Archived Unwritten Rules of the flow team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than put myself in this subject, I'll ask the question instead:

What are the unwritten social rules of your flow team?

OMG!!! EXCELLENT thread! Having worked many years on the flow team I totally understand what you are saying! #1 - Do NOT work in MY aisle.

Pick your own damn trash! I do not pick up after my kids and I certainly not going to do it for "adults" !

jb08045Don't FIFO, just work
DYdnUo7.jpg

Work slow so you're sure to get hours. No one is going to coach you on speed anyway and you'll get to leave after three hours on Saturday because you stayed over everyday.

Oh, did we want positive things? If you can't work and talk, then stop talking.

Clean up after yourselves and if you drop merchandise and break it, pick it up and take it to the appropriate place so it can be defected out. Also, clean up your messes that you make. Dropping and breaking merchandise is a daily ritual by the flow team at my store. They just leave it on the ground by the line. It's pathetic. It shows laziness and complete disrespectful for other team members. If you can't clean up messes that you make, go be a cashier or leave Target.

Make sure to skip all second locations and flex(overstock) what you do stock. Backstock the next case cause you just flexed over its location. Leave it for In-Stocks to fix.

Don't pull rain checks down off peg hooks, just stock over them. In-Stocks will fix it.

Leave items that should have been spiderwrapped on the floor, don't worry salesfloor or In-stocks will fix it.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Don't pull rain checks down off peg hooks, just stock over them. In-Stocks will fix it.

We always leave rain check pads in place in case we run out of the item again (because we almost always do). We wait until Saturday night to remove them during ad takedown.

Leave items that should have been spiderwrapped on the floor, don't worry salesfloor or In-stocks will fix it.

You should let AP know about this issue. Then your ETL-AP/APTL/APL can have a little chat with your ETL-Log.

When bringing up things to guest service to defect, or just random strays, do one of three things, depending on the situation:

1) If the guest service person is with a guest, stand next to the guest and talk over the conversation. Bonus points if you get there before the guest and refuse to move so the guest service person can help the guest.

2) If the guest service person has their back turned, drop the stuff and run with no explanation why you have dropped it off, so the guest service person turns around (or comes out of one spot) to mysterious items sitting on the desk. This is more fun if something is leaking and you don't tell them, or don't bag it...or both.

3) If the guest service person is there and available, ignore where he/she asks you to put the stuff and put it somewhere completely different. It's even more enjoyable to drop things on all three areas, leaving no clean space to help guests.

When going on break, talk extremely loudly, in your native tongue, so only the two or three other people you are speaking with will understand you, but ensuring that no one else in the break room will be able to talk to anyone else, hear themselves think, or even hear the television while sitting right underneath it.

When going on break, talk extremely loudly, in your native tongue, so only the two or three other people you are speaking with will understand you, but ensuring that no one else in the break room will be able to talk to anyone else, hear themselves think, or even hear the television while sitting right underneath it.

I've had this happen. We have three latino TMs who do that. Something tells me if I knew what they were talking about I wouldn't like it.

We used to have a TM who did that on the phone. It annoyed the hell out of us, but she was always very nice to us so nobody wanted to say anything to her about it.

its early i dont want to hear about you abuse boyfriend and your drunken nights. please just stfu and do you job. oh and ill break your hand if you take my pda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back