Archived Vendors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So vendors come through often, and I also find the majority of them annoying or just have a horrible attitude.

It's like whenever one comes in I'm like "Oh god, another one is here."

If any of you have any stories about vendors or so, feel free to share!

I had a spat with the Pepsi vendor because he started to move my cups in my storage area to put his Pepsi sodas and when I saw that I went to him and told him he needed to use his space and his space only and he was like "I'm a vendor, I don't work for Target." And I got so irritated and I told him "Exactly, so while you're in my store, you respect my rules and use your area." He moved everything and I ignore him. He gets decaffed when he comes to Starbucks.

I had a spat with the Pepsi vendor because he started to move my cups in my storage area to put his Pepsi sodas and when I saw that I went to him and told him he needed to use his space and his space only and he was like "I'm a vendor, I don't work for Target." And I got so irritated and I told him "Exactly, so while you're in my store, you respect my rules and use your area." He moved everything and I ignore him. He gets decaffed when he comes to Starbucks.
Getting decaffed is a good one! Props to you!

I don't know what work center you're from, but you're amazing for doing that. I'm a TL and I approve of this because vendors are cray.

Getting decaffed is a good one! Props to you!

I don't know what work center you're from, but you're amazing for doing that. I'm a TL and I approve of this because vendors are cray.
I'm the Starbucks TL. Most vendors at my store suck.

Pepsi thinks we are their warehouse. Double the pallets we have room for.

And Nabisco stacks shit in our sfs area. And refuses to move it. Guess who's delivery is being refused..... >:|

Pepsi thinks we are their warehouse. Double the pallets we have room for.

And Nabisco stacks shit in our sfs area. And refuses to move it. Guess who's delivery is being refused..... >:|
If they refused my delivery, I would call my DM and let them know that I'm out of product because my store didn't have space because of a vendor's pallet. Then I'd have fun watching shit hit the fan >;]

Some of the vendors are nice and some irritate me so much. I work at the Guest Service desk and I get to deal with them when they arrive. They have to sign into the vendor book. It's easily accessible for them, why do 50% of them don't carry a pen? I hate it when I am with a guest, working on what ever issue the guest has and a vendor interrupts because they need a pen right at this second and expects me to drop everything and run over to them. I usually just glare at them and tell them I am with a guest. Or when they get impatient because they need an LOD and the LOD is taking too long. Don't complain to me, I called the LOD. LOD said he/she would be there as soon as he/she could. Sometimes the LOD is way in the back of the store and it can take a few minutes for him/her to come to the front. I can not make the LOD magically appear :mad:.

We once had all three soda vendors in at the same time one morning, and one accidentally knocked something off another vendor's pallet and then left instead of cleaning it up. Our ETL-LOG walks by and sees the growning puddle of soda on the floor and asks the vendor whos pallet is came off of if he needed to know where we keep our cleaning supplies. The vendor just goes "oh I didn't spill that" and continues whatever he was doing.

I'm standing at the SFS workstation on the other side of the steel and I can practically see the veins popping out of my ETL's head. But the mess is getting bigger, so he goes and tosses some spill magic on it and starts cleaning it up. The vendor now steps back out of the way and just stands there while the ETL is cleaning it up and he just suddenly loses his shit and goes off on the guy. "YOU KNOW, YOU ARE A GUEST IN MY STORE AND I DONT GIVE A SHIT IF YOU MADE THIS MESS OR NOT!! IF YOU SEE A MESS, YOU NEED TO CLEAN IT THE FUCK UP YOURSELF!! SHOW SOME FUCKING MANNERS WHILE YOU ARE IN MY STORE TRYING TO SELL YOUR PRODUCT!!"

The vendor now starts yelling back about how he isn't cleaning up other people's messes and he doesn't work for Target, and the ETL threatens to take ALL of this vendor's products off the floor and call this guys boss to tell him why we no longer want to sell their products.

He didn't actually remove any product from the sales floor but we got a new vendor rep in the next week.

Most at my store seem nice but they will all of a sudden pretend to be deaf when you're trying to get by with a flat lol

Most of the vendors I've encountered seemed ok, but our pop vendors keep leaving their crap all over the backroom, making it difficult to use the WAVe in certain bulk aisles. And our Dyson rep got mad at me because we were out of stock on a certain vacuum. Because it's totally my fault that our DC two states over hasn't sent us any.

