Weekly Action Update things to know

I'm not at work until Monday so maybe one of you know: will be the new shorts policy explicitly state the length of the shorts? It'd be in pretty bad taste to allow shorts and not specify- booty shorts should be a hard NO.
Anyone know if there are length or color requirements for the shorts? I haven't seen anything that says that yet.
Mid thigh or longer and the color requirement is the same as pants. Solid color, khaki preferred

I'm not at work until Monday so maybe one of you know: will be the new shorts policy explicitly state the length of the shorts? It'd be in pretty bad taste to allow shorts and not specify- booty shorts should be a hard NO.
honestly stores would most likely be on top of that.

Those like myself that wanted a definition of Hoochie Daddy Short.

Men who've begun. wearing form-fitting shorts that are short enough to. reveal mid-to-upper thigh meat.

Outside of the workplace, I don't mind that so much- I love to see a man's muscular thigh above the knee!

But if I see buttcheeks.....you've lost me, man or woman. *Unless we're at a strip club; that'd be ok. 😆

It looks like they updated the new sick pay policy. Now it seems that if you use sick pay, then the shift is excused. (For the TMs covered under the new company-wide plan, details will differ if you're currently covered by local law).

So basically they are discouraging us from using the sick time pay by having to jump through hoops. I would have to cough on my HR to get it approved
I never saw how many hours we can accrue in a year and if they go bye-bye at the end of the year if not used. Anyone know?

So basically they are discouraging us from using the sick time pay by having to jump through hoops. I would have to cough on my HR to get it approved
I never saw how many hours we can accrue in a year and if they go bye-bye at the end of the year if not used. Anyone know?

You earn 1 hour for every 52 worked as long as you average 20+ hours a year. Up to 40 hours a year. Not sure if it's a use or lose it every year though; I would imagine it is.

You earn 1 hour for every 52 worked as long as you average 20+ hours a year. Up to 40 hours a year. Not sure if it's a use or lose it every year though; I would imagine it is.

Does accrual go away at the end of the calendar or fiscal year or does it roll over and continue to accrue?
It's not use it or lose it, you just stop accruing once you hit 40. Just like vacation caps at 1.5x your accrual, and you just stop earning.

I have like 180 sick hours...how is this new policy different? Does this vary by state? When I call in now, all I have to do is ask an HR-TM to put in sick hours for me...no hoops. Is the accrual rate different? annual earning cap changed?

I have like 180 sick hours...how is this new policy different? Does this vary by state? When I call in now, all I have to do is ask an HR-TM to put in sick hours for me...no hoops. Is the accrual rate different? annual earning cap changed?
If you already have sick time then the new policy doesn't count for you. Likely your states sick time laws are better then the new policy. It is for tms that didn't have it previously.

180 hours!

I would use it or lose it like others have said in the post.

yeah, this Oct, will be my 7th year, and I may call out maybe twice a year at best...so I've got quite a bit. I'm still not understanding what the new policy is tho...is it better than it was? In almost 7 years, I've probably called out maybe 10 times total...maybe 12...and I have like 180 atm. 1 for every 52 seems worse than it was....but as I said, I rarely use it so I don't pay attention to it. I really should call out more haha...I'm in PA.

I wonder if the same TMs who wear midriff-baring tops will be wearing short shorts and be able to get away with that too.
It's so inappropriate but it seems like no one enforces any dress code rules at my store. The latest seems to be a lot of TMs wearing a red vest and any kind of shirt beneath, including with non-Target, bordering-on-inappropriate logos. Imo, the vest looks like Wal-Mart, and who wants to wear another layer of clothing in the summer anyway. Maybe the front end TMs, but not for pushing truck - too warm already.

yeah, this Oct, will be my 7th year, and I may call out maybe twice a year at best...so I've got quite a bit. I'm still not understanding what the new policy is tho...is it better than it was? In almost 7 years, I've probably called out maybe 10 times total...maybe 12...and I have like 180 atm. 1 for every 52 seems worse than it was....but as I said, I rarely use it so I don't pay attention to it. I really should call out more haha...I'm in PA.
As others have said, the new policy won’t affect people who already get sick hours based on local laws. This policy only affects the people who don’t work in an area that mandates sick hours. You’ll keep the same policies that you have because they’re likely better than what Target is offering the rest of us.

I wonder if the same TMs who wear midriff-baring tops will be wearing short shorts and be able to get away with that too.
It's so inappropriate but it seems like no one enforces any dress code rules at my store. The latest seems to be a lot of TMs wearing a red vest and any kind of shirt beneath, including with non-Target, bordering-on-inappropriate logos. Imo, the vest looks like Wal-Mart, and who wants to wear another layer of clothing in the summer anyway. Maybe the front end TMs, but not for pushing truck - too warm already.
I don't wear the vests either for the same reason. I run hot and don't need another layer of clothing. Plus they're kind of ugly.

Back