Archived Vendors Who Don't Give a Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started there was a trailer for Coke and Pepsi. For some reason, we don't have it anymore and the only time that bay is used is if there is a truck in the 2nd bay, which is maybe an hour at a time.

The only issue we have is that they spill or break something they don't tell anyone and just leave when they are done

we had some cherry coke all over the floor a few weeks back, he must have ran quick because it was a dryish sticky red mess by the time we found it, havent seen him since lol

Jack, what the he double hockey stick is that scary thing that is coming on May 1? He needs to get the h eck going and come already!

Avengers: Rise of Ultron, with the "scary thing" being Ultron

I swear the bread vendors always seemed like the worst to me.
They would pull out the shelf strips and turn them around when they ran out of product, tear off the strips so they could overstock and just ignore them all together.
I even had one take down my signs and leave them in the back.
I would tell them the shelves were planogramed and they would laugh.

I understand how bad Spot is about communication, so I'm sure talking between the two corporations must suck but that's no reason to take it out on us.

Can anyone fill one out or does it have to be CTL or RevLog?

I usually fill ours out and I am a Pfresh Assistant, get with a PA or the CTL in your store if you are having problems with a vendor.

I know myself, as a PA would be MORE than happy to Red one of these idiots.

They would pull out the shelf strips and turn them around when they ran out of product, tear off the strips so they could overstock and just ignore them all together.

I understand how bad Spot is about communication, so I'm sure talking between the two corporations must suck but that's no reason to take it out on us.

Bread vendors are the worst mostly because they don't have to get checked in by the receiver, so even if they leave a ton of backstock and mess things up we can't refuse an order. Sure we could stop bread vendors at the receiving door and tell them they can't bring in product until their issues are fixed, then a couple of hours later they will just come in through the front door.

Bread vendors are the worst mostly because they don't have to get checked in by the receiver, so even if they leave a ton of backstock and mess things up we can't refuse an order. Sure we could stop bread vendors at the receiving door and tell them they can't bring in product until their issues are fixed, then a couple of hours later they will just come in through the front door.
We used to have a problem with bread, but we reset the aisle and threatened to not carry product if they touched things. Not sure if we could have but it worked wonders. The one everyone else didn't like adores me so he does whatever I ask...makes me look good.

As for vendors being knuckle dragging buffoons. Kiss my ass. I was a vendor for live plants for years. Not only did it take strength, but an eye for merchandising. I had no control over ordering, Space to fill and signs/labels to print. No help from team members like at target. And I still get job offers from those stores. Sadly they don't pay better.

Most of our vendors are pretty good, except for the Pepsi vendors...They are so helpless and require someone to hold their hand anytime they are in the backroom.

A few weeks ago my ETL-LOG and I walked in on two of them using a ladder to get 2-liters off of his pallet on the second shelf because they couldn't figure out to look down the main and ask for help from the 2 backroom TMs or the CTL.

The other vendors have adopted to our new 8am-noon receiving hours. Pepsi will be there at 6am trying to sort stuff on their pallets directly behind the line, constanty holding up the Flow team pallet puller.

And of course when they finish, they leave their crap on the line and extra pallets of product on the dock.

They were planogramed but they were also PTM for a long time. Some of the things on our POGS our Vendors dont even carry so we have to flex over

I dont have too many issues with Vendors anymore. Usually its them not bringing in enough product or in the case of wine sales rep, bringing in stuff they didnt need and not ordering stuff they did actually need.

The vendors in my store were out of control and I got no help from STL, ETL's. I finally put my foot down and pulled the recommended space Target suggest. Now all vendors have a 4 foot shelf, if they go over that they are refused till they get back in check. Wine vendors we walk the order with them and sign off and then double check what comes in. Nabisco and Keebler have been told I see another damn box of Cheezits or Club crackers you aint delivering anything. You refuse an order or 2 they get the point. I even have had the order guy called why were all standing there, woke some of them up on a early Saturday morning.

Anonymous, you are spot on with your analysis of vendors. 3 things that you said are so true about them: lazy, incompetent, and don't care if they leave a mess.

We have no choice but to touch/move vendor product. I wish there were another place in the back room to keep their crap, because I hate moving the poorly stacked cases of soda/stacks of 2 liter bottles in order to clear the truck line.

I do wish vendors would get rid of stuff they won't be pushing. There is always a stray pallet (with 2-3 more pallets stacked on top) with a torn up case of soda, a half-empty bottle of orange soda, etc.. wasted space in receiving.

I nearly got run over by a vendor a couple of months ago. He was coming out of the backroom with a flat piled higher than I am tall. Thus, he couldn't see me and nearly took me out due to being way over the height limit. Unfortunately our TL who deals with the vendors wasn't in at the time, so I couldn't do anything about it except grumble that if he's going to do that, his company's insurance better be damn good.

Our best vendors are Pepsi and Nabisco, the main person for Pepsi is awesome, and the Nabsico lady is great. Pepperidge Farm is our worst vendor. We always check things when he fills them and pull out expired product (like 2 months past bb date) that wasn't there the last week. Apparently receiving called around to other stores and they all have the same issue, and even calling his boss hasn't worked. I'm not sure what to do about it. Since I'm the new PA I'm really doing my best to start out on the right foot with the vendors I hadn't interacted with much in the past.

The beer vendors always pull the flats no matter how many times you tell them to push. :confused:

Speakers of vendors..my bread aisle was wiped out when I came in to close..anyone else have this issue constantly?
Yes. One day they even emptied their own bread endcap and just put it on the aisle shelf and left. >_> I'll either have a full endcap with an empty aisle, or an empty endcap with a somewhat full aisle. I can't ever get both. :p

Pfft, my bread vendor asked me how my bathroom remodel was going...we're tight. :cool:

My other job just switched to a new food distributor. Second delivery had bread that expired in February!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back