COVID-19 Vaccine

A couple weeks ago CVS had quite a few appointments available but I was set on getting the J&J so I waited - now I've decided I want the two-shot, but Connecticut opened it up to everyone 16 and older so no appointments to be had, grrr.
Yeah the floodgates have opened now lol. My sister has a friend in Connecticut that had trouble finding an appointment, they eventually got one though.

That's so interesting @dannyy315 bc in my area, CVS has been fully booked for days on end. The only time you might find an opening is if you checked the site at 2-3 am.

In my area Walgreens has had alot of appointments and they seem to put them up at 6am.

I'm sure all areas are different.

But if you put in a little effort you can find a vaccine

Is vaccine eligibility screening based exclusively on in person screening or on your appointment? That is to say can you claim to be over 40 then show up as a 20 year old medical worker? Or claim to have a serious medical condition then show up as someone over 50?
Asking because I made a vaccine appointment saying I was a frontline worker. Reading up it seems I don't qualify as one. However starting today all people over 18 can make an appointment, so im not sure whether I will qualify or not due to me making that appointment about 2 days ago.
Spot will up to 4 hours. Not with of.

Got mine, yesterday morning. Felt great but before I went to sleep I started to become feverish and called out today. Hated to miss work since it’s truck day but knew I needed to recover. I got J&J.

That's how they get you. They entice you with a couple of free hours for getting vaccinated, but then you end up calling off the next day and saving them 4-8 hours! 🙃

Make it up with sick pay, well being time, vacation time, or personal time. You can also try to pick up a shift on another day.

Make it up with sick pay, well being time, vacation time, or personal time. You can also try to pick up a shift on another day.
If you call in sick you can only use sick pay , and maybe well being ( I said maybe because that is for when you go and get your anual check up) . As for vacation and personal cannot be used when call in sick.

I use vacation and personal time if I have to call out. And I've used my well being time for the same thing before as well. It may be that the rules are different in states that have sick time; MN does not.

If you call in sick you can only use sick pay , and maybe well being ( I said maybe because that is for when you go and get your anual check up) . As for vacation and personal cannot be used when call in sick.

I have called out twice in 3 years. The last time, my hr tm said I could use vacation time, but she also deleted my shift from the grid so maybe that is why I could.

I have called out twice in 3 years. The last time, my hr tm said I could use vacation time, but she also deleted my shift from the grid so maybe that is why I could.
With it being deleted yes , but when you call in sick you can’t use vacation .

I wish I had a Krispy Kreme near me, I just want an excuse to flash my vax card lol
Try free beer or weed

Back