Vacation

I have a question regarding vacation time. When you are with the company six plus years you fall into the category of being allowed two weeks vacation. I understand that it is based on average hours. you are permitted to accrue an additional 50 percent for a total of 1.5 weeks. Are you permitted to use all your vacation time in that year if it exceeds two weeks?

I had more than two weeks vacation accrued. I took time in August. The balance that I had allowed me to take another week at the end of October for the pay period that we get paid for tomorrow. I was not paid for my vacation. The request for paid time was in the system and approved. After looking at my upcoming stub and realizing I wasn't getting paid, I checked the request. The hours were not in the request. The request said zero hours. It is not possible to submit a request for paid time off with zero hours, I tried yesterday, so I know it wasn't a mistake on my end.

I believe that leaves three posabilities:

1) There was some kind of system glitch.
2) Even though you have accrued vacation over your allowance, you are not permitted to use it.
3) somebody willfully and intentioanlly edited that request down to zero.

Likely just an oversight! You’re allowed to use whatever time off your took. Since the time was already taken there’s no reason they wouldn’t approve your paid vacation time.
Also ask them to do a historical edit and choose the option for off cycle pay out so you don’t have to wait until next paycheck

I have a question regarding vacation time. When you are with the company six plus years you fall into the category of being allowed two weeks vacation. I understand that it is based on average hours. you are permitted to accrue an additional 50 percent for a total of 1.5 weeks. Are you permitted to use all your vacation time in that year if it exceeds two weeks?

I had more than two weeks vacation accrued. I took time in August. The balance that I had allowed me to take another week at the end of October for the pay period that we get paid for tomorrow. I was not paid for my vacation. The request for paid time was in the system and approved. After looking at my upcoming stub and realizing I wasn't getting paid, I checked the request. The hours were not in the request. The request said zero hours. It is not possible to submit a request for paid time off with zero hours, I tried yesterday, so I know it wasn't a mistake on my end.

I believe that leaves three posabilities:

1) There was some kind of system glitch.
2) Even though you have accrued vacation over your allowance, you are not permitted to use it.
3) somebody willfully and intentioanlly edited that request down to zero.
Ask your hr person to look into it

Back