Archived Wearing flannel as part of your uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed in the past two months TM's wearing red flannels instead of a plain red shirt. Has anyone else's store been doing this? This must be a new thing bc i don't remember them letting us wear flannel last year lol.

I got told that as long as red is the dominant color, you can wear plaid shirts to work. I've got a slightly western-style top that I thought wouldn't be okay, and no one has ever said a word about it.

What's with all the uptight TMs posting about uniform lately?

Likely got told by someone that they couldn't wear it but then saw someone else do it. My store allows maroon so lost cause to fight dress code. I went to a store wear a tm was wearing a black jacket with 5% red and no other red underneath. That wouldn't fly in my store.

Our Store doesn’t care all too much, I normally wear a grey tee with a buffalo plaid flannel in market . You don’t get too hot or too cold working pfresh and it doesn’t appear too dirty after working dry market.

half of our softlines girls walk around with a non red hoodie with a red shirt underneath and pull it off and tie it around their waist when someone important is around. pretty funny that none of them have had a talking to yet.

Red Jacket or Sweater. I wear an actual Red Shirt maybe once a Year and its when the rest of my stuff getting washed. Most stores stopped enforcing the "Plain Red with no Branding" idea a while back. Especially during Q4.

The new copy of the Target handbook shows a picture on the cover and one of the TMs is wearing a plaid shirt....so that's why there's more diversity in clothing.
Also, on the cover of that same book they made a huge mistake. Look at those TMs......no one has a Target name badge on! It's kind of funny that at the store level EVERYONE must have a name badge on....even if it isn't one with your name on. So whoever it was that was responsible to make sure that this picture was taken made a HUGE rookie mistake.

So, just like some idea that comes from corporate....the people who planned it are clueless as to what really happens at store level!! No name badges....horrible!!

Flannel plaid was the trend in 2016. Some TM's won't let it go.

This! Softlines was encouraged to wear Red Flannel the year that they were selling the flannels as a huge push. We had flannel everything from shirts to hats, scarves, and even gloves. Even had flannel spot the dog stickers for the front lanes. Personally I like the red flannel but as someone said it's too hot to wear in my store with the physical labor being more than it's ever been.

This! Softlines was encouraged to wear Red Flannel the year that they were selling the flannels as a huge push. We had flannel everything from shirts to hats, scarves, and even gloves. Even had flannel spot the dog stickers for the front lanes. Personally I like the red flannel but as someone said it's too hot to wear in my store with the physical labor being more than it's ever been.
Yeah, but my flannel shirt is sure gonna be nice on Thanksgiving :) My area is freezing at night, so it'll be nice to have something warm to wear when I get out in the middle of the night.

I've noticed in the past two months TM's wearing red flannels instead of a plain red shirt. Has anyone else's store been doing this? This must be a new thing bc i don't remember them letting us wear flannel last year lol.
They've been doing this for the last few years at my store. 🤷

I'm not being uptight and honestly I don't care what people are wearing lol. i just asked out of curiosity bc I never heard or seen this until recently. I thought it might have been a new thing

Last edited:
A serious case of ASANTS.

Guess my store let's others get away with not being completely red (minus SFS obv.) My old store was very uptight about the "red."

You wash your clothes once a year? 😳

More of the once a Year I decide to throw them in the Wash and fall asleep before transfering them to the Dryer and then don't have three hours to let it do its magic.

half of our softlines girls walk around with a non red hoodie with a red shirt underneath and pull it off and tie it around their waist when someone important is around. pretty funny that none of them have had a talking to yet.
LUCKY! Our store lets all the rest of the TM's wear any shirt thats red, including flannel, stripes, maroon. But they insist that softlines has to be "style leaders" and we can only wear solid "target" red shirts. They told me this after I had been working for two weeks and had already bought a flannel shirt to wear -_-

Maybe because it's not really a uniform if there's no dress code enforcement of the red & khaki? When I shop at other stores, I like being able to tell who's staff and at other (non-Target) stores in my area, it seems to be pretty obvious. Some TMs at my store are so far outside of dress code that I sometimes wonder if they're at the store to shop, not work.

Maybe because it's not really a uniform if there's no dress code enforcement of the red & khaki? When I shop at other stores, I like being able to tell who's staff and at other (non-Target) stores in my area, it seems to be pretty obvious. Some TMs at my store are so far outside of dress code that I sometimes wonder if they're at the store to shop, not work.

Typically, you can tell who's an employee by whether or not they're working there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back