COVID-19 Vaccine

Got the first Moderna yesterday and it's just standard vaccine soreness. I've been having an eye roll at all the TMs who are calling off after the first shot, or whining to go home early. And it's always the same people who take advantage of anything they can. When they get the second shot, they might have a more legit excuse but it will still come off as more whining because they faked discomfort after the first one. We should cut their hours because they don't want to work. So sick of babying people.

Eh, everyone reacts differently. I was OK after my first dose. Just got my second dose this morning. Went back to work afterwords. It was a real struggle. My legs are dead. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it through my shift after I started my first OPU cart. Somehow still managed to pick 400+ units today. Worked with my ETL to find coverage for my shift tomorrow. I'd prefer to just go to work, but it's better for everyone if I rest up and give someone else hours, then go in and drag ass for 8 hours.

It really will be fine. I mean, here are the symptoms of CVST, so hie thee to an ER if you have any of them, but the odds are pretty astronomical of that:

• Headache.
  • Blurred vision.
  • Fainting or loss of consciousness.
  • Loss of control over movement in part of the body.
  • Seizures.

People can suffer after the first dose. Would you like to hear from someone who was asymptomatic say those with debilitating symptoms are babies because clearly COVID19 symptoms are mild?
Is that directed at my post? Of course people can have bad reactions. By sheer coincidence, I'm sure, people who always take advantage are taking advantage of this.

Is that directed at my post? Of course people can have bad reactions. By sheer coincidence, I'm sure, people who always take advantage are taking advantage of this.

I worked after my first dose, I probably shouldn't have cause I was soooooo tired for two straight days. I don't take any vaccine well so I expected to feel cruddy but not really that cruddy.. I took a couple days off after my second one.

I'm not even certain that it's causation, good chance it's just correlation. When I saw the "risk" factors of having that condition and the statistics, 6 out of 6-7 million is an amazingly low number.

That’s a very unusual course to take for using vacation time. Those are hours earned by the TM so it makes no sense why your HR would be fired for applying vacation time if someone called out.

It's about making sure the employee is punished for calling out and getting paid while calling out isn't a punishment..

I wish I was kidding.

1618420760407.png

Being vaccinated does not mean that on a hot summer night you can offer your throat, to the wolf with the red roses.
Even if he offers his mouth, teeth, jaws, confirms his hunger, and says he will starve without you.
Seriously, it doesn't if he says he loves you and the beach is burning with fog crawling over the sand.
Just be safe

That’s a very unusual course to take for using vacation time. Those are hours earned by the TM so it makes no sense why your HR would be fired for applying vacation time if someone called out.
Because it is target policy . Yes the hours are earned by the team member however those hours are meant to be used in advance when requesting time off and not as covering call outs . So it is not unusual course it is actually Target policy. .

Because it is target policy . Yes the hours are earned by the team member however those hours are meant to be used in advance when requesting time off and not as covering call outs . So it is not unusual course it is actually Target policy. .
It’s not against policy to use it though. I see what you mean but there’s nothing that says you can’t apply vacation or person time to a day someone missed. I’m the HR at my store and my HRBP would never question any of that nor have the time to be going through time cards of the district to enforce that “policy”.

Has anyone confirmed if you only get the vaccine pay, if you have to miss work to get the vaccine?

You're allowed to use vacation hours to bump a week's hours up to your average worked hours. Assuming a steady schedule at least, if you call out of work, your hours for the week are under your average and you're perfectly entitled to use vacation hours to bump your hours back up for the week. It would simply not excuse the call out as sick hours do (are supposed to).

Has anyone confirmed if you only get the vaccine pay, if you have to miss work to get the vaccine?
I had both doses before my shift and got the 2 hours "emergency pay" both times. A cashier got both her shots through her full time employer in February and has been paid as well. It is an incentive to get vaccinated. You will be paid. Give HR a copy of your vaccination card.

My HR ETL said it's only if you miss time. But the policy on workbench doesn't say anything specific about that.

I'm not going to get into an argument with her though over 4 hours of pay

Just call HROC for clarification
I called and they contradicted what my HR ETL said, he basically said to tell her that I reached out to the benefits center and gave a different answer.

Now it’s always awkward telling your boss “you’re wrong” about something, so I have to think about how to approach this lol.

Back