Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you can't even walk back there most days, they are so worried about having consecutive days of the trucks being done that they don't break down anything or crush the boxes.. Yet they still scatter boxes (both empty and ones still full of stuff) throughout the store because they have to "get it done" and the boxes are never done so we come in and it's like that everyday. I try to break it down but can't do anything once the baler/compactor is full because I don't have keys.

Last edited:
Yeah you can't even walk back there most days, they are so worried about having consecutive days of the trucks being done that they don't break down anything or crush the boxes.. Yet they still scatter boxes (both empty and ones still full of stuff) throughout the store because they have to "get it done" and the boxes are never done so we come in and it's like that everyday. I try to break it down but can't do anything once the baler/compactor is full because I don't have keys.

This is where spot needs to learn they are stepping over dollars to pick up pennies. They quit breaking boxes so they can finish, they get out but everyone else has to spend time cleaning up the mess when a couple hours collectively would leave a clean store.

And you are doing right, clean up what you can. It all helps.

This is where spot needs to learn they are stepping over dollars to pick up pennies. They quit breaking boxes so they can finish, they get out but everyone else has to spend time cleaning up the mess when a couple hours collectively would leave a clean store.

And you are doing right, clean up what you can. It all helps.

I know it's just crazy :oops:

Then we let BR know a bale needs to be made... And they get to it when they can...? Not sure what else you think we can do. Get a fairy to make it magically poof?

The issue, is I know what happens when you ask BR to make bales, they ignore it till you drag them to do it.. and the closer routinely just ignores to the point, well I had to do this and this and that, and this and drags those tasks out so they don't have to create a bale.

I made bales from the moment I was "trained" to stuff cardboard in that baler...

Oh the LOD or the BR TM gave me a key to crush the bailer so that makes me responsible for making a bail? Umm no.. And PER ETL LOG AND OPS BAILS ARE MADE BY BACKROOM/OVERNIGHT PERIOD!!!!

SO MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN BAIL!!!!!

YES! :mad:

You FILL IT YOU BALE IT! Period. If you are the last person to put cardboard in and it is full when crushed and you have the key. You bale it.

This I'll stuff it and stuff it and crush and crush and then walk away is what causes problems getting bales made, ie: can't get the bailing wires through, overstuffed bales which potentially are a hazard, requiring extra bailing wire, extra time....

If you have the key, even if handed to you, and its full when you crush, YOU BALE IT! With that key comes responsibilities, one of them is MAKING A BALE.

View attachment 1980 Flow exhibit a... That's just one area in the back room there's about ten more bins full of boxes not broken down.

That is a Flow TL and ETL-LOG and TRAINING ISSUE... Boxes are BROKEN DOWN FLAT. Period. Even the chem ones... we just discussed this some place else here... Absolutely no unbroken down boxes allowed. FLAT FLAT. You just waste cages.. and at least we don't have enough as it is.

And you've got banana boxes in there.. NO! They should be going to the Donate Rack in the cooler if you have it, and/or RECVR for donations since it requires "food grade boxes" if you have the donation process... otherwise broken down.

Repacks... Unless damaged.. should be going to the RECVR for reuse and/or sweep.

Flow should have some assigned to baler duty, mine starts right after they finish up in Chem/Pets as by that time the Market, Chem/Pets, HBA, Middle/Plug cages are either full or close to it and they have enough to keep them busy for a while.. they still drag this out... but they are being dragged along to speed this up.. since the one trying to "bleed" hours out of this was reassigned to another task and now splits we several other TM's to do cardboard.

And leaving the key in and/or to the point of "wearing out the switch" it will stay on, is exactly what just got the the attention of ETL's/STL around here.. and close scrutiny of the baler and it use...

Yeah I just ignore him now lol
Yep, most times now I just scroll down past the lengthy Gospel according to the MasterOfLog.

And, for someone who is so "brand" about everything, he sure does a lot of complaining about his store. If he and his team are as good as he says he is a 6A Flow start time shouldn't be a problem for them.

A couple years ago we had a etl log who wouldn't give the flow team breaks. IF they came up to him or the flow team lead and asked about a break they were told that you need to work four hours to get one . So if they were persistent about a break , he would push them out the door at 3 hours 45 minutes or just as close to four hours as he could. Why? He was once overheard ( after walking through the breakroom and the flow team was on break) that it made him mad to see his team on break cause that was wasted payroll. The stl knew what he was doing yet did nothing. People started calling the hotline. Needless to say after that the flow got their breaks every shift

A couple years ago we had a etl log who wouldn't give the flow team breaks. IF they came up to him or the flow team lead and asked about a break they were told that you need to work four hours to get one . So if they were persistent about a break , he would push them out the door at 3 hours 45 minutes or just as close to four hours as he could. Why? He was once overheard ( after walking through the breakroom and the flow team was on break) that it made him mad to see his team on break cause that was wasted payroll. The stl knew what he was doing yet did nothing. People started calling the hotline. Needless to say after that the flow got their breaks every shift

That guy is a piece of shit. Anyone who knew about that and did nothing is a piece of shit. Shit like that is why art degrees don't mean fuck all in a management position. Eat dicks, ETL's who only got the job because of an unrelated degree.

Although I could be wrong, I thought at one time he said that his State didn't require the 15 minute breaks.

Store policy still is that breaks are given and spot could get sued for discrimination if policy says they are to be given breaks and they are not. "Why do all other spot employees get breaks but we don't? Also why are we not being paid that extra 15 for working through the breaks?"

Re read, slowly... Supporting the team is not my problem ie, not the issue. My team supports the store, and other teams... As if my TM didn't want hours there would be NO IS, BR, PC, CA, FA, Market, and just about any other coverage for CO, NCNS, VAC etc..

I have read through a number of your lengthy posts, and here is a quote from one:

We do not handle "fast service," call boxes, or anything else SF, unless a guest were to come up to a TM and ask.

From the following post:

Flow Schedule that works

-- Answering fast service calls supports the store and the guests.

I love walking 1/2 the length of the store, and past flow as I get a fast service call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back