Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the better thing to do is to leave the spot empty. That way it's easier to push when the correct product comes in, but more importantly - the instocks team can see that there is an out and scan it. Take the wrong item out and leave it out.
I'd prefer that do but if sales floor is just going to flex product that's on the floor into other spots, id rather the flow do it to keep the backroom less cluttered

Flow is the most active team, in such a short duration of time

/thread

115i7d.jpg

I'd prefer that do but if sales floor is just going to flex product that's on the floor into other spots, id rather the flow do it to keep the backroom less cluttered

Your backroom is where the clutter should be! It is not the showroom that the salesfloor is. You have it backwards.

My "team" sucks. Pog sets wrong, pricing doesn't try to find anything, and the pptl had me setting two person signs alone.

I'm trained for each piece of the process: flow, salesfloor, instocks, pog, pricing, cashier, backroom. But even most team leads have only a passive understanding of how those interlock. Srtl/etl need to train the entire process to see how their poor choices effect the store.

I have never understood why every ETL and most especially the STL's haven't at the very least worked every position in the store for a month or so.
You do not understand the how the store works if you don't work the positions and see the complexities, the subtleties, of the job.
How the hell are you going to manage a store if you've only ever worked SL or sat in an office?
If you can't set a pog or push a truck, you shouldn't be able to be an STL and most definitely the ETL of the department.
When I ran kitchens I knew I could do every persons job there from top to bottom, maybe not as fast or efficiently as they could, but I could step in if needed.
In my current job, I don't have the education that the counselors have (some of them have doctorate degrees) but they will come out and talk through difficult cases because they know I've seen every aspect of it and know the ins and outs.

That said, in my limited time, I noticed the best STLs came from LOG.
They seem to have a better handle of the ebb and flow, the priorities, of the store then the former HR ETL, etc.

If they can push/flex the CORRECT way, then by all means, do it. I can be free to do other stuff that I need to do. But most of the time, most of the flow tms doesn't know and/or doesn't care. That adds time to my workload to fix their mistakes. I know some of the flow tms in my store are amazing and they are hard workers but I also saw many who are just the opposite.

More than a week ago, I was pushing Mclanes and saw a trainer pushing in the same aisle with her trainee a few feet away. The location of the item she is pushing is already full to the brim. I told her, "Hey, that's already full. Go to the 2nd location." and pointed to the back endcap of the same aisle. This is a SF trainer!

Same week, I saw a product pushed to the next empty location to it, not the entire empty location, just half of it. I just superzoned (checked if items are in correct location, take out overstocked items, clean and pushed everything to front, labels checked) the aisle that morning so I know. I asked the person who was pushing if he was the one who pushed the item. He said, yes. I said, "It's not supposed to be there." and proceeded to give him the overstocked items. He took them back. This is someone in a position way above me and also this is a few days before our store inventory.

Another situation, this one was back in January. I was pushing beverage and had to superzone 5 complete shelves in a 4 ft section because I couldn't push the item I was pushing bec the location has a different item. I can't push that 2nd item into its correct location because there is something else in there. These are 5-packs 6-pack boxes of beverages. It took me about 15 to 30, if not an hour to fix those shelves and got an almost full red bin of true backstock. I was pretty sure it was a flow tm bec I have watched him push items in his assigned aisles. I just assumed he was pushing correctly.

These are just examples of overstocking, wrong push that I have witnessed.

Last edited:
The only complaint I have about flow team is that when there's free food in the break room, flow will stampede through it like wild animals, boxes ripped open in all manner of ways, food crumbs and whatnot all over the table, like, shit.

I understand that coming to work at 4 almost every day is a bitch and yes they do a whole shitload of manual labor
But that does not entitle them to be slobs.

P.S. flexing product into any open spot creates so many problems, I'm not even going to acknowledge the pro-flex argument.

