Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s. the tweet called that activewear setup "performance innovation." I'm guessing just like the home innovation, they'll be tacking "innovation" onto all new things haha. I only saw two tweets from the same store. It looks so nice, though!

My store doesn't have the Home Innovation. In the beginning, Lucille was always in hardlines and she did the mannequins when we were out of the book outfits and she'd accessorize them. Now that sl has no hours she works in sl a lot, but I overheard that she actually likes sl better. I know she worked in intimates last week. Today she was in accessories. I think she was enjoying it, because she seemed to be... umm... savoring the process. Of course, when she was in hl all the time, she was prob just doing stuff like setting planos and endcaps, so sl is possibly a welcome change to that.

Do any of you VMLs work at a store that doesn't have the Home Innovation remodel? 2 stores in my district have yet to receive it and I've heard it's absolutely boring because they're just stuck in softlines all the time.

My store doesn't have the home innovation remodel, but my VML and VM brand TM split time between softlines and hardlines. There are always endcaps, focals, and trend runs to dress up.

I guess another VML bites the dust :confused: just heard mine's gonna be resigning smh. And I think she was great at what she did too.

Anyway... is this activewear look new? Or did my store just not get it because it's a small-ish store? When we got mannequins, we only got one lady's active one, and we didn't get those tiered white tables, leg-iquins or the round underwear thingies

I've been looking at target stl/etl tweeted
Three stores in my district of almost 80 got it. Super exclusive and not sure how we got picked after getting skipped in the bullseye playground remodel. 20160120_055359.jpg 20160120_055304.jpg 20160120_055334.jpg

waste of hours cut these hours now !!
Overnight from special project hours direct from corporate. Included a dozen people from other stores and a construction vendor to shorten the yoga wall, etc. Plus an open top dumpster and two temp storage containers.

My biggest question fo VML's is do you ever rotate like the rest of tl's and if so will you keep your outrageous pay? Senior tl's move around but they are still LOD's essentially so that makes since hey keep their pay. But a Visual Merchandise Leader is a team lead so we rotate.

The Visual Merchandise Leaders are SrTLs. My store did not get the home innovation remodel so our VMTL does sales planners and takes care of the trend runs, focals and mannequins. When he closes, he hangs out with the LOD and acts like he's LOD.

My biggest question fo VML's is do you ever rotate like the rest of tl's and if so will you keep your outrageous pay? Senior tl's move around but they are still LOD's essentially so that makes since hey keep their pay. But a Visual Merchandise Leader is a team lead so we rotate.
Vmtl's can't answer this question. Most are new to the company. But following p&p, if they switch jobs they lose the pay. And another tl can't "rotate" into vmtl without interviewing.
A tl can't "rotate" into Sr. Tl.

It is technically Srtl, but it is closer to PMT in that regard as they don't carry keys or take lod shifts.
Yeah but the PMT is in charge of the whole store's maintenance while the VML is only in charge of a few areas that equals or less then most TLs Departments and certainly not more work then what Sr.Tls do.

Yeah but the PMT is in charge of the whole store's maintenance while the VML is only in charge of a few areas that equals or less then most TLs Departments and certainly not more work then what Sr.Tls do.
We put our vml in charge of the whole store as far as keeping things looking good. So he isn't just restricted to one location and if yours is, they're doing it wrong.

We put our vml in charge of the whole store as far as keeping things looking good. So he isn't just restricted to one location and if yours is, they're doing it wrong.
Wouldn't surprise me. The VML we have is okay but certainly overpaid for what they are currently doing. I still think if the company would have put the hours into the mannequin maintenance beforehand the VML position wouldn't have been necessary but at this point its a moot point. Target once again rushes into new ideas that could have been better fleshed out. The VML at our store uses the baseline directions from the guide 99.9% of the time so what was the point of creating the position in that case.

The Visual Merchandise Leaders are SrTLs. My store did not get the home innovation remodel so our VMTL does sales planners and takes care of the trend runs, focals and mannequins. When he closes, he hangs out with the LOD and acts like he's LOD.
The VML's are SrTL??? In that case I agree, they must be extremely overpaid. At my store the VML does almost nothing, except dress the mannequins, respond for front end backup or talk with the ETLs.

I love watching my VML go on a small tirade that I won't be involved with Merrimarcko (or whatever it is) this month at all, as I will be Knee deep in Healthcare and Market for the next two weeks.

"Aren't you going to at least build the table? that's not part of my workload!"

I love watching my VML go on a small tirade that I won't be involved with Merrimarcko (or whatever it is) this month at all, as I will be Knee deep in Healthcare and Market for the next two weeks.

"Aren't you going to at least build the table? that's not part of my workload!"
I got scheduled special, and we're coming in extra early. Ugh.

The VML's are SrTL??? In that case I agree, they must be extremely overpaid. At my store the VML does almost nothing, except dress the mannequins, respond for front end backup or talk with the ETLs.
I always laugh at blanket statements like this. How would you know what they do if you are busy in your workcenter? It seems that people always think that others do almost nothing. It's amazing to me that we can even unlock the doors each morning.

Does the VMTL get her hours From softlines? Because if you have 2 STL +VMTL, what is left for the TMs ?

Does the VMTL get her hours From softlines? Because if you have 2 STL +VMTL, what is left for the TMs ?

No. Separate workcenter, separate hours. If she has no MBTMs then she definitely isn't getting hours from anywhere else, the workcenter has enough for just her.

Thinking of going for the visual merchandising position. Currently a sales floor team lead. Anyone know the process? I know they wanted to hire external but they haven't had luck and my etl thought it would be a good idea for me.

I always laugh at blanket statements like this. How would you know what they do if you are busy in your workcenter?
Uhhh I work in AP, it's kinda hard to not notice what TMs are doing.
I'm just saying, I don't see the reason for the Sr. Team Lead pay for VMLs. That's all.

Last edited:
I always laugh at blanket statements like this. How would you know what they do if you are busy in your workcenter? It seems that people always think that others do almost nothing. It's amazing to me that we can even unlock the doors each morning.

This, in the end I pulled a double lunch, and stayed 12 hours with my ETL-LOG to build it, because he thought it was BS too, and he is fuckin awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back