1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Wage increases to $15 hour!!

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by Schmelba, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ringwraith917

Ringwraith917 Zone Police

ITT: People who were complaining that they don't get paid enough complain about a raise.

The only way I would leave because I'm getting $15/hr, is if I could start at $15/hr somewhere else with the same schedule I have, better benefits and more room for advancement. Not likely.

I'm excited we might have people competing to work here again, and do a great job so that can stick around.

2. EandE4Me

EandE4Me Guest

So is the electronics pay grade a done deal company-wide? I was told by my HR-ETL that she wouldn't know until Sunday, but that feels like some arbitrary day that my store set.

3. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Sunday is when everyone starts getting the new pay rate (where applicable).

4. EandE4Me

EandE4Me Guest

Ah okay, thanks. Sounds like we just aren't supposed to know yet then.

5. jb08045

jb08045 Team Leader

Maybe Costco, I heard good things but that's probably it unless it's a position like PMT

6. Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic Just another brick in the wall...

C'mon Spot, Gimme da loot! Gimme da loot!

7. 2448

2448 Guest

This is just to get good PR, $15/hr by 2020 will be a given at most big chain retail jobs. And with inflation, cost of living etc., etc..

soyaxo likes this.
  8. SmilesWI

SmilesWI Guest

So I was just hired and at my orientation my paperwork said $10 even though the Stl (I’m still learning acronyms - she is the highest person in the store) said $11. Will I get $11 after a certain date

9. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Scroll up.

HRZone likes this.
  10. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

You should have signed a job offer that clearly listed your pay. As long as that said $11 you should be fine.

11. BigEyedPhish

BigEyedPhish Sr. Team Leader

Well I am glad, you are in a different boat, than the legit 5% of us, (Legit the 5% of TM's that are at every beck and call to HQ's calling, before all others).
    I hope you still earn $15 3 years from now, so you can see how it feels.

signingminion and Mithrandir like this.
  12. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

To each their own. I spend too much time at work to work somewhere I am miserable.

Getting 40 hours at Target I'm willing to take slightly less pay for my happiness and sanity.

signingminion and Yetive like this.
  13. Backroom81

Backroom81 Team Leader

Virtually no one at my store, other than the senior TLs, gets 40 hours a week. Even our regular TLs are stuck at 32-35. The few that manage to do it only get it by watching the shift swap board like hawks.

I'll take my shitty 8-5 M-F knowing I don't have to worry about feeding my kids.

14. Malkiacera

Malkiacera New Team Member

Depending on their start date most of our hires are starting out at $10-$10.50 for these next few days then in the next week or so are getting bumped to $11

SmilesWI and HRZone like this.
  15. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Yeah that's not my dilemma at all. I make enough at Target to live comfortably and I don't have a bad commute. I understand you do what you gotta do but with choice I am happy I like my job.

16. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Kids put a different spin on things for sure.

17. Xanatos

Xanatos Barista

I had several years worth of raises wiped out when the base pay went up to $9. Then again when it went up to $10. Now again when it's going up to $11. The first two times, I had multiple years of EX merit raises completely gone and I was brought up to the bare minimum that everyone else made, even the ones who got the lowest raise. This time, I'll be making a whole $.14 more than people who just started, despite a couple more years of good raises. I've worked my ass off. I've worked at two stores and haven't met a team member who can compete with me in terms of productivity, dedication, and attitude. But you know what? These raises still increase my paycheck every week. Is it fair? Hell no. I should be making twice what some of these incompetent fools make. But I don't care about them. I care about my own wallet. Hopefully the higher wages will attract the occasional applicant with a triple digit IQ, but I'll keep busting my ass and keeping my store afloat until then because I like my job and they decided to increase my pay for no reason.

18. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

I can't wait to make what the new hires make!

My 3+ years were just practice...

19. SmilesWI

SmilesWI Guest

Thank you for your response.

20. SallyHoover

SallyHoover New Team Member

signingminion likes this.