Archived Walmart workers getting paid before payday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Walghetto had to stop being a 24 hr store... now they close at midnight.

Panhandlers (and worse) all over the lot after dark.

Target has significantly better benefits, is better staffed and has a cleaner store. We attract better clientele (Not saying much). Target also offers much better job security than Wal-Mart.
Target isn't better staffed, all the HRTMs are on registers 80 percent of their shift while flow and friends leave at 230 at latest

Also Walmart makes way more than Target per store which means more hours for TMs.

Walmart is also cleaner. Darker colors instore shows less dirt. No one really cares about a super zoned store

Whoops, meant HLTMS lmao. My HR never cashiers either. Too busy making the seasonal calendar or something

My store does curbside pickup. And is a helluva lot nicer than the nearby Walmart, and does actually staff the lanes with cashiers and has people on the sales floor (unlike the Walmart). ASANTS, indeed.

Target isn't better staffed, all the HRTMs are on registers 80 percent of their shift while flow and friends leave at 230 at latest

Nope. I have literally waited in line 7 minutes at wal mart. At Target if there is ever more than one person in front of you in line they're supposed to get a backup cashier.

That is a convenience to the guests, should they need to wait to give us money?

Also Walmart makes way more than Target per store which means more hours for TMs.

Nope, if you go to wal mart there is rarely anyone on the floor to help you. Just because they make more than us doesn't mean they invest it in payroll.

No one really cares about a super zoned store."

And this is why you'll never do anything more than make bales and throw away cardboard. You don't know anything about a successful business.

Last edited:
Nope. I have literally waited in line 7 minutes at wal mart. At Target because of backup cashiers you can get in and out quickly. That is a convenience to the guests why should they wait to give us money?

Nope, if you go to wal mart there is rarely anyone on the floor to help you. Just because they make more than us doesn't mean they invest it in payroll. That money goes in the waltons pockets.

HaHahhahahahhahahahhaha
1. Use self checkout at Walmart
2. lol who needs help, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the oatmeal unlike for target get
3. laugh all are you want but no one cares. I never go into a store and wonder, "gee, it's not zoned in here, I'll never shop here again"

Walmart has a bigger selection and they are cheaper. That's all it takes to make them better

The reason people shop at wal mart is the rock bottom prices that's it...

Yup.

They do have sections Target doesn't (fabric/crafting is the main one I've used, in a pinch) but overall the quality is higher at Target and staffing of checklanes does make a huge difference when it's busy. Had to go to a Walmart the night before T'giving (no Target within an hour of where we were staying) and OMG. They had maybe 3 checklanes staffed, out of many more--why bother to even have that many lanes if you can't be arsed to staff them the night before fucking Thanksgiving when grocery doesn't really get much busier?

If anything Target is closer to Kmart than Walmart will ever be. Walmart is always buying in adding instore while Target keeps trying to find ways to pile more work on less TMs. They are already trying to get rid of all the logistics TMs

If anything Target is closer to Kmart than Walmart will ever be. Walmart is always buying in adding instore while Target keeps trying to find ways to pile more work on less TMs. They are already trying to get rid of all the logistics TMs

When end-to-end comes to hardlines, you will really feel the pinch.

If E2E hasn't hit my store yet, does that mean we've dodged that bullet?

Oh I'm absolutely aware when a store looks like crap with product just thrown on shelves and clothing crammed into the sales floor space. Even before I worked at Target, I rarely went to Walmart largely because it is such a mess, never staffed and just the general vibe it gives off.

My PPTL wants to go to Walmart because they have no standards and therefore less stress.
94104620f6c17df022ec9c23624450606f7f954dae78d4c38ecc23ce828dd06c.jpg

3343.jpg

Walmart has even more stress than we do simply because it looks like it has no standards. worked there 3 yrs not ever returning.

I agree with you on this. Target is dumb putting people in the backroom who have no business back there.

The problem with letting softlines team members in the backroom (exception to people like @Doglover89 and @Jenna120) is they have no pride in the backroom because they spend the majority on the floor.

Backroom team members took pride in doing sweeps, setting the line, and clearing backstock because it gave them more room to breathe the backroom was THEIR area.

Too many cooks in the kitchen Target.

And yeah most stores who tried end to end full on with essentials rolled it back. You need a flow team to some extent.

Lol people mad at Walmart because they are better and pays more

No, no it isn't.

Walmart is the third world of retail. The stores are messy and disorganized, the staff is severely underpaid, management doesn't give a fuck, the CEO is a rat bastard. Oh, and the clothing is absolute crap that will fall apart after two washings.

So thanks troll, but no thanks.

No, no it isn't.

Walmart is the third world of retail. The stores are messy and disorganized, the staff is severely underpaid, management doesn't give a fuck, the CEO is a rat bastard. Oh, and the clothing is absolute crap that will fall apart after two washings.

I'd not bring up CEO. Steinhafel was a combination of a train wreck and dumpster fire.

No, no it isn't.

Sorry but target has all of that too. Yeah the stores are cleaner but they are also smaller. Walmart has better everything else. I can buy fish and rims in the same store.

You can't at Target

My complaint with Target, too.

Just not enough selection!

I agree with you on this. Target is dumb putting people in the backroom who have no business back there.

The problem with letting softlines team members in the backroom (exception to people like @Doglover89 and @Jenna120) is they have no pride in the backroom because they spend the majority on the floor.

Backroom team members took pride in doing sweeps, setting the line, and clearing backstock because it gave them more room to breathe the backroom was THEIR area.

Too many cooks in the kitchen Target.

And yeah most stores who tried end to end full on with essentials rolled it back. You need a flow team to some extent.

My store has been fully E2E for months and it's hated by almost every low level TM in the store. Our backroom has been an unmitigated disaster the entire season and we have not come clean on a truck once in months. I don't even want to think about the number of hours flushed down the toilet digging through unworked freight to fill a SFS or OPU or the lost sales from product not being on the floor.

Almost 20 years at my store and that was, by far, the worst fourth quarter I have ever seen. Having been a backroom TL, I get angry just walking through the back doors now.

My store has been fully E2E for months and it's hated by almost every low level TM in the store. Our backroom has been an unmitigated disaster the entire season and we have not come clean on a truck once in months. I don't even want to think about the number of hours flushed down the toilet digging through unworked freight to fill a SFS or OPU or the lost sales from product not being on the floor.

Almost 20 years at my store and that was, by far, the worst fourth quarter I have ever seen. Having been a backroom TL, I get angry just walking through the back doors now.

I've actually encountered worse. Back in the days of 3 truck nights and 70 exterior storage containers, nearly 100 pallets of backstock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back