Vacation not accepted but unpaid was?

Two weeks ago I decided to use some of my vacation hours. I applied for the same way I've always done it at the store, by applying for the unpaid time off and then paid time off. I was approved for the week off and assumed the vacation was as well but now checking my payslip I only have pay for one week, the week after I returned. Is there anyway to rectify this? I can survive off of it but I do feel slightly cheated when every other time the process worked. And can I start using vacation for the days I'm already scheduled off when hours are low as they are now?

Yes, you can use vacation time on weeks when hours are low, but only up to your average hours. You can see your average hours when you request to use the vacation time.

Thanks I'm going to ask on the next opportunity and see what HR says. I've had other team members say they approve the unpaid and then the vacation after the week is over. Is this a normal thing?

Thanks I'm going to ask on the next opportunity and see what HR says. I've had other team members say they approve the unpaid and then the vacation after the week is over. Is this a normal thing?
Yes, that's normal. I don't even put in for the vacation until the following week.

Back