Archived VM TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, I did brand and SL adjacencies for three years before our store was one of 50 to get the mannequins. I cried and struggled dressing, cleaning, steaming all the clothes, talking with the VP of the company and DTL during visits. Transferred stores and my new store got the entire home innovation setup with the VML along with two TM's.

I was personally bitter when I pled my case for VML but they were looking for an outside person to fit the bill. I hated knowing that they stretched two hours worth of mannequin maintence into 8 hour shifts when they don't take the time to steam the clothes, check the inventory along the hurdles and such; at my new store at least.

A year later those tm's don't really maintain home and mannequins anymore because of payroll and get pulled for reshop or zoning. Meanwhile I secretly clean up and remerch softlines during Ad set up to regain some of my sanity from transferring.

Last edited:
The VML's are SrTL??? In that case I agree, they must be extremely overpaid. At my store the VML does almost nothing, except dress the mannequins, respond for front end backup or talk with the ETLs.
Yes they are. Ours makes more than most SrTLs who have been with target for 5-10 years. I think that is almost an insult to the SrTLs who have been with the company for a long time.

I'm currently in the process of interviewing for VM TL and while browsing this site saw someone mention they worked M-F in this position. I know that Target has set rotations for TLs schedules and am just wondering if there are any stores out there that allow their VM TL to work M-F or maybe only 1 weekend a month ?? Also saw one that said they worked only early mornings and no closing shifts. I would honestly take less pay if I could have my weekends off lol

Our VMTL just said hasta la vista, no two week notice.

The girl that got the position over me, a tm that store was telling me she doesn't trust her stylist team and does everything herself. Doesn't give the appropriate appreciation to her team. All me me me and not we we we. Yet I can't pass my bench interview for the same thing o_O

I can see why we have VMLs..

What I don't understand is why they're paid so well. From what I gather, VM and PM are both paid the same, and PMTs do a metric fuckton more than VMLs do.

EDIT: maybe other VMLs actually do things, but at the 4 stores I've worked at/helped at..the VMLs are glorified softlines TLs with far less responsibility.

I can see why we have VMLs..

What I don't understand is why they're paid so well. From what I gather, VM and PM are both paid the same, and PMTs do a metric fuckton more than VMLs do.

EDIT: maybe other VMLs actually do things, but at the 4 stores I've worked at/helped at..the VMLs are glorified softlines TLs with far less responsibility.

In my district VMTLs are required to have a four year degree in fashion/something related. All the ones my store hired make more than our SRTL despite no LOD shifts

In my district VMTLs are required to have a four year degree in fashion/something related. All the ones my store hired make more than our SRTL despite no LOD shifts

Would a four year degree in Graphic Design count? I can guarantee that I have taken as many Art courses as any Fashion Major.

Putting up all these CSE Graphic's a lot of which are terrible, is a salt in the wound to me.

So basically Target is rewarding people for having degrees that would otherwise be worthless unless the person with the degree is very good at what they do

So the job has existed for maybe a year and a half, how many have you had?

I wonder how many VMTLs that started in the early part of this thread are still with Target.
I started before the position was even posted online...and I plan on leaving before the end of the year. I have a strong feeling the position will be getting eliminated after they finish doing all their remodels.

I started before the position was even posted online...and I plan on leaving before the end of the year. I have a strong feeling the position will be getting eliminated after they finish doing all their remodels.

I highly doubt it. Brian is a big fan of the position to the point he put a VM in every store that didn't have a VMTL.

I think a lot of people will go before you guys do (aka etl log)

I highly doubt it. Brian is a big fan of the position to the point he put a VM in every store that didn't have a VMTL.

If ETL-LOG goes then who do they have as the ETL in charge of the backroom

I think the most important ETL to keep around with all these crazy logistics roll outs would be an ETL-LOG (if they have the experience). Maybe not ETL-LOG in name, but someone who oversees the various processes, ESPECIALLY if they are going to be carried out by whoever and whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back