Archived Weekends only unreasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occasional weekends off should be a thing for every single TM like do I really need to be there every single Saturday and every single Sunday every week of every year

The worst thing is favoritism when it comes to scheduling weekends. We had that happen in Market when the TL hired a friend of the family to work in the department. They of course ended up getting a M-F schedule with every single weekend off. Meanwhile vets who have worked there 10 years get stuck working every weekend. It would be fine if we had a rotating weekend schedule or seniority rules type of situation, but when there is no discernible criteria being used it’s a problem. Especially when you notice that those with weekends off usually get them due to cronyism instead of merit.

Even better is when you call off on a Sunday and the TL/ETLs act like its a double call off because it’s a weekend. Well, excuse me, but if the weekends are that much more important why isn’t that reflected in the scheduling or in pay for the TMs who have to work every single weekend?

I echo the sentiments of the post a few above mine which correctly stated that working weekends is no big deal generally, but when you work weekend after weekend without any of them off that can be aggravating. Especially when you put in a time off request for a weekend and you’re denied like I was repeatedly and told, “I need you here on the weekends when I’m not here to watch the team”.

As far as just working just Saturday and Sunday that’s typically almost all of the cashiers at my store who are made up of primarily high school and college students.

Last edited:
You'd think they'd love me more - I don't care what day I work.

JUST WORK ME.

Reactions: Dog
The worst thing is favoritism when it comes to scheduling weekends. We had that happen in Market when the TL hired a friend of the family to work in the department. They of course ended up getting a M-F schedule with every single weekend off. Meanwhile vets who have worked there 10 years get stuck working every weekend. It would be fine if we had a rotating weekend schedule or seniority rules type of situation, but when there is no discernible criteria being used it’s a problem. Especially when you notice that those with weekends off usually get them due to cronyism instead of merit.

Even better is when you call off on a Sunday and the TL/ETLs act like its a double call off because it’s a weekend. Well, excuse me, but if the weekends are that much more important why isn’t that reflected in the scheduling or in pay for the TMs who have to work every single weekend?

I echo the sentiments of the post a few above mine which correctly stated that working weekends is no big deal generally, but when you work weekend after weekend without any of them off that can be aggravating. Especially when you put in a time off request for a weekend and you’re denied like I was repeatedly and told, “I need you here on the weekends when I’m not here to watch the team”.

As far as just working just Saturday and Sunday that’s typically almost all of the cashiers at my store who are made up of primarily high school and college students.
I agree. Weekends should be paid more especially when ass busting every weekend. And watching the team. And getting shit from the team when trying to break up the chatty ones. Just because I don't mean I can't tell you what to do so we come clean. Nice try. Try snapping at your ETL like that

I know some non-Target stores pay the weekends more. Target should too. It would pay out. Their busiest days.

Last edited:
We have a few weekend only people. I enjoy it because I can always count on them, the younger kids and seasonal team members especially like to call in on weekends. I also have two people who only have a few scheduled shifts a month and are my go-to call in people if I need coverage.

When I got hired at my current store, the ETL HR said I can switch to weekends only once grad school starts. I don't know if I will do that, but I'm keeping the option in mind.

When I got hired at my current store, the ETL HR said I can switch to weekends only once grad school starts. I don't know if I will do that, but I'm keeping the option in mind.
Make sure that you never stop reminding someone of this because when that ETL HR moves on so will that promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back