Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a few hardlines departments shifted from one of the other salesfloor team leads to make up for the lack of Home Innovation is my assumption. Main focus then would be the visual softlines areas and mannequins with an lesser focus on those other areas. I agree its overpaid but its so they can attract that "talent" from the outside of the company. Its not meant to be an internal promotion or that's what the big wigs are making it seem like.
I know a internal that just got promoted this person went from a pg11 to a 17 got a three dollar raise. Going from a 11 to a 17 is a 2.50 raise. I saw the the chart in HR.

Not In my store, I oversee it all. The brand team members come to me with any problems. I let the HR know how many hours they get. Plus I use plano hours to set all MMB. We also set all sales planners. We set the ad every Sunday I rotate the price and plano team With one electronics and one softlines team member. I guess each store runs things a little different.

The sales planner and plano team never materialized in many stores in my area. Plano struggles to get done as it is. SL does all the adjacency sets, MMB TM does all those, GSTL does checklanes, perishables does all their sales plans.

I was told yesterday that STLs who hire outside talent get huge bonuses . Is that true?

Not In my store, I oversee it all. The brand team members come to me with any problems. I let the HR know how many hours they get. Plus I use plano hours to set all MMB. We also set all sales planners. We set the ad every Sunday I rotate the price and plano team With one electronics and one softlines team member. I guess each store runs things a little different.
Sounds like you get the short end of the stick to be honest. At the store I am at the TLs for the departments are responsible for salesplanners listed under salesfloor workload where the planogram handles all the planogram workload based on the adjacency calendar.

I was told yesterday that STLs who hire outside talent get huge bonuses . Is that true?

Sounds made up to me.
There are set bonuses and there are incentives for finding people that even TMs get.
It's possible that the STL's get a higher incentive but I wouldn't imagine that it is huge.
The fact is Spot has made it part of its culture to hire a certain type of person for its leadership and by in large those wind up coming from the outside.

My ETL-GE/SF wants me to get the spot so bad and he was telling me last night that he'd be passed ifrom I didn't get it because the only reason he thinks I wouldn't would be because my STL wants a bonus for hiring from outside. He could be wrong considering he JUST joined spot and has never done retail before so he's still trying to figure everything out.

Sounds like you get the short end of the stick to be honest. At the store I am at the TLs for the departments are responsible for salesplanners listed under salesfloor workload where the planogram handles all the planogram workload based on the adjacency calendar.
I do get the hours for the salesplaners. So its not as bad as it seems.

Stls don't hire they have to go through 4 interviews. With the final interview with a DTL
Correct, but I was told if the outside hire is chosen by the DTL then the STL would get a bonus. But like I said, it could be completely wrong.

Screw them very much.
They have no idea who they have working for them and haven't bothered to ask.
That's what happens when you assume all the people in red shirts are disposable.
So far in my district we've had 2 internal hires (me and another person), the other 3 came from mall anchor stores (Dillards and stuff like that)

Our district is "forbidding" any current or former team members from even interviewing for the position. So much for consistency throughout the company. Seems a bit discriminatory to me. You're qualified, you meet all the criteria oops you work for us! You are no good....

Our district is "forbidding" any current or former team members from even interviewing for the position. So much for consistency throughout the company. Seems a bit discriminatory to me. You're qualified, you meet all the criteria oops you work for us! You are no good....
Apply on ehr, spot can't stop you from doing that.

Apply on ehr, spot can't stop you from doing that.
Doesn't mean they'll get interviewed though. Probably they'll see the app and then just ignore it. I see alot of the positions previously posted online for the position is no longer online.

Seems like some stores are really dragging their feet filling this position lol.

Keeping a copy of the app could be use against spot for discrimination by race, sex or whatever for that job.
Its not necessarily discrimination if Target can say they aren't qualified due to lack of the year/two years of visual merch xp. Though I agree its bull that Target hasn't been focusing more internally then externally.

Its not necessarily discrimination if Target can say they aren't qualified due to lack of the year/two years of visual merch xp. Though I agree its bull that Target hasn't been focusing more internally then externally.
The same thing is happening at my store, too.
My sftl has 5 years with spot in soft lines & no design degree(has a bs degree), is getting denied too.

The same thing is happening at my store, too.
My sftl has 5 years with spot in soft lines & no design degree(has a bs degree), is getting denied too.
Its pretty sad especially with the fact that they'd probably run circles around these external hires as they already know what target wants and can visually merchandise that way without any issue. But then to get denied so Target can spout off how much "talent" they got from other companies.

Doesn't mean they'll get interviewed though. Probably they'll see the app and then just ignore it. I see alot of the positions previously posted online for the position is no longer online.

Seems like some stores are really dragging their feet filling this position lol.

Tell me about it....my interviews have spanned over a week and a half and I still have to do my STL interview this coming Monday.

Tell me about it....my interviews have spanned over a week and a half and I still have to do my STL interview this coming Monday.
How many interviews have you done?
Odd because I thought it was only 3 interviews total unless they put you through mock ones first?

I did my first interview with my ETL-GE/SF then 4 days later I had another interview but not real interview on paper with my ETL-HR. While i was in that interview he gave me the flip book test just to see if I could even do the merchandising part of the job I guess. Now almost a week later I'm doing my interview with my STL this coming Monday. Then after that IF i make it past her who knows when my interview with my DTL or HRBP will be....:confused:....My ETL-GE/SF is pushing hard for me to get it but I'm in school and he says that's the only hurdle that I'd have to find a way to cross.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back