Archived Walked past flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to hear how flow destroys the store because they stacked 5 towles in a 3 towels space when salesfloors leaves them mixed in with the trash lmao
Usually that's not an issue because we can just change the capacities. I have issues with my flow team because they choose push overstock into wrong locations on the floor instead of wacos. Or they just flat out stock things in the wrong place because they already misplaced something else in the home location the day before. My flow team sucks, and they are praised for it. And I think I speak for the majority of people on this forum when I say that.

Our flow team isn't top tier or anything, and we definitely have a few people who slack or call out all the time- but on the other side of that our core team is full of hard workers and much better than our day side team.

But all stores are different.

Flow isn't my team. I'm a brtm. You guys shit on flow but always fail to mention all sftm do is walk around in circles leaving their unbroken trash the compactor with backstock still into. They are actually costing the store money and cause shortage. I don't want to hear how flow destroys the store because they stacked 5 towles in a 3 towels space when salesfloors leaves them mixed in with the trash lmao

I agree with you when sftm do that shit. In my store you leave a tub with trash and product by the baler you get a stern coaching. Not allowed ever!

Keep your shop clean! I was raised your tools and shop are your most important things, keep them working and you keep working.

PS I call BR all the time when the bailer needs a crush, if I have keys I just crush it. If it is getting close I let you guys know so you can make time to make a bale.. No I don't make bales, not trained nor something I would want to do. And I appreciate you guys who do.

As someone who started on Flow and is now primarily BR I can definitely agree that Flow can annihilate a pretty simple process. That being said, the turnover is insane (at least in my store) and we're constantly understaffed by ~5 Flow TMs (although we've been down about ~10 Flow TMs before)

Morale is terrible and my team is full of kids in their early twenties who just want to drag their feet and talk sports all day. I've seen some of them work hard and be truly effective TMs, but it's as though they realize the system is broken, so they just don't care.

It would help if leadership acknowledged the problems we were up against, but they opt to pretend as if those problems don't exist when they talk to TMs. If leadership ever said "hey, we're really, really short-staffed right now. I know that puts extra stress on you guys, but we still have to get through this truck" that'd be one thing. Instead, they just keep barking the same orders, regardless of the circumstances. Flow TMs hear the exact same thing whether we're fully staffed or down 10 TMs...they're expected to hit the same time goals. Obviously that's totally unrealistic.

The fact that leadership expects a Flow team of 10 people to meet the same goals as a team of 20 is insane. TMs quickly realize that the TL is spewing nonsense, and they basically just tune everything out and coast.

I'm not condoning it- as a Flow TM who worked my ass off, and as a BRTM who deals with the consequences of Flow's laziness it drives me crazy, but at the same time I can understand why Flow sucks at my store.

Flow isn't my team. I'm a brtm. You guys shit on flow but always fail to mention all sftm do is walk around in circles leaving their unbroken trash the compactor with backstock still into. They are actually costing the store money and cause shortage. I don't want to hear how flow destroys the store because they stacked 5 towles in a 3 towels space when salesfloors leaves them mixed in with the trash lmao
If i counted how much product is left in carts of trash/ cardboard from flow vs salesfloor it would be 10:1. Salesfloor is expected to take care of their own trash/ cardboard. As are most specialty teams most of the time. Only flow has someone who works through the cages of cardboard and carts of trash. They leave broken, not broken, leaking...wherever.

lol @ salesgfloor even attempting to throw trash away

Just today I had a guest pull and the sftm simply unboxed the quiltset and told me to throw their trash away

They are usless in my store and thats why morning sftms are being replaced by flow lol
I am SF. I flatten and crush my own cardboard and I often will do other people's shit when they leave it blocking the baler. I will tell other TM's that BR has enough shit to do and just crush their own shit. The key is always in the baler at my store so people don't have an excuse.

If i counted how much product is left in carts of trash/ cardboard from flow vs salesfloor it would be 10:1. Salesfloor is expected to take care of their own trash/ cardboard. As are most specialty teams most of the time. Only flow has someone who works through the cages of cardboard and carts of trash. They leave broken, not broken, leaking...wherever.
They ALWAYS leave broken product in boxes in carts in the BR all the time. Spills are left for the cart attendant the next day.

As someone who started on Flow and is now primarily BR I can definitely agree that Flow can annihilate a pretty simple process. That being said, the turnover is insane (at least in my store) and we're constantly understaffed by ~5 Flow TMs (although we've been down about ~10 Flow TMs before)

Morale is terrible and my team is full of kids in their early twenties who just want to drag their feet and talk sports all day. I've seen some of them work hard and be truly effective TMs, but it's as though they realize the system is broken, so they just don't care.

It would help if leadership acknowledged the problems we were up against, but they opt to pretend as if those problems don't exist when they talk to TMs. If leadership ever said "hey, we're really, really short-staffed right now. I know that puts extra stress on you guys, but we still have to get through this truck" that'd be one thing. Instead, they just keep barking the same orders, regardless of the circumstances. Flow TMs hear the exact same thing whether we're fully staffed or down 10 TMs...they're expected to hit the same time goals. Obviously that's totally unrealistic.

The fact that leadership expects a Flow team of 10 people to meet the same goals as a team of 20 is insane. TMs quickly realize that the TL is spewing nonsense, and they basically just tune everything out and coast.

I'm not condoning it- as a Flow TM who worked my ass off, and as a BRTM who deals with the consequences of Flow's laziness it drives me crazy, but at the same time I can understand why Flow sucks at my store.

your are my new best friend in the entire red and Khaki universe. and if this topic of bash flow ever comes up again and we all know it will can this post get automatically posted as the first reply??

The only complaint I have about flow team is that when there's free food in the break room, flow will stampede through it like wild animals, boxes ripped open in all manner of ways, food crumbs and whatnot all over the table, like, shit.

