Archived Was I let go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not on the schedule at all for this week. I can't even find my name. Thing is that I wasn't ever officially told I was let go from my seasonal hire or if they wanted to keep me. Should I just ask about it or am I supposed to take the hint?

Definitely ask about it. They're supposed to tell you if they aren't keeping you but communication has never been one of Spot's strong points.

Not being on the schedule, though- that's not a good sign.

I wouldn't put it past Spot to break the news to someone like that. However, I would ask someone....just to make sure. There could had been a glitch with the schedule ( it has happened in my store before) .IF they tell you that they are not keeping you , I would express to whomever you talk to that they could and should have let you known in a different manner.

Did you check & see if you are at the end of the list?
I was. What does that mean?
Literally a second after I posted this, my ETL called me and asked me if I wanted to pick up some shifts for this week and I said yes. So I guess I still have a job for now. Interestingly enough, I picked up some shifts for days that were after my supposed seasonal end date: January 15th. I hope they let me know if I'm being kept or not so I can make arrangements for another job if I have to.

We had a HLTM who wasn't being kept, but the LOD didn't want to tell her on Sunday. She claimed she "forgot" but had earlier told me that the girl had asked her and she hated that awkward conversation of saying the TM would be told later in the week, knowing full well she wasn't being kept.

Anyway, after the one LOD chickened out on Sunday, they discovered that the girl didn't work again until Saturday...thus they had to try and catch her the second she came in and hope she didn't come in earlier to check the schedule and not see her name on the schedule.

Good job, team. Oy.

We had a HLTM who wasn't being kept, but the LOD didn't want to tell her on Sunday. She claimed she "forgot" but had earlier told me that the girl had asked her and she hated that awkward conversation of saying the TM would be told later in the week, knowing full well she wasn't being kept.

Anyway, after the one LOD chickened out on Sunday, they discovered that the girl didn't work again until Saturday...thus they had to try and catch her the second she came in and hope she didn't come in earlier to check the schedule and not see her name on the schedule.

Good job, team. Oy.

I so hope they wrote up whichever ETL it was who 'forgot'.
You can't be a boss and not be able to give hard news.
It's not freaking fun at all but it is part of your damned job.

Good job, team. Oy.
That is just sad and speaks volumes of Spots leaders

Did you check & see if you are at the end of the list?
I was. What does that mean?
Literally a second after I posted this, my ETL called me and asked me if I wanted to pick up some shifts for this week and I said yes. So I guess I still have a job for now. Interestingly enough, I picked up some shifts for days that were after my supposed seasonal end date: January 15th. I hope they let me know if I'm being kept or not so I can make arrangements for another job if I have to.

It's possible your ETL may have become aware of your lack of hours after the fact and that's why they called you about picking up shifts.

Well apparently I'm being kept on. One of my co-workers asked a GSA about who was staying and he said that he knew of three cashiers that were definitely being kept and I was in that three.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back