Water pallets

Yea any equipment will tip or almost tip if making a quick sharp turn. Even a tugger which is a very small equipment. As long as the person driving the equipment isn't taking sharp turns at full speed there is a very low probability for that to happen especially if the load is low to the ground. Reaches are straddle type equipment so the outward feet help keep it balanced. Now when you start raising the forks thats where things become of an even higher odds of tipping since you start shifting the center of gravity of the equipment.
It doesn’t help some reach trucks are so much more reactive and touchy depending on whose worked on them over time

triples though. I don’t care how safe they are. My brain tells me I’m tipping on every slightly sharp turn

It doesn’t help some reach trucks are so much more reactive and touchy depending on whose worked on them over time

triples though. I don’t care how safe they are. My brain tells me I’m tipping on every slightly sharp turn
I found these huge tier racks hidden within the tier mountain on the 1 hunnid dock. It’s like 3 tiers in one. Why don’t you use them in WH?

Oh yeah I've seen and felt the difference of each equipment. I've been training on stand ups since the beginning of 2006 so I've went through all the different iterations of steering. The best thing I tell people is to always start off slow and FEEL the equipment. You'll get a better understanding of how it drives when you do that.

I've never driven a triple but yeah there are times I see them driving and think they are going to tip.

Oh yeah I've seen and felt the difference of each equipment. I've been training on stand ups since the beginning of 2006 so I've went through all the different iterations of steering. The best thing I tell people is to always start off slow and FEEL the equipment. You'll get a better understanding of how it drives when you do that.

I've never driven a triple but yeah there are times I see them driving and think they are going to tip.

Last edited:
chep pallets are “team lift”
:eek: I've worked here for 17 years and I literally have never known this. I should have though it makes sense. Not once has any manager or co-workers stopped me and said "Hey you shouldn't be lifting that by yourself"

:eek: I've worked here for 17 years and I literally have never known this. I should have though it makes sense. Not once has any manager or co-workers stopped me and said "Hey you shouldn't be lifting that by yourself"
Chep pallets can weight up to 65lbs compared to our standard ones which are less than 1/3 that weight

My store has been instructed NOT to use blue pallets for bales. Only "strong" brown pallets. Idk why. Also there was a store wide inventory of CHEP pallets required a week or two ago. Something is going on I assume it's to cut waste of wood since it has become more expensive
We don't get that many brown pallets for reverse logistics and sfs. Not to mention pallets of softlines. I let sfs have what they. need first. Sometimes when you use brown pallets for bales the weight makes it difficult to get the power jack underneath it. I feel more comfortable with bales on the blue when I'm putting bales in the steel. That is my personal safety concern.
Did anyone have to do the survey of how many chep pallets were in your store?

I found these huge tier racks hidden within the tier mountain on the 1 hunnid dock. It’s like 3 tiers in one. Why don’t you use them in WH?
Yeah, I saw some bigger ones stashed down in PIPO land. Brand new ones that are noticeably wider. Someday they will get put into use I guess. Just like we have some slips for the new RCs but they have been sitting unused in the back of our building for over half a year now.

Yeah, I saw some bigger ones stashed down in PIPO land. Brand new ones that are noticeably wider. Someday they will get put into use I guess. Just like we have some slips for the new RCs but they have been sitting unused in the back of our building for over half a year now.
My DC too (the slip attachments).
Maybe ther ordered versions incompatible with our current RC models 😁

Blue = CHEP
Red = PECO
Black plastic = iGPS
They’re just “higher end” pallet companies. Different producers have contracts with 1 of the 3 (ie. P&G = CHEP, Kraft = PECO) and every time the pallet goes through it’s cycle it gets returned to the pallet company. They then inspect the pallets and make any repairs before it gets used again.
I left a variety of pack of good wood and a note in front of door 102 just for an example. I lead by example and also retain that way. I pre X rubber banded it for you. It’s great to see some great minds thinking alike. If it were me I would use the black plastic every time. I guess it’s a quality thing.

