Archived Vacation pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am new here and have been working at a DC since last fall. Can you help me out with vacation accrual and pay? My pay stub says I have about 51 hours of vacation/personal time when combined. I am supposed to get 108 hours this year, or 3 weeks. Great. But I was approved for 72 hours in April and another 60 in May, a total of 132 hours. I won't have that many hours available yet, and it is over my allotted 3 weeks for the year. How does this work? Thanks!

The majority of answers you’ll find on here are going to apply to stores and not necessarily DCs, so keep that in mind when getting info.
As far as DCs go:
They’ll approve you for whatever you put in as long as the calendar isn’t full for that day. It’s your job to make sure you have the vacation to cover it, and you can’t use what you haven’t accrued.
You could talk to your OM about getting it as “not scheduled”, but that doesn’t really go over well most of the time.
Depending on the circumstances you could talk to HR about taking a leave for the 2 weeks in April. There’s no way for you to have 72hrs by then anyway. Keep in mind you won’t accrue vacation for any unpaid days which may mean you won’t have enough to cover your 60hrs in May either.

Because you’ll need it, these are the vacation accrual rates (based on working a standard work week)

Vacation (2 weeks/yr)
B-keys 1.54hrs/wk
A-keys 1.38hrs/wk

Personal Holiday (3/yr)
B-keys 0.77hrs/wk
A-keys 0.69hrs/wk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back