Unrealistic Expectations

Again you should partner with someone have to them protected if you think that's an issue, just having it bounce back from softlines tm to softlines tm with nothing being done is the issue. Ignoring doesnt do anything

If you think something should be done but not a single person in two departments that you've spoken with agree, then maybe you are in the wrong. That's where I'm at, I'm the only one who thinks that $50-100 shouldn't be left in the open, no one else agrees, so the chances of me being right and everyone else being wrong is pretty teeny. That's why I've dropped it. There's no uniformity, there's no "$X is automatically protected", some things are and some things aren't. It's annoying though, and I could have saved myself a lot of time and a few gray hairs if there was something out there that said "everything" or "nothing".

The lack of uniformity can be irritating though. Right now in our men's department there are at least 5 watches that I would think should be secured as they range from $50-$100. But they aren't. When I try to get one that I see in that price range secured, no one knows anything about a case that I saw a couple times it would fit in. When a few minutes search turns up nothing GS says to leave it with them and they'll handle it, but it's back unsecured in the next reshop cart. When I ask another softlines person to get a $100 watch secured, I see it in the sorted reshop cart with the men's wallets and $20 watches, unsecured. I gave up; being the lone voice makes it clear that I'm actually the one in the wrong when it comes to the procedure. Those $99.99 watches are just sitting on the shelf next to the $20 watches with nothing extra to keep them from walking out.
They were made in the same factory, same sweat shop labor, except Target just ups the price. It's not a fancy watch, just a bizzare price. I would never spend $100 at Target for a watch.

If you think something should be done but not a single person in two departments that you've spoken with agree, then maybe you are in the wrong. That's where I'm at, I'm the only one who thinks that $50-100 shouldn't be left in the open, no one else agrees, so the chances of me being right and everyone else being wrong is pretty teeny. That's why I've dropped it. There's no uniformity, there's no "$X is automatically protected", some things are and some things aren't. It's annoying though, and I could have saved myself a lot of time and a few gray hairs if there was something out there that said "everything" or "nothing".

I was always told that everything over $50 is spider-wrapped...period. But the thing is, we simply don't have enough spiderwrap to accomplish this. So I think what happens is it's mostly electronics...sometimes coffee makers & smaller things like that

The pop socket things keep getting put in videogame cases, though, the one you need a "key" to unlock. Apparently, people keep stealing them

I was always told that everything over $50 is spider-wrapped...period. But the thing is, we simply don't have enough spiderwrap to accomplish this. So I think what happens is it's mostly electronics...sometimes coffee makers & smaller things like that

The pop socket things keep getting put in videogame cases, though, the one you need a "key" to unlock. Apparently, people keep stealing them
That’s because that’s mostly not true. Your store should be defining high theft areas and marking them with bullseye stickers to determine what needs to be spider wrapped and what doesn’t. For example, toothbrushes are only spider wrapped at $149.99+ at our store, vacuum cleaners about the same price point too. Electronics generally has a price point of $50 which might be where you got that, but it does generally change depending on the aisle.

You can partner with your TPS to get more info since they are theoretically supposed to be in charge of merchandise protection.

I am a NextGen store, the future of what Target is gonna look like.

My entertainment Recent Release POG was a near 100% change.

In what fucking world is the "electronics expert" or whatever going to have time to do that with the rest of their tasks? Thank god my store hasn't fully-modernized yet.

I am a NextGen store, the future of what Target is gonna look like.

My entertainment Recent Release POG was a near 100% change.

In what fucking world is the "electronics expert" or whatever going to have time to do that with the rest of their tasks? Thank god my store hasn't fully-modernized yet.

It was a revision right?

My store recently remodeled. Recently being it dragged on until September when they turned it over as “finished,” but still had to fix stuff and whatnot. Anyways come this week we have to rebuild half the stationary corner with taller gondolas. And yeah that recent release revision this week is thicc.

My store recently remodeled. Recently being it dragged on until September when they turned it over as “finished,” but still had to fix stuff and whatnot. Anyways come this week we have to rebuild half the stationary corner with taller gondolas. And yeah that recent release revision this week is thicc.

Ah you were a stationery corner go-back store. That's unfortunate.

Here pick and pack 200 SFS while picking over 200 total for the day OPU and being given three uboats to push.. In what fucking world ETL LOG? Your and the STL's scheduling idiocy got us shut off yet again. Two call outs and a NCNS on a Saturday and another NCNS on Sunday got us shut off yet again.. And the STL thought it was better use of SFS/OPU TM's time to make bales, push freight rather than pick orders.

Holy fucking baby jesus..

Not sure exactly. My store never actually got cut off, but the threat was always there.

So, if it gets shut off, is it permanent? Or how can the store work to get it turned back on? My guess is our INF is fairly high-20-30% on average, I think. The sales floor is generally a mess and the back room is worse, so finding things can sometimes be a challenge.

So, if it gets shut off, is it permanent? Or how can the store work to get it turned back on? My guess is our INF is fairly high-20-30% on average, I think. The sales floor is generally a mess and the back room is worse, so finding things can sometimes be a challenge.
I thought I’d read on here of stores being shut off for 15% 🤔

Ours wasn't INF, it was orders not picked on time. Like shit left from Saturday that I just packed this morning. Seriously!! Stuff I picked on Saturday was still sitting there waiting to go out.
Reminds me of when I ordered something that said two days and it took two weeks to get here, I saw when they created the label in the beginning and it came from a city two hours away. I could have drove there and back and gotten it myself.

Reminds me of when I ordered something that said two days and it took two weeks to get here, I saw when they created the label in the beginning and it came from a city two hours away. I could have drove there and back and gotten it myself.

Orders not packed for so long the order dropped back in the system. Ship to store sits for days at a time cause the STL doesn't care about it, not on his metrics so no reason to do it. His words. Even though that drives traffic.. When our ETL is there she will get us help and replace call outs, if not, we get left to rot..

Hotline has been called now, so done with this.

Wow, that's just incredible. Good thing you didn't need it this second...
Anything that I need fast I won’t order from Target. I found out in 4th quarter that two day shipping is a gamble. Might arrive in two days, or a week, or whenever, and who knows what shape it will be in when it gets here. If I don’t need it right away or in perfect condition Spot gets the order, but if I’m depending on it being here fast and pristine, Hello Amazon...

I really feel for my softlines TMs. They've all had their shifts reduced to 5 hours, 5.5 max on the latest two schedules. They've been told they should be able to get the same amount of stuff done in that time that they used to get a full shift to do because they are experts. They are not pleased and I don't blame them. It's bullshit. I straight up told our SLTL that if her people aren't coming in to work their zones and do their push until 11am-1pm (even on truck days!!!), then our INF% for her side of the store is going up. My RFID gun is great, but it's not perfect and lots of new softlines merch is coming in as non-RFID enabled for some asinine reason. We need the TMs in the store doing their thing so that flex can find shit or at least have people to ask when we need help. The saddest thing was the SLTL responded by saying, "I know. There's nothing I can do. This is the way it has to be now. Let me know if any brands give you lots of problems so I can keep an eye on them."

*sigh*

Back