Archived Wage increases to $15 hour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this! I am in a similar position. I came from working in corporate marketing career that was so
I wish more people really enjoyed their jobs - I have a least one cashier shift every two weeks or so and I don't know how you do it!! I think the cashier position is the most difficult job in the entire store..my hat is off to you dear..

Thank you!!

ITT: People who were complaining that they don't get paid enough complain about a raise.

The only way I would leave because I'm getting $15/hr, is if I could start at $15/hr somewhere else with the same schedule I have, better benefits and more room for advancement. Not likely.

I'm excited we might have people competing to work here again, and do a great job so that can stick around.

So is the electronics pay grade a done deal company-wide? I was told by my HR-ETL that she wouldn't know until Sunday, but that feels like some arbitrary day that my store set.

Sunday is when everyone starts getting the new pay rate (where applicable).

This is just to get good PR, $15/hr by 2020 will be a given at most big chain retail jobs. And with inflation, cost of living etc., etc..

So I was just hired and at my orientation my paperwork said $10 even though the Stl (I’m still learning acronyms - she is the highest person in the store) said $11. Will I get $11 after a certain date

So I was just hired and at my orientation my paperwork said $10 even though the Stl (I’m still learning acronyms - she is the highest person in the store) said $11. Will I get $11 after a certain date
You should have signed a job offer that clearly listed your pay. As long as that said $11 you should be fine.

ITT: People who were complaining that they don't get paid enough complain about a raise.

The only way I would leave because I'm getting $15/hr, is if I could start at $15/hr somewhere else with the same schedule I have, better benefits and more room for advancement. Not likely.

I'm excited we might have people competing to work here again, and do a great job so that can stick around.
Well I am glad, you are in a different boat, than the legit 5% of us, (Legit the 5% of TM's that are at every beck and call to HQ's calling, before all others).
I hope you still earn $15 3 years from now, so you can see how it feels.

I despise my main job but I will gladly take income security over having to scrounge and beg for enough hours to pay my rent.

To each their own. I spend too much time at work to work somewhere I am miserable.

Getting 40 hours at Target I'm willing to take slightly less pay for my happiness and sanity.

To each their own. I spend too much time at work to work somewhere I am miserable.

Getting 40 hours at Target I'm willing to take slightly less pay for my happiness and sanity.

Virtually no one at my store, other than the senior TLs, gets 40 hours a week. Even our regular TLs are stuck at 32-35. The few that manage to do it only get it by watching the shift swap board like hawks.

I'll take my shitty 8-5 M-F knowing I don't have to worry about feeding my kids.

Depending on their start date most of our hires are starting out at $10-$10.50 for these next few days then in the next week or so are getting bumped to $11

Virtually no one at my store, other than the senior TLs, gets 40 hours a week. Even our regular TLs are stuck at 32-35. The few that manage to do it only get it by watching the shift swap board like hawks.

I'll take my shitty 8-5 M-F knowing I don't have to worry about feeding my kids.

Yeah that's not my dilemma at all. I make enough at Target to live comfortably and I don't have a bad commute. I understand you do what you gotta do but with choice I am happy I like my job.

Well I am glad, you are in a different boat, than the legit 5% of us, (Legit the 5% of TM's that are at every beck and call to HQ's calling, before all others).
I hope you still earn $15 3 years from now, so you can see how it feels.
I had several years worth of raises wiped out when the base pay went up to $9. Then again when it went up to $10. Now again when it's going up to $11. The first two times, I had multiple years of EX merit raises completely gone and I was brought up to the bare minimum that everyone else made, even the ones who got the lowest raise. This time, I'll be making a whole $.14 more than people who just started, despite a couple more years of good raises. I've worked my ass off. I've worked at two stores and haven't met a team member who can compete with me in terms of productivity, dedication, and attitude. But you know what? These raises still increase my paycheck every week. Is it fair? Hell no. I should be making twice what some of these incompetent fools make. But I don't care about them. I care about my own wallet. Hopefully the higher wages will attract the occasional applicant with a triple digit IQ, but I'll keep busting my ass and keeping my store afloat until then because I like my job and they decided to increase my pay for no reason.

I can't wait to make what the new hires make!

My 3+ years were just practice...[/QUOTE, ]
I am looking at 5 years on December 1 and with the exception of the first year where I met expectations, I have always exceeded expectation. I am currently at $10.55. Go Target.

I had several years worth of raises wiped out when the base pay went up to $9. Then again when it went up to $10. Now again when it's going up to $11. The first two times, I had multiple years of EX merit raises completely gone and I was brought up to the bare minimum that everyone else made, even the ones who got the lowest raise. This time, I'll be making a whole $.14 more than people who just started, despite a couple more years of good raises. I've worked my ass off. I've worked at two stores and haven't met a team member who can compete with me in terms of productivity, dedication, and attitude. But you know what? These raises still increase my paycheck every week. Is it fair? Hell no. I should be making twice what some of these incompetent fools make. But I don't care about them. I care about my own wallet. Hopefully the higher wages will attract the occasional applicant with a triple digit IQ, but I'll keep busting my ass and keeping my store afloat until then because I like my job and they decided to increase my pay for no reason.
I like this 1,000 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back