Archived Venting...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where @commiecorvus usually jumps in with the "Don't be a dick" speech

/me shakes his head, is beginning to wonder why he even bothers.

It looks like some people got the point that this is a place where people come to vent and cleaned up their own mess, which I appreciate.

Stop it.
We don't call names.
We act like grownups.
We don't insult each other.
We don't act like dicks.

I'm trying to meet a deadline please don't make me come back.

How are they going to know what the apron means?

Yeah if we got a bad survey my etl ge would also coach the tm. The key is to be helpful even when you can't solve the problem.
My amazing LOD made us Aprons that say "Target Beauty Team Member" big on the chest part of it. It's visible. Obviously the burgundy caught her eye but I would have thought that our Guest Services TM would have called for backup if she needed it and of course, she didn't think she did until after that guest was rude and made everyone laugh because of how impatient she was. I exaggerated on the line. There were 3 guests in total. It was busy by the cash registers so everyone who could respond couldn't. I've already corrected my mistake of being bland back but all I wanted was to vent how upset one person made me because it made me look like a dud when I couldn't do anything at all. I thought this was a safe place to just get things out. Happy Holidays.

You are a Jerk. Get a life instead of putting other people who need to vent down. I am one of the nicest people working at this Target. I know how I replied saying No was wrong. Don't be a jerk to me when I was treated like a piece of crap and embarrassed by a guest who felt like I was ignoring them when I had smiled a few times basically letting them know if I could I would. Obviously you feel entitled to be a jerk too to someone you don't F n know and anonymously too. SHE did not say it nicely. SHE was the one being rude first and we have ALL been there you "pathetic excuse for a human being". You don't know me. I don't know you. Be respectful. Words do hurt people and you definitely don't know me or my background so I'm assuming you feel "entitled" to be a bully like it's High School.

its okay, he's just a troll.

OP, just so you know, there are already dedicated vent threads for you to work out your venting.
To that one guest - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/to-that-one-guest.70/

Typically, when I see stand alone threads like this, I assume it's to have a bigger discussion than what you'd expect if it was part of an existing thread. So, I'd be more inclined to pick apart and criticize your vent too. You can't just put something out for everyone and expect that all responses are going to be ideal.

couldn't. I've already corrected my mistake of being bland back but all I wanted was to vent how upset one person made me

Yeah as @Target NPC said, ttog is a great place to vent where most people will let you be or give you a like because they have been there too.

With a new thread you made it sound like you wanted advice on how you could have handled the situation better. Which I assume where most of the responses are coming from, an honest opinion that it wasn't handled well.

You're fine and we aren't assuming you are a bad team member.

Do you know how many times the OP has said “ I am a nice person” in this thread? 12 times. She has said I am a nice person, referring to herself 12 times. No one else has made that claim about her as of this post.
I am calling the OP “ her”, cause ,lets face it....
I am a nice person.

Do you know how many times the OP has said “ I am a nice person” in this thread? 12 times. She has said I am a nice person, referring to herself 12 times. No one else has made that claim about her as of this post.
I am calling the OP “ her”, cause ,lets face it....
I am a nice person.

Most people aren't nice. You're not nice, the OP is not nice, I'm not nice, the guest in the OP's story is not nice.

Also, I believe this whole damn courtroom is out of order.

be099141ee62321dd28b481456341ad2.gif

Lol you guys are funny, anyways. I am a very nice person,in person.

Lol you guys are funny, anyways. I am a very nice person,in person.

I mean, if you have to say it, it's likely not true. A more accurate statement would be you have nice moments. I don't think people are either nice or not. We're just animals making judgments based on our current situation.

Guests don't know how anything works at Target. They don't know the difference between cashier, guest service, salesfloor, flow, etc. They see a red shirt and a name tag. If you are the first team member they see they will ask you for help. They are sometimes oblivious. When a grocery TM is pushing a pallet full of milk by the video games, they will ask that TM to unlock a game for them. But the obliviousness is not entirely their fault. If there are lines, they will ask why a TM is just standing up front and not on a register. They have no idea that it's the GSTL and part of their job is to oversee the lanes. They just see someone in red and khaki.
This is why I explain things in detail. I can't count the amount of times I've stopped and explained what dpci is and how to find something correctly from another store. Sunday morning while doing ad and checking endcaps in toys I answered the electronics phone. They were looking for heaters. I had to explain why I can't transfer you over. But I did walk close enough to the heaters to tell.

I mean, if you have to say it, it's likely not true. A more accurate statement would be you have nice moments. I don't think people are either nice or not. We're just animals making judgments based on our current situation.
Then I am a narwal, narwal swimming the ocean...

My pet peeve is when I am doing something at a register, or I am talking to a tech fixing a register and people come in line and ask if we are open.

Like bruh, we give you NO indication we are open, go to one of the lanes with a red and khaki TM and a light thats on.. tf

My pet peeve is when I am doing something at a register, or I am talking to a tech fixing a register and people come in line and ask if we are open.

Like bruh, we give you NO indication we are open, go to one of the lanes with a red and khaki TM and a light thats on.. tf

Happens every time I bank registers. I'm removing all the money with a big red money cart, but they still ask. Worse when I'm there taking apart a register, removing the scanner etc. They come up and I'm like -__-

Registers need a closed light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back