Just one? I have my cart I use for legit reshop and sbux cups I find EVERYWHERE and my box and printer. I drag out a tub first thing and I alone will fill it with backstock in under an hour from the truck. Then I make sure now to have one on the floor at all time we are scanning so we can just dump BS into.. Pisses off the ETL who wants a clean floor but that just can't happen.
I would probably have more but I am only supposed to shoot RIGs :mad: (and I'll Research a side cap or End Cap if that is the only task in the aisle). If I were allowed to do the systematic Research like we are suppose to I, too would have more.:(

There was a saying when I started at Target on the Flow Team:

As goes Flow, so goes the store.

Since Flow handles so much product (i.e., truck unload, Autofills) they set the store up for success or failure.

If the Flow team is not strong, then the other teams in the store have t0 try and correct for them.

If the Flow team is strong the other teams can concentrate on their own tasks, and a great Flow team can even help the other teams with those tasks.

A strong Flow team can even compensate for a store where the other teams are weak.

However, even if all of the other store teams are strong, they won't be able to compensate for a weak Flow team.

Then, of course, ALL teams need to have the minimum needed hours and TMs to do a good job in their areas. And, at my store that isn't currently happening.

Your backroom is where the clutter should be! It is not the showroom that the salesfloor is. You have it backwards.

Oh, how I wished that were true. Our ETL would squawk any time I brought back any backstock. We would actually have to wait until she wasn't there and take it back. She would rather have it all on the floor in the wrong spot than put any extras in back.

Oh, how I wished that were true. Our ETL would squawk any time I brought back any backstock. We would actually have to wait until she wasn't there and take it back. She would rather have it all on the floor in the wrong spot than put any extras in back.

I know but your store looks like shit.

I know but your store looks like shit.
Well, it didn't matter if we couldn't find things, or prices were wrong or guests were angry/confused...as long as we didn't dare take anything to the back, it was fine.

One of many things I don't miss.

This is why flow hates other teams lol

For pointing out issues with the workcenter? We do the exact same thing with virtually every other workcenter. The only difference being that when flow fucks up, it affects almost every other aspect of the store, while the same can't be said for most other workcenters.

You bring the hate on yourselves.. Be better, smarter and we might cut you some slack.. when you are shown your teams crap work, your advice for me was to skip it.

Your arguments are weak, work ethic weaker.
Flow isn't my team. I'm a brtm. You guys shit on flow but always fail to mention all sftm do is walk around in circles leaving their unbroken trash the compactor with backstock still into. They are actually costing the store money and cause shortage. I don't want to hear how flow destroys the store because they stacked 5 towles in a 3 towels space when salesfloors leaves them mixed in with the trash lmao

Flow isn't my team. I'm a brtm. You guys shit on flow but always fail to mention all sftm do is walk around in circles leaving their unbroken trash the compactor with backstock still into. They are actually costing the store money and cause shortage. I don't want to hear how flow destroys the store because they stacked 5 towles in a 3 towels space when salesfloors leaves them mixed in with the trash lmao

I have never, ever seen a SFTM put their backstock into the baler, if that's what you mean. If anything, we generate a lot of shortage during the unload process where TMs are too lazy to deal with defectives and just stash the defective product into the nearby steel.

lol @ salesgfloor even attempting to throw trash away

Just today I had a guest pull and the sftm simply unboxed the quiltset and told me to throw their trash away

They are usless in my store and thats why morning sftms are being replaced by flow lol

SF needs the MyDevices to figure out what the hell Flow did. I had to beg for a MyDevice just yesterday to fix cosmetics because I went in and had to remember if ELF was getting another reset just a month after the last one. All the products were pushed in the wrong places COMPLETELY, and I needed a device to fix it. Know whose device I took? The girl from Flow who was scanning every product then disregarding the location it said and putting it anywhere. You guys don't get equipment because you don't USE it. SF gets it so they can fix problems on the floor.
Preach girl. Being instocks i have to fix flow's many fuck ups.

Heh, that being said, regarding MyDevices and flow, I'm convinced that certain flow members use the device to find out where not to put an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back