I've never had an issue with a food vendor, but we have a guy who comes in to work on that endcap in Toys, the one with all the little dinky toys and gold bars and stuff? Guy is a major tool and comes in with a chip on his shoulder, his first time in he yelled at a brand new TM because he was missing a label and she didn't know how to make him one. He got in the face of our ETL-LOG, who is a very passive person, about Flow overstocking his endcap. He tried to buck up to me about his endcap not having the current revision done yet (it was actually an upcoming revision in the following week). Well I may be small, but I'm mighty. I let him know that if he would stop being such a douche, more people would be willing to help him. Now I'm the only person that he'll talk to when he comes in :rolleyes:

Being in Plano I see my fair share of vendors and I could tell you stories about each one. My favorite vendor is American greetings that lady is always on top of her shit and always helpful when it comes to christmas and she will flex out her product through out stationary to help it look fuller. Woman's a saint. Now our cosmetics vendor is a piece of work. Every. Single. Time. She comes in she complains about something. I do not like to interact with her. Then our Fritos vendor is a whole other story in itself. He has literally cried before because we didn't give him space for his product. I shit you not. Cried. A grown ass man. I now just give him his allotted space in order to not be put in the awkward adult crying position.

Wine vendor having pallets refused on the weekly. No fucks given if you don't have product, rules are rules. You refuse to pull your pallets off the floor and then try to sneak in three pallets on a weekend? Yeah no..

Most of our vendors are pretty cool. The only complaint I have is that some of the beverage guys and the Frito Lay guy never fucking break down their cardboard when they throw it into the bailer...

I had one vendor that all my other vendors warned me to keep an eye on the very first time he came in! Always left out date on the floor and trying to bring in too much mdse. He would tell me I didn't know how to do my job. I asked "did you check your dates" he say yes. I would go and find old product then be callink his supervisor. His boss was very upfront with me saying they are aware of the problem but had to follow the process for handling the situation and to calling hI'm when I had issues. Took a couple months but bye bye jerk.

I was a merchandiser for Coke and I always put a little more effort into my Target stores than anywhere else. Yes, there are lazy merchandisers but sometimes they do get royally fucked over by their "boss", the account rep. Sometimes it's hard to deal with and consolidate the amount of extra product that gets brought in for an endcap or display. It takes just as much skill on the part of the rep not to over-order (although there's no incentive not to - the product will sell eventually, and the merchandiser is the one who has to figure out how to deal with it in a way that obeys the store rules).

the ETL threatens to take ALL of this vendor's products off the floor and call this guys boss to tell him why we no longer want to sell their products.
This would get that ETL fired in a second.

Ice cream vendor leaves empty yellow plastic pallets in our freezer. Left packages of ice cream and trash in a shopping cart in there one time too. Hate cleaning up after people.

A lot of our vendors are kind of shifty- always trying to sneak in and out so no one can confront them about anything.

Our chip and bread people seem fantastic. Keebler/Nabisco routinely leave excess product in the way in the back. Hostess has had a fair amount of expired product on the floor, but no one ever manages to catch them in order to talk to them about it.

The American Greetings lady is wonderful- very self sufficient.

Beverages, though...*sigh* beverages are the absolute worst. Our main Coke guy is great- very friendly and agreeable, but one of the guys he works with routinely shows up drunk/hungover. Pepsi is always leaving way too much excess product and clogging up our line with empty pallets they should've taken. There's a lot about vendors that I still don't understand, but it's pretty clear they're the cause of ~30% of the headaches our PA, ETL-SF, and ETL-LOG suffer.

Our new STL is starting to crack down on stuff though, so I can see things improving in the near future.

I have major issues with Pepsi/Coke. There are stacks of 6-7 of their empty pallets, with a few of their plastic crates and misc. broken/damaged/open sodas. Why these things are there taking up space in our back room is beyond me. Shouldn't the person making deliveries be taking this crap with them?

Most of our vendors are pretty cool. The only complaint I have is that some of the beverage guys and the Frito Lay guy never fucking break down their cardboard when they throw it into the bailer...

YES all the vendors do that at my store too

After reading through the posts, I have to say the American greeting Lady is by far the best one. Even at my store, she does her own thing and is nice.

Keep it going guys! The stories are great to read!

Being in Plano I see my fair share of vendors and I could tell you stories about each one. My favorite vendor is American greetings that lady is always on top of her shit and always helpful when it comes to christmas and she will flex out her product through out stationary to help it look fuller. Woman's a saint. Now our cosmetics vendor is a piece of work. Every. Single. Time. She comes in she complains about something. I do not like to interact with her. Then our Fritos vendor is a whole other story in itself. He has literally cried before because we didn't give him space for his product. I shit you not. Cried. A grown ass man. I now just give him his allotted space in order to not be put in the awkward adult crying position.

The cosmetics one at my store is just the same. And her boss is even worse.

After reading through the posts, I have to say the American greeting Lady is by far the best one. Even at my store, she does her own thing and is nice.

Right?! And in my opinion she's got one of the hardest tasks. Sure, her stuff is pretty light weight compared to pallets of soda, and she's never in as much of a rush as our other vendors, but think about it- the card section is always totally screwed up in stores. People just put things anywhere and mix the wrong envelops with the cards. I'd be pretty interested in learning exactly how she goes about her work.

...now that I think about it, assuming the instructions make it super clear what to put where that could actually be a pretty fun job haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back