come down the line with "4" circled, but there's nothing for kitchen or pets in it. Or how many have no number at all circled. This is why we slice open all the repacks, never trusting what the label says before we put it on a u-boat or flatbed.
So yeah, seeing is believing.
My ETL printed a copy of the email and let me look over it, then asked me if I'd seen any improvements. The oral care, like you mentioned, seems to be the only one that actually comes in its own boxes at this time. Although there was one box today that was solely vitamins. Everything else today was still strewn about among wrong numbers... deodorant mixed in boxes with everything else, for example.

Numbers are always an issue. One of the TMs on the line told me there were more numbers for my boxes (this was before we were informed about any of this so we didn't know why at that point) and I just rolled my eyes and said they couldn't even get the ones already in place correct.

But I like how they've decided to sort them on paper. ETL and I still agreed we'll believe it when we see it.

The longer I work at Target, the more I realize that the leadership only see me as an expendable pawn.

I’m just a body there to do the physical labor of taking care of a department. They just want results.

As far as unrealistic expectations go, they’ll be expected of me when I’m there. But it gets hard to care enough about my job when I know the leadership only cares about the results.

Edit : I kinda went on a mini rant, sorry.

The longer I work at Target, the more I realize that the leadership only see me as an expendable pawn.

I’m just a body there to do the physical labor of taking care of a department. They just want results.

As far as unrealistic expectations go, they’ll be expected of me when I’m there. But it gets hard to care enough about my job when I know the leadership only cares about the results.

Edit : I kinda went on a mini rant, sorry.

And all this time I thought they were paying me to dream big dreams and be my lovable, unique self.

Target sets the bar high. If you start getting coached for not competing such a ridiculous amount of merchandise in such little time, you need to speak up. That is abuse IMO. I doubt the leader who set the goal could do that themselves but trust me, they will have no problem ruining your job if you cant!

Do electronics repacks, we have to sort & secure multi items.

Do you also have to check them in?

At the two stores I worked at, in addition to spiderwraps and maintaining security various ways, we had the electronics flow TM verify that all of the merchandise came in the exact repack it said it did and if it wasn't there they had to send up mysupports.

LMAO... the push times in Electronics & Entertainment didn't account for any of this.... and were completely outrageously unrealistic as a result..

Still don't know how you have "ownership" over an area when you don't get scheduled period, or get scheduled things like cashier. It's also completely useless to have someone like me (who's fairly efficient, even in this time where we have no one scheduled) to be forced to work the front end when my skills are clearly better used in hardlines.

It's spring break on the new schedule (I'm in a college town) and there are NO shifts on Kronos. That's how bad it's become.

Target sets the bar high. If you start getting coached for not competing such a ridiculous amount of merchandise in such little time, you need to speak up. That is abuse IMO. I doubt the leader who set the goal could do that themselves but trust me, they will have no problem ruining your job if you cant!
I don’t set goals for or ask things of my team that I couldn’t do myself in the same time or capacity. Will it be hell sometimes? Yeah. Just because I sweated my ass off doing it and went straight to bed after getting off of work, getting it done is getting it done. I give this place everything I’ve got daily, forgive me for occasionally asking the same 😝

Still don't know how you have "ownership" over an area when you don't get scheduled period, or get scheduled things like cashier. It's also completely useless to have someone like me (who's fairly efficient, even in this time where we have no one scheduled) to be forced to work the front end when my skills are clearly better used in hardlines.

It's spring break on the new schedule (I'm in a college town) and there are NO shifts on Kronos. That's how bad it's become.

I'd forgotten it was Spring Break. I'm also in a college town. My store is going to be f*cked with this scheduling...

I'd forgotten it was Spring Break. I'm also in a college town. My store is going to be f*cked with this scheduling...

They're just not scheduling anyone. We were told to not take it off, but TMs today were saying how they somehow got the whole week off without requesting it. I was hoping to get 30 hours since there are no classes, but I have 15. I tried picking up a service desk shift, but I bet I will be denied again, and I refuse to pick up softlines (because if I do, something might actually get done, and then I'll never escape softlines again).

I have never seen it like this. I was always able to pick up shifts during previous breaks. Maybe more will pop up this week, but I'd also like to make plans to go home, too. Sigh.

Just nod your head and give the thumbs up. If you don't finish it in the time they asked, then tough. Every job gives unrealistic expectations. It's just work culture. Don't feel bad if you don't finish either, if you have a good ETL, they will know if you aren't finishing because the task is too big or because you are just lazy.

I'm lucky that our TLs know how crappy all of this is. Most of our ETLs aren't shoving this down our throats (yet). They know there aren't hours.

Don't get me wrong, I like Target, and I am grateful I was able to come back. But I am going to be grateful when it's time for me to leave (hoping for August).

We have two, one for beauty backstock and one for their push. It'd be too small to work with repacks for things like HBA if you tried to use it to break the repacks out by aisle like we used to do in shopping carts. We end up doing it on a u-boat with wacos zip tied to it that are labeled by aisle. It's a lot faster than the way they want us to do repacks, but it's definitely not "brand" when you see it on the salesfloor. Not that much you see on the salesfloor is brand anymore...
We used shopping carts before Modernization and it worked great. Then we also did wacos on a upboat until the DTL told us it was inefficient per corporate. So not allowed to sort anything. I wish these corporate idiots would come into the store and actually spend some time working the repacks. They would quickly find out taking a little time upfront sorting saves a lot of time in the end. But then they would have to admit they were wrong and we all know that isn't happening.

Any of your stores been successful with this at least a little? If so, any tips? I just don’t see how I can make my team do all of these steps in a 5 hour shift on top of covering breaks, taking their own breaks, answering backup calls, guest servicing, going out to get carts, etc. I want them to be successful but I don’t want them to feel drained either

Currently, we don't answer backup calls, nor do we get carts (we've a lot of elderly/middle-aged people in this store), if they tried to make us get carts I think there'd be a riot. ASANTS though

Currently, we don't answer backup calls, nor do we get carts (we've a lot of elderly/middle-aged people in this store), if they tried to make us get carts I think there'd be a riot. ASANTS though
We got to the point where we had to force our Brand Attendant to get carts, but that's a tough job for one person on a Saturday afternoon.

How stacked were these u-boats? I can usually work any one of my TMs u-boats in about 6 minutes. Is the sort being done properly?
In what world can you do a uboat in 6 minutes? If this were true Target would literally just have you push the entire truck.

Back