COVID-19 Vaccine

Try their stir fry mix, very nice. The blueberry and corn muffins are great too but loaded with sugar. Half a muffin is ok, gotta maintain that youthful boyish figure. No sweat with the A 1 C level or standing glucose, it just goes to the belly, the former beer belly.

Uh huh, sure. "We aren't talking about other illnesses because our lifestyle is magic bullet immunity. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain."

Meanwhile people are going to die from diseases too old school to be worth news headlines and too mundane for additional research dollars, all the while the headlines will say there are no mundane disease infections. And people will buy it hook, line and sinker, since COVID is the only bad disease anyone is talking about.

5 years from now, when someone looks back at the flu rate it'll be normal and they'll wonder how it was ignored.

I wear my mask to protect YOU, not me.
That’s quite interesting So you wouldn’t give a shit about protecting yourself ? I call bs on this . I hate when people say I’m gonna get a vaccine to protect “ you” . No you do it for yourself and your belief and your own research . But that doesn’t mean I should have to get it because you think I should protect you instead of myself . I’m wearing a mask because I’m required. Whoever wants to get vaccinated go for it and Gods speed , but don’t judge someone else for their choice .I suppose that now you gonna say that you are the solution ( vaccine) and I’m the problem . Well hell I don’t mind being the problem as long as I live in a FREE COUNTRY.

BSmith you're an intelligent young guy, congratulations keep up the good work. The above post is flying off course thus no comment other than it is very convoluted.

BSmith you're an intelligent young guy, congratulations keep up the good work. The above post is flying off course thus no comment other than it is very convoluted.
Not flying off course . But I’ve heard people saying they are wearing the mask to protect me , let’s be honest they wear it to protect themselves first, just as they do with the vaccine . So I find that statement very hypocritical . That’s all

The "well hell....yada yada part is the pathetic component of the post. Obviously one gets the vaccine for themselves, we all know that. Unnecessary to be argumentative and confrontational with comments like that, they will never change. Why waste the time.

And from what I’ve heard even if you get the vaccine you can still carry and spread it to others so there isn’t a reason for any of us to get it.
Wait what? If anything this is why as many people should get it as possible! Sure you might be able to still carry it with the vaccine, but you won’t get severely sick. And if you spread it to others that are vaccinated, their antibodies from the vaccine will stop them from getting severely sick too. Carrying Covid ≠ getting sick.

That’s quite interesting So you wouldn’t give a shit about protecting yourself ? I call bs on this . I hate when people say I’m gonna get a vaccine to protect “ you” . No you do it for yourself and your belief and your own research . But that doesn’t mean I should have to get it because you think I should protect you instead of myself . I’m wearing a mask because I’m required. Whoever wants to get vaccinated go for it and Gods speed , but don’t judge someone else for their choice .I suppose that now you gonna say that you are the solution ( vaccine) and I’m the problem . Well hell I don’t mind being the problem as long as I live in a FREE COUNTRY.
You can call bs if you want, but I wonder if you've spent time in another culture whose sense of social responsibility in this area is superior to ours. Korea, for instance. I lived there for a short time and that's where I was introduced to the concept of sick people wearing masks as a general social rule. I was very impressed, the experience changed my point of view. I was ignorant of this.

THIS experience, here and today, SHOULD have changed your point of view. It's the thing you missed that you shouldn't have missed. A mask helps the wearer somewhat, but it helps the people around you more, particularly when we wear cloth masks. You should have picked up on the idea that the greater the discipline we all have, the more we reinforce each other's safety, and it's an exponential benefit as we approach a "herd" level of protection, same principle as immunity. Fewer chances for the host to pass the virus.

I feel sorry for you. You should be thinking more strongly, more empathetically, and be more open to understanding that you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about. I'm a nice guy but I'll tell you this one straight.

feel sorry for you. You should be thinking more strongly, more empathetically, and be more open to understanding that you're wrong and don't know what you're talking about. I'm a nice guy but I'll tell you this one straight.
How nice of you to feel sorry for me . Your short time in Korea doesn’t compare my years of born and lived in a third world country. I have lived thru the worst nuclear disaster in history and seen a lot in my time. So no I didn’t miss anything , but a virus doesn’t scare me with everything that I already lived . But thank you for your compassion thinking that I was born and raised in USA . What I meant with “ I live in a free country” was because you don’t know what free will is until is taken from you .