Last edited:

Triples can flip when taking a sharp FAST turn. Lean into the turn naturally. Know how to brake / plug properly.

Last edited:
I never had an issue with throwing them around but I’m guessing someone threw their back out or dropped one on their foot a few years ago so they started cracking down on it in my DC. Most OMs don’t know/care, but SOMs+ will be on your ass if they see it.

I never had an issue with throwing them around but I’m guessing someone threw their back out or dropped one on their foot a few years ago so they started cracking down on it in my DC. Most OMs don’t know/care, but SOMs+ will be on your ass if they see it.
Commit every time

Triples can flip when taking a sharp FAST turn. Lean into the turn naturally. Know how to brake / plug properly.

This is not true. Triples won't let you make a high speed turn as they drop down to their turning speed when you turn the wheel a certain degree off center. Them set to 9mph and you force a sharp high speed turn the drive wheel will lose traction and you will slide and slow down for a moment until gaining back traction and turning at their set turning speed. Get on a triple and when in a safe area get up to speed throw the wheel trying to make it spin around by itself. The faster you try and turn a triple the less it actually turns. You might fling the wheel and it does 3 rotations but you'll barely be turning.

This is not true. Triples won't let you make a high speed turn as they drop down to their turning speed when you turn the wheel a certain degree off center. Them set to 9mph and you force a sharp high speed turn the drive wheel will lose traction and you will slide and slow down for a moment until gaining back traction and turning at their set turning speed. Get on a triple and when in a safe area get up to speed throw the wheel trying to make it spin around by itself. The faster you try and turn a triple the less it actually turns. You might fling the wheel and it does 3 rotations but you'll barely be turning.
Depends on which brand. Some buildings have Yale some have Crown. The old crowns did NOT slow down.

Depends on which brand. Some buildings have Yale some have Crown. The old crowns did NOT slow down.
We have like 1 old crown triple. It bounces and you can take ridiculously high speed turns. We all avoid it because it feels very Final Destinationy

We have like 1 old crown triple. It bounces and you can take ridiculously high speed turns. We all avoid it because it feels very Final Destinationy
I loved the crowns. I've driven both and the yales feel cheap and plastic-y. The Yale order pickers were the only ones I preferred.

Cruisin down the wing in my PRT
ice cube bounce GIF

The suped up one. Have you had a double pallet rider shake because it drove so fast 💨 We use it til the rims fall off

The triple that has the little back support is mine and 100 docks when they return. Plus what happened to TR1? And 2… ENF got a chop shop going on cuz I see different parts everywhere. These trailer doors on row Q need to be fixed asap. Rookie QC’s. Gas up the carts boys and girls let’s get to work. I will need a orange vest for 90. I got a full bag of zip ties. I got quality PPE. I don’t wear air pods I wear ear plugs and always plug. I don’t have time. How come no one tests power equipment the right way anymore? Some of the equipment is out of the safety threshold. 6ft brake 8 ft plug. Have no fear I’m experienced. I want slack permissions along with Jetson. Let me drive A sort today. We will have zero downtime. Splunk and Total converting production are not the same. Substract how may rejects. Is the reject alarms and sensors calibrated or does someone know someone else creditials?
Are you having a mental breakdown

I loved the crowns. I've driven both and the yales feel cheap and plastic-y. The Yale order pickers were the only ones I preferred.
Really? Our Yale order pickers were terrifying. They had like no safety features. Wouldn’t slow down when up in the air like the Crowns did. But to fair I’m kind of biased against Yale. Their reach trucks were atrocious, they were so jerky. The RCs were nice but I’ve only drove them maybe once before our warehouse got rid of them

Really? Our Yale order pickers were terrifying. They had like no safety features. Wouldn’t slow down when up in the air like the Crowns did. But to fair I’m kind of biased against Yale. Their reach trucks were atrocious, they were so jerky. The RCs were nice but I’ve only drove them maybe once before our warehouse got rid of them
We had rented yales a couple years ago. They told us no special training was needed to operate them. That was a joke.

Back