Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our hr said the opposite. Our district has to fill the position within 30 days and none of us has the home innovation remodel.
That's still quite awhile to wait for applications. And you know they will wait till the last minute to interview. Our etlge was at a hiring event this afternoon, I suspect with this spot in mind.

I asked my etl hr last week about the job and she hadn't completely read through so possible she missed something but she said the process was interview with etl sales floor, then stl, then a test where they give you a visual and you recreate it or something.
Interesting. I have applied, but haven't had any response at all. However, yesterday our DTL was at the store. He showed me a photo on his phone and asked if I could recreate it. I did - very quickly - and he and our STL were quite pleased with the result. Hmmmm.....

Interesting. I have applied, but haven't had any response at all. However, yesterday our DTL was at the store. He showed me a photo on his phone and asked if I could recreate it. I did - very quickly - and he and our STL were quite pleased with the result. Hmmmm.....

Was it hard lines or aa you had to recreate from the photo?

• There supposed to be paygrade 19 higher than a senior
  • And opposite the sales floor ETL
Can anyone else verify that this is a pg19? Everything so far had stated it is pg17. If it were a 19 I would say F being a sr and take this job asap. I already told my stl I wanted this job if it ever came to our store and she promised it to me then and there. Based on the vague things she's said lately she is sticking to that promise!

I saw the home VIA today and it looked very simple, IMO. Some of it was hanging clothing on pegs (Halloween costumes) and setting the tables like the ones that have Starbucks tumblers or canning jars right now. If you can set a POG, you can do this job.

Can anyone else verify that this is a pg19? Everything so far had stated it is pg17. If it were a 19 I would say F being a sr and take this job asap. I already told my stl I wanted this job if it ever came to our store and she promised it to me then and there. Based on the vague things she's said lately she is sticking to that promise!
Its a 17

It's a PayGrade 17..... equivalent to PMT...... No Keys, No LOD

That's still quite awhile to wait for applications. And you know they will wait till the last minute to interview. Our etlge was at a hiring event this afternoon, I suspect with this spot in mind.

Stores are given a goal date of having the VML position filled and through Orientation by October 11th... Payroll will begin to drop and VMLML (VML Marker Leader) Visits will begin.

We have the position and remodel already. It's PG17 and the guy that does it works mostly mornings. No LOD responsibilities. I usually don't speak on positions that I haven't done but for the pay it seems like a pretty nice job to have. As of now it seems like they are actually given enough hours to accomplish things. Will that last, who knows.

I just heard every store in my district is now getting the position even if they don't have the remodel (yet?).

So the ETLs at my store announced we were getting this position. Our PPTL inquired about applying for this job since she's been the Presentation TL since forever. She was told by my ETLs that she wasn't qualified to apply because she doesn't have enough experience. ( she's been with Target for 20 yrs). Are my ETLs just giving her the runaround or something? We're LV and only getting a handful of maniquins in boys and girls.

So the ETLs at my store announced we were getting this position. Our PPTL inquired about applying for this job since she's been the Presentation TL since forever. She was told by my ETLs that she wasn't qualified to apply because she doesn't have enough experience. ( she's been with Target for 20 yrs). Are my ETLs just giving her the runaround or something? We're LV and only getting a handful of maniquins in boys and girls.

Nope, your ETL's probably are not giving her the run around.... There are some serious requirements when it comes to the Vml position. Very Very Strict as far as qualifications and experience. I just sent Three VML's to the DTL for an Interview and she felt only one was really qualified, out of all three. The one that the DTL liked had 10 years of Visual Merchandising experience, she worked at JcPennies, Macy's and Pandora.... She went to the F.I.T. for college...

Very Very serious requirements.....

Nope, your ETL's probably are not giving her the run around.... There are some serious requirements when it comes to the Vml position. Very Very Strict as far as qualifications and experience. I just sent Three VML's to the DTL for an Interview and she felt only one was really qualified, out of all three. The one that the DTL liked had 10 years of Visual Merchandising experience, she worked at JcPennies, Macy's and Pandora.... She went to the F.I.T. for college...

Thanks. All We were told at huddle this position was just to take care of the maniquins and zone. Guess they didn't explain the requirements to my TL very well.

Totally understand wanting someone who is qualified. However dismissing someone because they currently are employed by spot is asinine. I know in my store they have told a few potential candidates that they wanted outside hires. These team members had experience in the arts fields,design, merchandising etc but because they are currently employed by Target they are not ideal candidates. They want someone untouched by Target. Basically you are still following a planogram. The merchandising part comes into play when the presentation begins to break. So we are going to bring in brand new people who will still have to learn the basics of Target. Just another situation where Target is overlooking the talent that may be in the store currently for a risk.

I saw two other stores in the area were hiring for the VMTL position, so I asked our softlines sr tl if we were going to be hiring anybody for the position and she said this was the first she has heard of it? if it wasnt for this website i probably wouldnt know anything that is happening, everyone at our store is always so clueless

I saw two other stores in the area were hiring for the VMTL position, so I asked our softlines sr tl if we were going to be hiring anybody for the position and she said this was the first she has heard of it? if it wasnt for this website i probably wouldnt know anything that is happening, everyone at our store is always so clueless
Same thing happened to me! I asked my SLTL if I'd still be doing the adjacency with the new position and she hadn't even heard of it!

Which is absolute crap. Take the BTS results this year and double the negatives, after more people quit over this crap.

There is nothing in target that requires that kind of experience. I don't care what it's written as. This is not Macy's, Filenes or Lord& Taylor. We don't sell merchandise that's expensive enough to justify it. A wise mentor once told me a secret: you don't have to know about the product to merchandise it. Just a method to follow and some business psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back