I understand that coming to work at 4 almost every day is a bitch and yes they do a whole shitload of manual labor
But that does not entitle them to be slobs.

P.S. flexing product into any open spot creates so many problems, I'm not even going to acknowledge the pro-flex argument.

Kinda like how ours rips open boxes from trucks and leaves them all over the store for us to find lol

I think I'm a rare breed of sales floor TM, I always break down boxes and load them into the compactor and I'm usually back there breaking down everything flow left behind because I know in a few hours no one will be able to get back there and it makes it easier on the back room team members. It's just basic common sense and courtesy to think about how everything will effect other work flows and team members.

Edit @brizzy93 is also a rare breed :p

I think I'm a rare breed of sales floor TM, I always break down boxes and load them into the compactor and I'm usually back there breaking down everything flow left behind because I know in a few hours no one will be able to get back there and it makes it easier on the back room team members. It's just basic common sense and courtesy to think about how everything will effect other work flows and team members.

Edit @brizzy93 is also a rare breed :p
The BR TMs at my store appreciate it and always tell me not to worry about it, but if the cardboard just sits there, then everyone thinks the baler is full lmao. I can't just leave it

I'm constantly doing stuff like that, and I may just be a lowly salesfloor guy, but I'll be damned if I let the store go to Hell, where I can help it.

I'm going to sound cliche, but we're all called team members for a reason.
We're a fucking team. We need to work together to make the best for everyone.
So much of Target (maybe even retail in general) seems to function under the mindset of oh, it's not my job, I won't touch it, or well I'll just leave it for the next person to take care of, not my problem
And those are both just complete bullshit.

I'm on flow and my team breaks their ass every single day. We have to as out TL and ETL demand that we all be rock stars at our positions. It's to the point where we often help Plano, market, and front end after we finish our truck, yet no one helps us at all. The only thing we get is trash talking from other teams as they stand around doing nothing, wondering why their hours got cut.

I'm on flow and my team breaks their ass every single day. We have to as out TL and ETL demand that we all be rock stars at our positions. It's to the point where we often help Plano, market, and front end after we finish our truck, yet no one helps us at all. The only thing we get is trash talking from other teams as they stand around doing nothing, wondering why their hours got cut.

Hmmm... where I have heard and read this, and lived this before... hmmmmm.... :) :) ;) :) ;)

I am SF. I flatten and crush my own cardboard and I often will do other people's shit when they leave it blocking the baler. I will tell other TM's that BR has enough shit to do and just crush their own shit. The key is always in the baler at my store so people don't have an excuse.

Well the baler is under tight control, and even tighter of recent... BR, RECVR, Trash Keys, ETL, TLLOG, SrTL have keys, thats it.. and leaving them in ... Oh no... Like I said things were recently tightened up here due to a related issue in re baler...

And thats all great that you might... but.. devils advocate.. IF the baler is locked, ie: takes the key to crush.. when its full what happens?? SF. POG, IS just piles up the cardboard, vendors see that and pile up their shit! :mad: Then lets see SF at night fills the baler, and then just leaves it for Flow to deal with... Can't count the number of times this happens, matter of fact it would be easier to count the number of times the baler is empty as it should be when we come in.

Thats great, BUT if the baler is full and under BP it takes a key to run, and key removed after complete ... so you come back there and its full no room??? Now what???

Well I can tell you what happens. TM's just pile it up, and walk away.

The only complaint I have about flow team is that when there's free food in the break room, flow will stampede through it like wild animals, boxes ripped open in all manner of ways, food crumbs and whatnot all over the table, like, shit.

It doesn't matter, what team.. any time we have food the same speech is given regardless of teams the synopsis:

Your mom doesn't work here! CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

P.S. flexing product into any open spot creates so many problems, I'm not even going to acknowledge the pro-flex argument.

THIS! THIS! I will acknowledge it, and I am to the point I am going to have a gulag reeducation process on this! :mad:

Zoning/Fronting != FLEX!!!!

I call BR all the time when the bailer needs a crush, if I have keys I just crush it. If it is getting close I let you guys know so you can make time to make a bale.. No I don't make bales, not trained nor something I would want to do. And I appreciate you guys who do.

If YOU HAVE KEYS! Then YOU MAKE BALES! Period! Otherwise you should not have the key! :mad:

Last edited:
Thats great, BUT if the baler is full and under BP it takes a key to run, and key removed after complete ... so you come back there and its full no room??? Now what???

Then we let BR know a bale needs to be made... And they get to it when they can...? Not sure what else you think we can do. Get a fairy to make it magically poof?

Hmmm... where I have heard and read this, and lived this before... hmmmmm.... :) :) ;) :) ;)

Well the baler is under tight control, and even tighter of recent... BR, RECVR, Trash Keys, ETL, TLLOG, SrTL have keys, thats it.. and leaving them in ... Oh no... Like I said things were recently tightened up here due to a related issue in re baler...

And thats all great that you might... but.. devils advocate.. IF the baler is locked, ie: takes the key to crush.. when its full what happens?? SF. POG, IS just piles up the cardboard, vendors see that and pile up their shit! :mad: Then lets see SF at night fills the baler, and then just leaves it for Flow to deal with... Can't count the number of times this happens, matter of fact it would be easier to count the number of times the baler is empty as it should be when we come in.

It doesn't matter, what team.. any time we have food the same speech is given regardless of teams the synopsis:

Your mom doesn't work here! CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

THIS! THIS! I will acknowledge it, and I am to the point I am going to have a gulag reeducation process on this! :mad:

Zoning/Fronting != FLEX!!!!

If YOU HAVE KEYS! Then YOU MAKE BALES! Period! Otherwise you should not have the key! :mad:

Right because it's already full from flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back