Last edited:
How nice of you to feel sorry for me . Your short time in Korea doesn’t compare my years of born and lived in a third world country. I have lived thru the worst nuclear disaster in history and seen a lot in my time. So no I didn’t miss anything , but a virus doesn’t scare me with everything that I already lived . But thank you for your compassion thinking that I was born and raised in USA . What I meant with “ I live in a free country” was because you don’t know what free will is until is taken from you .
Just out of curiosity, how is doing something that helps protect yourself and others from an infectious disease having "your free will taken from you"? And a follow up: since when is Chernobyl, Ukraine a third world country? I'm assuming that's where you are from because that is the largest scale nuclear disaster in history that took place in any of our lifetimes. Also, if you are really from a country that has had such a profound loss of life, as you have described, then why in the hell are you baulking at the very notion of doing something so minor that could stem the death toll that is at this point at over 500k just in the States alone? I'm sorry, but the people who have lost their "true freedom" are the ones who can't even leave their homes for fear of their life because of people with a self important attitude like you have.

Last edited:
The "I'm protecting you" stuff is a bit sanctimonious almost to the point of nausea.
Why would that be sanctimonious? Of course wearing masks and vaccinating are for the protection of all of us, not just the individuals. Not sanctimonious at all. Considering how pro-mask and pro-vaccine you are, I'm surprised you would say that.

We are all in this together. Wearing masks protects the wearer somewhat, but protects others even more. Vaccines protect the vaccinated and help to achieve herd immunity, and the more that are protected, the better for everyone. The selfishness displayed by many during this past year, especially the anti-maskers, is truly sad and appalling. Even free countries have laws. Asking, hell imploring citizens to wear masks to help protect against an unpredictable, potentially deadly virus is not impinging on anyone's freedom.

Last edited:
Sanctimonious by those who insist their mask/protector is protecting ME, YOU, SOMEONE ELSE from the C19 and not necessarily themselves. It's a two way street so let's all just slap those bad boys on the face and cut the arguing. Stay safe and do the right thing, nothing more nothing less. BTW the caps are for emphasis by no means am I shouting. The Captain never shouts.

Just out of curiosity, how is doing something that helps protect yourself and others from an infectious disease having "your free will taken from you"? And a follow up: since when is Chernobyl, Ukraine a third world country? I'm assuming that's where you are from because that is the largest scale nuclear disaster in history that took place in any of our lifetimes. Also, if you are really from a country that has had such a profound loss of life, as you have described, then why in the hell are you baulking at the very notion of doing something so minor that could stem the death toll that is at this point at over 500k just in the States alone? I'm sorry, but the people who have lost their "true freedom" are the ones who can't even leave their homes for fear of their life because of people with a self important attitude like you have.
You were close however Ukraine wasn’t the only country affected by it( google needs to do better) To answer your question with a small question tho why you think that a vaccine is something so minor and protects me ? I’m against vaccines so it is not a minor thing for someone who never had one to be told to get one .( after all this thread is about the vaccine) . Secondly at this time in my home country people are being forced to take the vaccine ( so no free will there) people are being beat up and arrested for simply going to the store and forgetting their statement that states “ where are they going ? With who? What route they are taking?” . If people are afraid to get out of their house that’s on them not on me because I do my part , I wear my mask , I keep my distance but now I’m gonna be told to get a vaccine because t’s a minor thing and it will protect me 100% ?What you don’t realize is that there is a bit of a communist sound around this thread , and I don’t expect anyone to really recognize it.

We are all in this together. Wearing masks protects the wearer somewhat, but protects others even more. Vaccines protect the vaccinated and help to achieve herd immunity, and the more that are protected, the better for everyone. The selfishness displayed by many during this past year, especially the anti-maskers, is truly sad and appalling. Even free countries have laws. Asking, hell imploring citizens to wear masks to help protect against an unpredictable, potentially deadly virus is not impinging on anyone's freedom.
And I agree we are all in this together . Like I said I do my part , wear my mask , keep my distance and all that . But I don’t think it’s okay for someone to judge someone else for not taking the vaccine and looking at that person like this person would be the problem of it all because he doesn’t want to get vaccinated. I’m against vaccines , however I will never judge someone for wanting to get a vaccine I’m not gonna push my beliefs into anyone . Everyone is free to do what they think it’s best for them and it should stay that way .

This is a strange answer. You get the seriousness of hundreds of thousands of people losing their lives because you're from Ukraine, but then you say that "a virus doesn't scare me." Generally, I don't like when people abuse the fact that they are foreign or have been through some other experience as a way to be ignorant about here and now.

So yeah, I stand by what I said. I'm glad you love the relative freedom of living in the USA, but surely you aren't going to just forget how personal responsibility actually affects everyone sometimes? This is not an excuse for selfishness or ignorance. It turns out you're an anti-vaccination person, which is not surprising. Your choices affect me ("me" being everybody that isn't you), and you own those choices. You have no right to put your disease in me.

Are there any scientific metrics that prompt you to become an anti-vaxxer? You're not old enough, obviously, to remember the huge Polio scare in the mid '50s. Salk was successful.

Personally I can't stand wearing a mask but I do and will continue to do so until it's safe not to. Social distancing is not a problem, I'm rather anti social anyway. Too much time in the air perhaps, 5600 ft up with nothing but clouds around me. It's nice.

Back