We should stop accepting personal checks UNLESS to get Target Debit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or....that they're old as fuck and aren't looking to adopt new payment methods into their life. Who gives a shit about this? You have the easiest job in the whole store.
I don't believe I've indicated what my job is. I was covering for a cashier. I, personally, feel the front end people DO NOT have the "easiest job in the whole store". Not at all.

Their main focus is to sign RedCards and that gets real old real fast. They possibly view what you do as "the easiest job in the whole store".

I've worked in a LOT of areas of the store and they all have pros and cons.

I don't believe I've indicated what my job is. I was covering for a cashier. I, personally, feel the front end people DO NOT have the "easiest job in the whole store". Not at all.

Their main focus is to sign RedCards and that gets real old real fast. They possibly view what you do as "the easiest job in the whole store".

You need more training as cashier. Everything you do there, is important for the guest. You are a last person they see, & guest survey will judge you.

I did, of course, but the one was rejected so not only took a lot of time but we can't restock perishables, had to toss.

That's about $80 of food (meat & dairy) on that bill. Whole bill I think just over $120.

Your store threw it away? We almost always restock it. We just ask the guest how long it'd been out of the cooler/freezer. If they say less than 30 minutes then it gets restocked. Otherwise we toss it but guest usually aren't in the store that long.

It's a shame that whomever runs your store sees it fit to throw away stuff. Pure laziness.

You need more training as cashier. Everything you do there, is important for the guest. You are a last person they see, & guest survey will judge you.
I'm quite well trained as GSA. I changed workcenters a while ago as it's not my preference. I just cover a shift here or there. I'm very well versed in Target policy and am quite painfully aware that very few are or are even "trained" at all.

Your store threw it away? We almost always restock it. We just ask the guest how long it'd been out of the cooler/freezer. If they say less than 30 minutes then it gets restocked. Otherwise we toss it but guest usually aren't in the store that long.

It's a shame that whomever runs your store sees it fit to throw away stuff. Pure laziness.
You cannot determine how long meat and chicken has been in someone's cart and just put it back for someone else to purchase. That's not laziness. That's responsibility.

If we get food returns, even if they're not perishable, they have to be defected.

I wonder if I work in the only store that follows policy?

I'm quite well trained as GSA. I changed workcenters a while ago as it's not my preference. I just cover a shift here or there. I'm very well versed in Target policy and am quite painfully aware that very few are or are even "trained" at all.
Based on your postings, you need to be tolerant of all guests. No matter on what they do or don’t do for your store.

It absolutely is the easiest.

Not worth losing the sales to older demographics if we stopped accepting checks aside from setting up redcards. Also not worth losing sales to organizations that may pay via check. We have a large number of folks who after the data breach years ago chose to write checks instead of using cards (still comes out of the same accounts but whatever, I’m not gonna argue with those guests) at the store after that, and a large elderly population. If guests behind the ones paying via check get mad that’s their personal problem, as long as Target gets their money they’re not gonna care if people behind the guest get mad. Some people really don’t want to be hassled about a card every time they come in, whether they pay by check or not.

Based on your postings, you need to be tolerant of all guests. No matter on what they do or don’t do for your store.
I understand that you mean well and I've exceptional rapport with our Guests. It is here, not at the store level, in front of Guests, that I will indicate any frustration about silly Guests, etc. To do elsewise would not be brand.

I thought this forum was where we go to air the events of the day or our ideas.

Maybe I'm confused with another Target forum???

Not worth losing the sales to older demographics if we stopped accepting checks aside from setting up redcards. Also not worth losing sales to organizations that may pay via check. We have a large number of folks who after the data breach years ago chose to write checks instead of using cards (still comes out of the same accounts but whatever, I’m not gonna argue with those guests) at the store after that, and a large elderly population. If guests behind the ones paying via check get mad that’s their personal problem, as long as Target gets their money they’re not gonna care if people behind the guest get mad. Some people really don’t want to be hassled about a card every time they come in, whether they pay by check or not.
I agree with THAT! It does seem like harrassment.

I can't say I really care that much. I'd just forgotten how LONG it takes the Guests to finally get the check from pocketbook to cashier.

I understand that you mean well and I've exceptional rapport with our Guests. It is here, not at the store level, in front of Guests, that I will indicate any frustration about silly Guests, etc. To do elsewise would not be brand.

"Rapport" right, anyway, losing your shit over qmos grocery and checks. Yeah sounds like you get along great with guests. What a bullshit non-issue this is.

We should grind up the old, and use them as food for the young. There you go. Check problem solved and world hunger problem solved.

We should grind up the old, and use them as food for the young. There you go. Check problem solved and world hunger problem solved.
03152258-SoylentGreenCover.ab94b306.jpg

Fine with me! I can't even THINK of a high volume chain store where staples such as groceries are routinely purchased that DIDN'T require some sort of application for a check card and most recently, debit cards.

It's a no brainier. Simplest thing on planet, IMO.

I pondered and cannot come up with so much as one SINGLE reason why anyone would refuse a debit card EXCEPT if they might write checks on insufficient funds.
My parents write checks all the time and refuse to own a debit card, too many issues with fraud and debit cards.

WTF. NO.

Here is the correct thread,
The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/the-things-guests-do-pet-peeves-thread.10818/

You come here to bitch about the stupidest stuff. It's a fucking check....Who cares if people use them and refuse to use a debit card. Take their check and run it through the register. If it gets declined, that's up to the person writing the check and Target. Take their cart and appropriately deal with the cart. I'm gonna look for some midol coupons because you seen extra hostile lately....

You cannot determine how long meat and chicken has been in someone's cart and just put it back for someone else to purchase. That's not laziness. That's responsibility.

If we get food returns, even if they're not perishable, they have to be defected.

I wonder if I work in the only store that follows policy?
No, we do not restock. Dangerous. Just wait till someone gets sick!

I think your store/ front end needs to redo their toss training. :oops:

Honestly ya'll gotta cut it out. Let OP complain about checks. Lord knows it's finally something different than circlejerking over the same points on how modernization has failed. 🙄🙄🙄

Targets defect out the food policy is way more stringent than most grocery stores.

No kidding. Literally anywhere else, they have someone from the relevant department come to the lanes to pick it up immediately. They check the temp and make the call whether to toss it or restock.

Up until a few years ago, that's what we did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back